Author Topic: 183K jobs, 230K bureaucrats @ $21B, raise NatGas $50B, kill 8% energy output  (Read 1299 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Remember when Hussein Obama said his energy policy would cause energy prices to "necessarily skyrocket"?

Barack Obama Admits: Energy Prices Will Skyrocket Under Cap And Trade

Well he couldn't get a legislative mandate, so he's just going to do what any power-hungry king would do, and issue an edict. His EPA is about to do just that, outside the authority of legislative action - arbitrarily - by regulatory fiat. There are a few different links here to different facets of this story. All linked to TheGatewayPundit...

A cascade of new regulations set to go into effect beginning January 1st will kill 183,000 private sector jobs, create 230,000 bureaucratic government jobs at a cost of $21,000,000,000 / year - just to police the regulatory regime, raise the cost of natural gas to the consumer by $50,000,000,000, reduce the disposable income of the average family by $270 / year, and kill 8% of the nation's energy output in a time when many states exceed capacity during intensely hot or cold periods.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 08:03:00 AM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
These new regulatory efforts are not likely to succeed, the EPA admits, but it has decided to move forward regardless. “While EPA acknowledges that come 2016, the administrative burdens may still be so great that compliance … may still be absurd or impossible to administer at that time, that does not mean that the Agency is not moving toward the statutory thresholds,” the EPA wrote in a September 16 court briefing.

That ^^ is what just kills me.  They already know it can't, as in IMPOSSIBLE, be done, yet they're going right ahead anyway.  UNsanity.

But!  There will be 230,000 new bureaucrats, so maybe that's the definition of "success" by their standards.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Tyranny, thy name is Obama!

::doublebird::  tyranny!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

These new regulatory efforts are not likely to succeed, the EPA admits, but it has decided to move forward regardless. “While EPA acknowledges that come 2016, the administrative burdens may still be so great that compliance … may still be absurd or impossible to administer at that time, that does not mean that the Agency is not moving toward the statutory thresholds,” the EPA wrote in a September 16 court briefing.

That ^^ is what just kills me.  They already know it can't, as in IMPOSSIBLE, be done, yet they're going right ahead anyway.  UNsanity.

But!  There will be 230,000 new bureaucrats, so maybe that's the definition of "success" by their standards.

They will first see how much blood they can squeeze out of the turnip.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
I know more than one person who's died in an auto accident.  When leftist garbage make up an equivalent number who has supposedly died by cooties from a power plant, I have to ask myself, who?  Name one person who has died because of our modern power supply.  I don't know any.

I could name 10,000+ who die from lack of a power supply, when a heat wave strikes.  For some reason they all have French names...

charlesoakwood

... wasn't there a heat wave in Chi-town that killed a bunch of old folks?  Wasn't his Princeliness involved?

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
This country is stuck on stupid. The very people who cannot afford his policies are gonna vote for him again. Jan 1st's regulations will create another wave of followers who will buy into the class envy obama is spreading.....and the closer to election time, the worse it will get.

Destroying our country to create a vote(r). He can't be gone quickly enough......and our job, if we vote him out, unfortunately will just be beginning. We, the people, must push, prod and yank whoever the Prez is to remove all this crap. Our task will be mountainous. We better be up to the challenge.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
This country is stuck on stupid. The very people who cannot afford his policies are gonna vote for him again. Jan 1st's regulations will create another wave of followers who will buy into the class envy obama is spreading.....and the closer to election time, the worse it will get.

Destroying our country to create a vote(r). He can't be gone quickly enough......and our job, if we vote him out, unfortunately will just be beginning. We, the people, must push, prod and yank whoever the Prez is to remove all this crap. Our task will be mountainous. We better be up to the challenge.

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.