Topics > TEOTWAWKI

Time to talk about his stuff again.

(1/1)

John Florida:
  I'll start with fuel storage go to the end this guy has different idea on adatives.

https://youtu.be/4hnL1xGW1TQ

Libertas:
Interesting.  Being a skeptic at heart I can relate to the concept of Big Adative being snakeoil...

Being a skeptic though I can go either way on things too!   ;D

AlanS:
Interesting. I had no idea diesel had a shelf life of over 5 yrs. And I'm rather surprised to find gas has a 2 yrs shelf life. I haven't done a ton of research, but I was always under the impression one year was about it, then the BTU's started to drop significantly. It would burn, but not as efficiently.

The one downside I see to his set up is volume. That's probably a 250-300 gal gas tank and 500 for the diesels. He should be good on diesel, but I can envision going through the gas rather quickly. Especially running the roads checking on the kids/grandkids after an emp.

John Florida:

--- Quote from: AlanS on April 29, 2017, 01:20:18 PM ---Interesting. I had no idea diesel had a shelf life of over 5 yrs. And I'm rather surprised to find gas has a 2 yrs shelf life. I haven't done a ton of research, but I was always under the impression one year was about it, then the BTU's started to drop significantly. It would burn, but not as efficiently.

The one downside I see to his set up is volume. That's probably a 250-300 gal gas tank and 500 for the diesels. He should be good on diesel, but I can envision going through the gas rather quickly. Especially running the roads checking on the kids/grandkids after an emp.

--- End quote ---

He did say that the gas is non ethenol and 93 octane.  The size is to that specific  person one has to do what one can do.

Alphabet Soup:
My gout has been acting up and that has me distracted. As a result i allowed the fuel in my commuter to get dangerously low.
So I went ahead and poured in 5 gallons of gas that was a year old. Car ran the same as with fresh gas.

FWIW...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version