Author Topic: Obama decides DOMA is unconstitutional, direct DoJ not to enforce  (Read 3506 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
The lawlessness of this administration continues without recourse. And this in light of his refusal to obey a court order regarding ObamaCare and offshore drilling.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504564_162-20035495-504564.html

President Obama decided the Justice Department no longer would defend DOMA after concluding the law was unconstitutional, administration officials said. Attorney General Eric Holder notified House Speaker John Boehner of the President's decision in a letter today, explaining that the administration believed the law violated equal protection principles, because it treats gays and lesbians differently than heterosexual couples. The government, he said, has no compelling reason for doing that.

First, it is not the prerogative of the President to decide on questions of constitutionality. And since when has that mattered to him anyway? The executive branch is charged with enforcing the laws enacted by the legislature. Questions of legality are for the judicial branch. We have a completely arbitrary enforcement of law at the federal level now. We do not live under the Rule of Law anymore. I best not say anything else.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

pablodefleurs

Re: Obama decides DOMA is unconstitutional, direct DoJ not to enforce
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 03:33:06 PM »
Makes me think of Play-house sets and convertible motorcades and the interminable periods of time in-between such footnotes of historical context.

Some things...like old library books...are overdue.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 04:09:47 PM »

Could this have been put forth as a distraction?  A distraction from his complete inept and continuing mishandling of the middle-east situation. A distraction from the possible and close to probable loss of union control in Wisconsin which portends the inevitable domino effect of union loss throughout the country. A distraction because it will fail. Or we do.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 05:04:53 PM »

Could this have been put forth as a distraction?  A distraction from his complete inept and continuing mishandling of the middle-east situation. A distraction from the possible and close to probable loss of union control in Wisconsin which portends the inevitable domino effect of union loss throughout the country. A distraction because it will fail. Or we do.

Damn right he's trying to change the subject!! LOOK A SHINY OBJECT!! Screw him and the horse he rode in on.

Thanks for the spell check Lord know I needed it bad. And thanks for not making fun of my spelling.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

pablodefleurs

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 06:03:55 PM »
First, it is not the prerogative of the President to decide on questions of constitutionality. And since when has that mattered to him anyway? The executive branch is charged with enforcing the laws enacted by the legislature. Questions of legality are for the judicial branch. We have a completely arbitrary enforcement of law at the federal level now. We do not live under the Rule of Law anymore. I best not say anything else.

Right. But I was discussing the general atmosphere/tone from Obama with one of my church buds this past Sunday:I don't begrudge the fact that "X" person and I have an ideological difference...I can deal with that.

But when "X" person & I have said difference...AND "X" person illegally moves (because he assumes his positional power will let him get away with it) to enforce, foist, subject or otherwise inflict said difference(s) upon me, mine & my culture....

...then I begin envisioning scenarios where he/she must be stopped in their tracks...by any means or use of force necessary.

Ideological differences are one thing...illegally changing the cultural/legal fabric, so as to align it with your point of view, is an entirely different thing. I can put up with the former...but will put down the latter.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 06:12:28 PM by Pablo de Fleurs »

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 06:40:37 PM »
Judging from his last court case he don't know sh*t from consttutional.

Pan has been busy as hell look at all the smilies.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 06:47:53 PM »
Barry is a gutless worm, and this walk-back of DOMA is classic gutless pig of a move.

I'm with Pablo, a line is being crossed that should not have been approached, period.

Hey Pan, I gotta get my selections, but damn, you one busy gal!  Anything left for me to suggest?! ;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 07:09:54 PM »
I'm convinced he does these things for the purpose of pushing our buttons. He's a classic example of that type of worm. Stuff like the subsequent (i.e., no accident this time) dropping of references to the Creator from the DOI, the extended middle finger, the "5 Pillars" in the State of the Union speech, etc.

In this case he does this right on the heels of his refusal to stop implementing ObamaCare in spite of it being declared unconstitutional by a Federal court, and co-opts that very rationale to explain his decision to stop defending DOMA. It's a total tweak, definitely deliberate and calculated just to poke a finger in our eyes.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 07:17:03 PM »
A commenter at Ace's said, "Watch what his other hand is doing while everyone is preoccupied with this."
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 07:31:05 PM »
I'm convinced he does these things for the purpose of pushing our buttons. He's a classic example of that type of worm. Stuff like the subsequent (i.e., no accident this time) dropping of references to the Creator from the DOI, the extended middle finger, the "5 Pillars" in the State of the Union speech, etc.

In this case he does this right on the heels of his refusal to stop implementing ObamaCare in spite of it being declared unconstitutional by a Federal court, and co-opts that very rationale to explain his decision to stop defending DOMA. It's a total tweak, definitely deliberate and calculated just to poke a finger in our eyes.

He's trying to change the subject!!
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 07:37:59 PM »
Yeah, good luck with that Barry!  Unlike your brain-dead fricken crowd, we on the right are capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing!  If you think for one second we are not watching all your damn hands, you're a crackhead! 

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 07:46:03 PM »
A commenter at Ace's said, "Watch what his other hand is doing while everyone is preoccupied with this."

Yup.  But Libertas is on the money - we can watch the prestidigitation and walk at the same time.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

pablodefleurs

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 08:21:00 PM »
It's a total tweak, definitely deliberate and calculated just to poke a finger in our eyes.

That's why I pray that God smites him down in a grisly, painful, drawn out, writhing agonizing, s...l...o...w death (with lots of shock, disbelief and screaming).

God raises men up and lays them down. And I pray that he not only goes down...but in the worst possible way.

(Heh & any lib-tard that's got a problem with that can try to prosecute me...but will first have t'prove the existence of God)  ;)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 08:24:24 PM by Pablo de Fleurs »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 08:24:19 PM »
It's a total tweak, definitely deliberate and calculated just to poke a finger in our eyes.

That's why I pray that God smites him down in a grisly, painful, drawn out, agonizing, s...l...o...w death.

God raises men up and lays them down. And I pray that he not only goes down...but in the worst possible way.

(Heh & any lib-tard that's got a problem with that can try to prosecute me...but will first have t'prove the existence of God)  ;)

Heh.  Now that'd be a win-win!   ::stirpot::   ;D

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 09:18:58 PM »
The middle east is falling apart....and our president is tackling the tough subject of gay marriage, by overstepping his bounds, possibly on purpose to divert attention.

If not on purpose, then it is possibly the most egotisitcal move for the most egotistical President ever.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2011, 06:50:09 AM »
The whole world knows that Barry is an idiot and incapable of doing anything on the world stage except make everything worse.  I think if there is a diversionary tactic going on here it is to divert how in up to his neck he is with the union thug uprisings in the Midwest.  After all, who does he fear?  who is he interested in deflecting?  Us!  And our biggest battles right now are in the states, that is where we are concentrating our fire at present, and this is the uprising he rightly fears!

Now that we have feet on necks, it is time to increase the pressure!  They'll panic more, and say and do more stupid crap that will turn off the electorate.

Bank on it!

So push harder!    ::stirpot::