Author Topic: AZ poised to make Colt single-action Army revolver "official" state firearm  (Read 2086 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Kudos to AZ! The Peacemaker is a very classy piece. ::cool::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Pan and BAS, I think we should lobby the NC General Assembly for a state gun. Either the Gatling gun or the M1 Carbine would be appropriate, since both were invented by North Carolinians.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline rickl

• Established Member
Pan and BAS, I think we should lobby the NC General Assembly for a state gun. Either the Gatling gun or the M1 Carbine would be appropriate, since both were invented by North Carolinians.

I saw on a TV show once that the Gatling gun's inventor was trying to reduce casualties in war.  He reasoned that his gun could replace several riflemen.

Massive FAIL.   ::facepalm::

OTOH, maybe we should all petition our state legislators to name a state gun.  Why not?  We have state flowers, trees, bugs, etc.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Yeah, Dr. Gatling wasn't the only one to erroneously assume that introducing a weapon capable of such carnage would horrify people so much that they forever avoided war. Similar arguments were made about mustard gas, dreadnoughts, and of course we've been entertaining that same basic reasoning with nuclear weapons and MAD. In that case, it held true for as long as rational people were the exclusive nuclear club. Now? Uhhhh...
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly