Author Topic: Obama to impose new gun "reforms" - through EO  (Read 4894 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Obama to impose new gun "reforms" - through EO
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 11:54:25 AM »
Jeebus!

First, classifying rifle ammo as pistol is pure BS, I want to see a federal judge agree with that crap!

Second, I wouldn't expect copper exemption to last longer than a biscuit on a table at a fat man convention.

Third, no surprise they are targeting popular AR rounds, eh?  Bastids!

Lastly - "Those who have T6 ammunition and PFP bullets will be contacted by the BATF to recover any bullets or ammunition that have not been FIRED yet."

The "FU" leveled at these pricks cannot be shouted loud enough!

In conclusion I guess I just answered my own question.

::angry::

::cussing:: Facists!

This has Stymie & Erica's foul stench all over it!!!

::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2011, 11:59:54 AM »
Is it too late to learn how to make my own rounds?

::whatgives::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2011, 12:01:09 PM »

No, but the components are prolly becoming more expensive too, so get a move on.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2011, 12:11:29 PM »

No, but the components are prolly becoming more expensive too, so get a move on.

::bashing::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Re: Obama to impose new gun "reforms" - through EO: And here we go...
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2011, 01:20:46 PM »
Create a problem, mandate a "solution" by bureaucratic fiat. This is the building blocks of tyranny being set into place  folks. Can there be any further doubt?

ATF to require gun buyer information on border

WASHINGTON (AP) — In an effort to stem the illicit flow of weapons into Mexico, the Justice Department announced Monday that all gun shops in four Southwest border states will be required to alert the federal government to frequent buyers of high-powered rifles...

More dismay at the link.

Further information as Issa and Grassley react to the new long-gun registration requirements:

There is now evidence that the Obama Administration was looking for anecdotal cases to support their regulations on long gun multiple sales.

Senator Charles Grassley released this statement yesterday:

Senator Chuck Grassley, Ranking Member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, gave the following comment after it was announced by the Justice Department that Federal Firearms Licensees along the Southwest Border would be required to report multiple long gun sales. The Judiciary Committee has primary jurisdiction over policy related to the Justice Department. Grassley is also leading an investigation into the risky strategy employed by Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to allow guns to be sold to straw buyers and then watch the guns be transported to third parties without following the guns.

“We’ve learned from our investigation of Fast and Furious that reporting multiple long gun sales would do nothing to stop the flow of firearms to known straw purchasers because many Federal Firearms Dealers are already voluntarily reporting suspicious transactions. In fact, in just the documents we’ve obtained, we are aware of 150 multiple long guns sales associated with the ATF’s Fast and Furious case, and despite the fact that nearly all of these sales were reported in real time by cooperating gun dealers, the ATF watched the guns be transported from known straw purchasers to third parties and then let the guns walk away, often across the border. This makes it pretty clear that the problem isn’t lack of burdensome reporting requirements. The administration’s continued overreach with regulations continues, and is a distraction from its reckless policy to allow guns to walk into Mexico.”

Neither Grassley nor Issa are quite there yet; this was not a bungle, this was deliberate.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2011, 02:32:13 PM »
"this was not a bungle, this was deliberate"

Damn right, and people, not just us, should be hoping mad about this!!!

::gaah::

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2011, 02:33:26 PM »
They sure could use more help (more like-minded pubbies to chair investigations, etc).

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2011, 04:40:32 PM »
They sure could use more help (more like-minded pubbies to chair investigations, etc).

They should also be cleaning out cells for future guests and not wait for the Christmas rush. Somebody needs to go to jail. I'm thinking Holder first.

All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2011, 05:17:20 PM »
This action by batf - creating a new standard for multiple sales on. Border states - begs the observation: they are making this move in spite of all that's been revealed about gunwalker. They let the guns walk across the border, they facilitated the murders of a border agent and god knows how many others. Yet they have the hubris to use ths very activity as an excuse for these new regulations.

It smacks of a plan, elements of which must be accomplished no matter what - even in the face of complete exposure and revelation, and even when their sole justification is exposed as fraud and scandal, they believe that making this move against firearm rights trumps whatever fallout that may come from doing so.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2011, 05:35:14 PM »
It's frightening.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2011, 06:36:27 AM »
I'm starting to feel like a German Jew circa 1930's!

But the Proglodyte Gestapo gonna find our people a much tougher populace to snuff, which is why the evil bastards are sneaking around doing crap like this.  Laying the groundwork for eventual confiscation of all privately held guns.  Then nothing will stop them!

Time for The Resistance to start kicking some fascist ass!