This whole conversation needs to be turned over to what we as a comunity need to do together to ensure our as in all of us here survive. Even if it means leaving our home to meet at a predetermined place.
If Michelle and I were to start over again, we would probably buy land in the Black Hills of South Dakota ( one of our friends is prepping there) SD has no income Tax (fairly high property tax though), is generally conservative politically, has a low population density, and allows viable farming and ranching even though it isn't prime farmland. Wyoming and Utah are other good candidates
1) Prime Farmland will likely be seized by the government, or you will be pushed out so they can sell it to forigners to help pay debts and cut deals. You want land good enough to feed you and yours, but not good enough for external production.
2) Sharecropping will likely make more sense than owning. Large properties will almost always result in large tax bills. Agricultural rates are low now, but I wouldn't count on that being true as Food prices rise and the Govt wants their share of the take. Having land nearby you can sharecrop/lease or otherwise appropriate gives you the benefits of ownership without a profile that the government will notice. As the govt becomes strapped for cash they will have fewer park rangers, game wardens etc, so being close to public lands will also give you additional resources. 2 acres adjoining 1000s of acres of vacant land is probably more useful than the 1000 acres. If things really get bad, you need to defend what is "yours" or it no longer is yours - and that is resources you could have used for other things. .
3) As most of the responses to the GI post suggest, 15 won't be enough. You will need to form a real clan, 100 or more. Doing this pre-SHTF will be difficult if not impossible. You are better off moving to a rural area where the likelyhood of "spontaneous"clan formation will occur. Look for a place where the people are proud of their identity as locals, where geography suggests a clan division, and values that are predominantly conservative. Obviously this area should also be tactically defensible. Once Identified you need to get local plates for your vehicles, go to the community picnics and events, and start making yourself known as"one of them" and not a "part-timer"
4) Identify the raw resources in that area and investigate what could be done to get at them. Could you get your own salt locally? How about Black Powder? Are there Natural Gas Wells that could be pressed into the service of the Clan? Get a permit to make Alcohol Fuel. Making distilled Spiris will ALWAYS be a useful skill.
5) Arrange to provide your own water Land with a Small Spring is good, but I am not sure about having ground water like a creek . Nomadic People will follow water upstream when traveling fo fishing and as a source. You don't need them wantering into your compound. Wells are good, and probably better than a spring which may go dry in a bad year - wells are deep and can be drilled deeper - pretty much ensureing there is water in them, but you need o also ensure you have a means of pumping the water out.
6) Power may stay on during all of this, but if lines are stolen from a rural area, you could be without power for weeks or months. And of course, you are only going to see the prices going up. So a large solar array is required.That means you need unobstructed Solar exposure. There are VERY FEW places where wind is a reliable source, and it will cost more per KW than the equivalent Solar Array, while also putting up a nice tower that can be seen from a distance letting others know you have power. The Solar irradiience is better the furher South you go
7) Sewage and Trash. Make sure that there are places these things are going to go other than open pits. Local Dump. Spetic Tanks. Beware that most septic systems will fail if overused. If youplan multiple families living in a compund or close to one another, you need separate systems.
8) Harsh Climate. You are probably looking for a place where the elements at least occasionaly pose a danger to human survival for the unprepared. Its going to cut down on nomadic incursion and raiding. No one is going to Migrate North for the winter. a Tropic or temperate climate is great for growing food, but it also ensures that those without shelter will not die of cold during the night,and neither will any diseases growing in the sewage they leave.
The biggest problem with organizing a group as spread out as this forum is is the prep time. My buddy in the Black hills is 6 hours from his Teotwaki place. It takes a long time to get things ready. Way longer than you might think. Unless someone is unemployed and prepping is going to be full time, getting things ready will not take months. It will take years.