Author Topic: Cause Of GW Discovered  (Read 3580 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: Cause Of GW Discovered
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2011, 12:37:20 AM »
Radar from Mash. One and gone.

No way...he was on The Hollywood Squares for years. That has to count for something, right? Hey, he even got to do a guest shot on The Love Boat. If that's not the big time I don't know what is.

Trivia: Only actor from the original film to end up on the television show.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2011, 12:57:02 AM »
One more...

The most popular HB episode ever. Held the record for most popular 30 minute episode for decades...

The Beverly Hillibillies, The Giant Jackrabbit, Part 1

You can click through to parts 2 & 3 after that one plays out.

Trivia:

Nancy Kulp outed herself as a lesbian in 1989. Predictably, she was a huge lib. From her wikipedia entry:

In 1984, after working with the Democratic State Committee in her home state of Pennsylvania "on a variety of projects" over a period of years, Kulp ran for the US House of Representatives as a Democrat from Pennsylvania but was unsuccessful.[3] As an opponent of a Republican incumbent, Bud Shuster, in a Republican district in a year in which US President Ronald W. Reagan won a landslide reelection, Kulp was the underdog despite the otherwise favourable climate for liberal Democrats in Pennsylvania as a whole.[9] To her dismay, Hillbillies co-star Buddy Ebsen supported Shuster and even appeared in a radio commercial in which he called Kulp "too liberal". Ebsen claimed that Kulp was exploiting her celebrity status and did not have a grasp on the issues. Shuster defeated Kulp with sixty-seven percent of the vote.

Dead in 1991 from cancer.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 01:05:18 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2011, 01:02:34 AM »
P.S.  Don't ever underestimate my ability to take a thread off topic.  I can do it in my sleep.

Don't sweat it. It was a joke topic to begin with so anything goes as far as I'm concerned.

And...Green Acres was so damn good it was scary.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 01:24:47 AM by trapeze »

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2011, 06:42:38 AM »
...Leonard Nimoy was typecast as Spock in Star Trek, and some years ago he wrote an autobiography entitled "I Am Not Spock".  But I think he has more or less come to terms with it since then....

Yes. He's subsequently written another autobiography entitled "I am Spock", in which he rids himself of the previous need to shed the character, and fully embraces the positive aspects of a life spent being identified with a beloved icon.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 06:45:48 AM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson