Author Topic: Hey, let's fix white people's xenophobia by drugging them!  (Read 790 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Hey, let's fix white people's xenophobia by drugging them!
« on: August 26, 2017, 10:50:08 AM »
I could have put this in the Science section, but it's ultimately science in service of an ideological agenda so I put it in Politics.

Anyhow, this is almost satire but it's all too real.  A study supported by the NIH (i.e. you and me) investigated whether xenophobic attitudes to refugees could be countered by administering oxytocin. Oxytocin is a hormone that is sometimes called "the love drug" because it is involved in pair bonding -- man and woman, mother and child.

Its purpose is to counteract defensiveness and suspicion, and to produce a sense of infatuation. This is especially true in species like tigers, which because they are normally lone hunters the furtherance of their species requires the male and female to reduce their aggressiveness toward one another long enough for mating to occur.

So the valiant social engineers who see our society as a giant Petri dish for experimentation decided to see if this chemical could be used to "correct" those damn bigoted xenophobic white people who inexplicably have some problem with millions of refugees coming into their countries.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28808030

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4779454/The-drug-cure-xenophobia.html
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Hey, let's fix white people's xenophobia by drugging them!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 01:01:30 PM »
Hows about they administer it to the "foreigners" in their home countries so they stay there and "give" to their own people.

But, nope; we must be made into another brown-glop country.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 08:01:55 PM »
  How bout they cure the common cold.  Assholes.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 07:30:09 AM »
Hey, how about they let us live in unmolested peace...lest we rise up and slay our oppressors?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 11:42:49 AM »
  Why don't they medicate themselves since liberalism is a mental disorder.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie