Topics > Weather, Climate, & Natural Disasters

Ash is Falling in Seattle

(1/2) > >>

Alphabet Soup:
The updated forecast for Seattle:   ash flurries today with low visibility and cooling smoke shade. 

I have been forecasting around here for a long time and have never seen a situation like this, with ash falling around western Washington and a smoke cloud so dense one would think it is low stratus deck.   No sun was visible this morning.

I am mean this is something new.

Outside my home there is ash on all horizontal surfaces.   To illustrate, here is a photo taken by Logan Johnson, the head of the Seattle NWS office, from his home in Bothell.  His car looks like it has a bad case of dandruff.

More: http://cliffmass.blogspot.com/

Alphabet Soup:
I woke up this morning to a light dusting of ash on everything. The air is heavy and acrid. The sun came up over the hillside and was the most intense orange I have ever seen.

Wildfires in British Columbia and Eastern Washington aren't unusual but smoke from them transversing the Cascades and flowing down into the Puget Sound area where I live is unheard of.

On the good side, it was forecast to reach 98 degrees today and now they're saying 90.

whoopee!

Pandora:
You're safe, though?

Alphabet Soup:
As safe as ever. It's less smoky than when I used to play in the bars - and probably better smelling too ;'}

John Florida:
  Don't let it just sit on your car that will do a number on the paint.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version