Author Topic: Wyoming Governor Signs Constitutional Carry Legislation  (Read 2212 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Wyoming Governor Signs Constitutional Carry Legislation
« on: March 04, 2011, 03:16:25 PM »
I can't say that this surprises me, but it certainly pleases me. The only surprise I s'pose is that a free and open range state like Wyoming didn't have this law in place much sooner than now.

Wyoming governor signs concealed gun bill

CHEYENNE — Wyoming on Wednesday became the fourth state to allow citizens to carry concealed guns without a permit, with Gov. Matt Mead signing a bill into law as several other states considered similar action.

The law allows state citizens legally entitled to own guns to carry them concealed starting in July. The guns still wouldn’t be allowed in schools, bars and government buildings.

“We have heard from both sides on this, this bill has attracted a lot of attention,” Mead said at a signing ceremony at the State Capitol. “But as written, I thought it was an appropriate bill for Wyoming, and an appropriate law for Wyoming.”

Similar bills are pending in states including Colorado, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Utah. A bill has been introduced in Kentucky but hasn’t advanced while another was introduced for discussion in Idaho.

Alaska, Arizona and Vermont already don’t require permits to carry concealed guns....

More at the LINK.....
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Wyoming Governor Signs Constitutional Carry Legislation
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 03:20:18 PM »
 ::whoohoo::

The "schools, bars and government buildings" restrictions bother me, but we'll get there, one step at a time.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 08:37:53 PM »
 ::newyear:: ::cool:: ::rolllaughing::

Libs suck!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 12:05:29 PM »
More please!

::whoohoo::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 02:03:21 PM »

Where are Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and gorgeous Georgia?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 06:09:30 PM »

Where are Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and gorgeous Georgia?

Our work is never done!

;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.