Author Topic: Student Banned For Saying Homosexuality Is Wrong!  (Read 2165 times)

ttomm46

Student Banned For Saying Homosexuality Is Wrong!
« on: September 22, 2011, 01:43:29 PM »
FORT WORTH, Texas – A Fort Worth high school student was sent to the principal’s office earlier this week for telling another classmate he believes homosexuality is wrong.

Fourteen-year-old Dakota Ary spent most of the day Tuesday serving an in-school suspension. It was punishment for discussion in his German class at Fort Worth’s Western Hills High School. ::rockets:: ::doublebird::

http://weaselzippers.us/2011/09/22/texas-student-suspended-after-teacher-overhears-him-saying-he-believes-homosexuality-is-wrong/ 

Offline Janny

Re: Student Banned For Saying Homosexuality Is Wrong!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 02:02:05 PM »
This is exactly what I was talking about earlier on the "don't ask don't tell" thread.

They want to make homosexuals a protected minority and punish anyone who disagrees with them.  ::bashing::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 02:04:52 PM »
From the comments section:

#
melissatx [Moderator] 59 minutes ago
Pull your kids out of FWISD and send them to other schools or melt the phones with your thoughts, people.....commenting here is nott enought.  Your thoughts, your opinions, your morals are under fire.  Your right to free speech is under fire......you had better call now.  Flood the school with copies of the constitution.   Mail, them, take them, email them, leave them taped to the building.   YOU pay the taxes, YOU pay the salaries, YOU own the school board....YOU take charge.

mamatat [Moderator] 11 minutes ago in reply to melissatx
Please do take your kid out of school. Maybe mine can then receive a truthful public education, free of others' morals and full of factual information. Don't like it? Pull your kids out. You'll still have to pay taxes, however. You're only guaranteed a public education and a right to representation, not the right to skew facts in your favor. Even the new republicans on the state board of education saw that.

Melissa, can you show me what the US Constitution says about this? Also, you might be charged with defacing a public property if you tape them to the building. Just saying....don't like it? Run for office yourself. Pulling your "precious little chirrens" out of school will do nothing to lessen your taxes that rightfully fulfill the Constitutional obligation to ensure a free and appropriate public education to every child in our nation.

Read more on myFOXdfw.com: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/education/092111-student-suspended-for-saying-gay-is-wrong#disqus_thread#ixzz1Yi1KGCnl

Oh yah, that "mamatat" is a real Constitutional scholar alrighty.

What really drew my ire, though, harkens back to Elizabeth Warren's statist point of view, namely that no one ever gets rich or makes it alone in this country because, for one thing:

"You hired workers the rest of us paid to educate."

We're forced by government, at the point of a gun, to have money taken from us to collectively "educate the chirrun", told to appreciate this as good, and when it causes harm, have our forced support of this institution rubbed into our faces -- "haha!  you have no choice!  WE have decided!"

Today is definitely a "kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out" day.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 02:17:33 PM »
Please do take your kid out of school.

Man I wish more libs thought this way, then maybe they'd leave the homeschoolers alone and stop trying to cram their agendas down our throats.

Maybe mine can then receive a truthful public education, free of others' morals and full of factual information.

Bur obviously full of hers! LOL!

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 02:27:51 PM »
Until school choice becomes a real option for people all across the country, the indoctrination will continue. States and localities that are currently experimenting with vouchers, etc, are invaluable.

Didn't Ohio recently implement a statewide school choice plan?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 02:31:34 PM »
I don't know what Ohio's doing.  What I do know is the only "school choice" I'm willing to support at this point is, not vouchers, but the choice for people to educate their own children at their own expense.

Vouchers are only going to move the central-control, not get rid of it.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 02:36:37 PM »
the choice for people to educate their own children at their own expense.

...then we'll see how many people really care for the children!
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 02:42:37 PM »
the choice for people to educate their own children at their own expense.

...then we'll see how many people really care for the children!

And how they do so.

It is extremely galling to me to know this egregiousness is being imposed on children all over the country funded, in part, by my confiscated tax dollars -- and then to be taunted with this fact is  ::gaah::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 02:48:03 PM »
Yes, parents need to start opting out of the entire system by droves...only when they're reason for being is threatened with extinction will necssary reforms (banning public sector unionization of the education system first and foremost as well as ending automatic tenue and going to performance based employment like everywhere else!) be allowed to succeed.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 02:53:19 PM »
That's the purpose of vouchers, isn't it? To free a taxpayer from the burden of paying for public education, and redirecting those funds to the school of their choice?

I spose that doesn't acct for taxes confiscated from people without children, but it at least greatly loosens the grip of gubmint schools on taxpayers in regard to where kids attend school.

I'll take vouchers if the opportunity presents itself.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 03:03:15 PM »
That's the purpose of vouchers, isn't it? To free a taxpayer from the burden of paying for public education, and redirecting those funds to the school of their choice?

I spose that doesn't acct for taxes confiscated from people without children, but it at least greatly loosens the grip of gubmint schools on taxpayers in regard to where kids attend school.

I'll take vouchers if the opportunity presents itself.

It doesn't account for people whose children are now adults, nor homeschoolers, either.

While vouchers may loosen gummint's grip on where the kids go to school, it doesn't lessen its grip on the schools.  The "controlling authority" will engulf private schools then, too.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2011, 03:12:01 PM »
Vouchers will just be a way for the government to dictate the curricula and policies of erstwhile private schools. That's the government's favorite "hook" into everything -- it takes your money from you, then doles it back out in fractions, but those fractions come with every imaginable string attached. Look at the university system. Any institution that participates in the student loan program must toe the Department of misEducation's line, and it is not a coincidence that part of O's agenda was making the government the sole source of education loans. Vouchers would work the same way.

At this point there is no reforming the system. People stood by for generations and allowed the Left to take control of all our institutions. This is what we reap from those seeds planted long ago.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 03:18:19 PM »
At this point there is no reforming the system.

I just don't see it either.

Too much invested in the system.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2011, 04:07:28 PM »
Neither does Fred Reed:

It is literally true that the better is suspect. If you correct a high-school teacher's grammar, she will accuse you of stultifying creativity, of racism, of insensitiviy. If you reply that had you wanted your children brought up as baboons, you would have bought baboons in the first place, she will be offended.

Home-schooling, it seems to me, becomes a towering social responsibility. I have actually seen a teacher saying that parents should not let children learn to read before they reach school. You see, it would put them out of synch with the mammalian larvae that children are now made to be. Bright children not only face enstupiation and hideous boredom in schools taught by complacent imbeciles. No. They are also encouraged to believe that stupidity is a moral imperative.

Once they begin reading a few years ahead of their grade, which commonly is at once, school becomes an obstacle to advancement. This is especially true for the very bright. To putt a kid with an IQ of 150 in the same room with a barely literate affirmative-action hire clocking 85 is child abuse.

Essential, even crucial, to the preservation of civilization in the deepening gloom is a grim, intransigent determination not to apologize. You cannot cleanse the schools of teachers who barely speak English. The country is too far gone. But you needn't be cowed into regarding cretins as other than cretins. In front of your kids especially, don't be cowed. If your child in the second grade is readfing at the level of the sixth grade, she (I have daughters, which clouds my mind) she is superior. It is not that “she tests well,” with the subtle implication that testing well is some sort of trick, having nothing to do with intelligence, which doesn't exist. She is smart, literate,

superior (oh, forbidden word).

She will have figured out the “smart” part anyway. You need only to let her know that smart is a good thing.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2011, 04:23:54 PM »
My family moved one October years ago when my brother was in the 7th grade.  He'd never taken French before but signed up for it because there wasn't anything else available for his schedule.  There was an exam scheduled for 2 weeks after he joined the class covering 8 weeks of material. He booked it through the material every night until he got it.  He took the test (was given no choice).  He aced it.  The teacher IN CLASS accused him of cheating.  My mother hauled down to the principle's office the next day.  The teacher tried to argue that was the only logical conclusion and turned on my mom asking what should she'd done.  My mom suggested she could have waited to the next test or watched what he did in class before assuming that no one can be that smart.

Incidently, he wasn't allowed to join the advanced math class because the priniple wouldn't approve it since he was a transfer from another state.  The teacher was sympathic to his boredom and often had him make up the exams for the class. 

No matter my brother has had the last laugh.  He's worked for two of the biggest computer companies in the US and owes stock in both.