Author Topic: Roger Moore, 89  (Read 2543 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Roger Moore, 89
« on: May 23, 2017, 12:14:30 PM »
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/roger-moore-dead-aged-89-10482929

Not my favorite Bond...still think Connery is the better...

And IIRC he's said he didn't like guns...and it many scenes it seemed to show...flinches/blinking...

"Short battle with cancer"... Ugh.

Goodwill ambassador for UNICEF...  ::)  Yes, the poor people of the earth still hate all of us who have helped them over the years while their elites rape the soil and people...

(sigh)

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Roger Moore, 89
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 01:35:12 PM »
I know among Bond fans that Moore's turns at the wheel are not considered the best. Maybe it's because of my age, or because I've only been a casual fan of James Bond, or perhaps for both reasons - when I think of James Bond, I think of Roger Moore. I enjoyed the campiness he brought to the role. I remember watching Dean Martin's Matt Helm movies too, and in my young mind, I always thought Helm was spoofing Bond, and particularly Moore's Bond.

RIP.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 05:15:56 PM »
I never liked the campy versions of Bond - the latest & about to retire, Daniel Craig, does it for me. I kid my children that the Craig version could take on the Avengers...single handedly (and barely wrinkle his suit)!  ;D

RIP Roger.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 08:21:18 PM »
I think it's because of your age, IDP.  We're of the age in which Roger Moore was our introduction to the world of James Bond.  I think Octopussy was my first Bond movie experience and I liked it, hence I liked Roger Moore.  Now an unofficial Bond movie followed that up, Never Say Never Again, and that was my introduction to Sean Connery as Bond.  As we entered the age of video, it gave me a chance to watch all the old ones I'd missed and sure, Sean Connery became by favorite, but Roger Moore handled the roll well.  Better than modern Bonds, that's for sure.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 01:08:15 AM »
I never liked the campy versions of Bond - the latest & about to retire, Daniel Craig, does it for me. I kid my children that the Craig version could take on the Avengers...single handedly (and barely wrinkle his suit)!  ;D

RIP Roger.

Daniel Craig is homosexual and I could never get past that.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 05:48:52 AM »

RIP Roger.

I didn't know that. I knew he was married to Rachel Weisz - but I guess that's a cover.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 07:21:00 AM »
Obviously, I liked the seat-covers in the Moore flicks, but those came standard in most them.  And yeah, some of the post-Moore ones were God-awful...but Connery had that calm bravado but could get nasty and break a sweat and still look good...so he will always be Top Bond in my book.  Plus I don't know if the era or whatever, but the early Bond films with Connery and Martin's Helm had a certain style...I dunno more manly or something...less modern-man sensitive BS ya know?

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 10:18:26 AM »

RIP Roger.

I suppose anything is possible, but he is married to the actress Rachel Weisz and has been since 2011.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 10:25:16 AM »
Hunh.  I don't know then.  When he was named as the new Bond, that he was homosexual was what I read in several places on the web.
So ........ everything on the internet is not true after all?   ::falldownshocked::

eta:  In any case, I stand corrected and thankee.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 10:52:06 AM »
Hunh.  I don't know then.  When he was named as the new Bond, that he was homosexual was what I read in several places on the web.
So ........ everything on the internet is not true after all?   ::falldownshocked::

eta:  In any case, I stand corrected and thankee.

Well, to be fair to your original point... a homosexual Hollywood actor married to a woman would not be shocking or particularly unusual. Could be the "B" in LGBTQXYZ. As I said, anything is possible. Just wanted to point out that he is indeed married to a woman. Unless she self-identifies as something else. Who am I to judge? Maybe Craig and xis spouse are lesbians.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2017, 11:13:06 AM »
Okay, lol, let's not get swept away here; there's more than enough of that kind of zxit in every other media place.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 11:46:24 AM »
I thought he enjoyed that torture scene in the seatless chair a bit too much...if that indicates anything...
 ::rolllaughing::