Author Topic: “Designated Survivor”  (Read 3126 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
“Designated Survivor”
« on: September 22, 2016, 06:29:28 PM »
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-22/disney-survivor-sherwood-battles-ratings-decline-at-abc-network

How much you want to bet they pin it on a bunch of white boys on the Alt-Right?

Any takers?

Hello?

Yeah, that's Hollywood...especially Hollywood in a POTUS election year...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: “Designated Survivor”
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 10:27:20 PM »
I watched.  Not bad.  And .... I'm waiting to see what happens.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 10:59:26 PM »
Should the premise of this show be classified as political thriller, or is it more a case of wish fulfillment?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 01:46:25 AM »
Yes.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 06:55:13 AM »
I concur.

Offline sfetter

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 07:56:21 AM »
I like some here have been watching this from the beginning.  I am seeing a couple of trends that i do not think are coincidence.  1st of course is the furthering if the agenda with the muslims and then I believe that with the Michigan thing, they are trying to show the American people that any type of resistance is futile even at the state level.

Truth be told - I believe the gov is behind this show coming out at this particular time.  Where the gov is concerned I don't believe in coincidence.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 08:00:22 AM »
Well, Soros has Pol's on his ass, Pol's have crony's and the media & Hollyweird on their asses, and they all have brain-dead drones on their ass...so...

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 09:28:53 AM »
I like some here have been watching this from the beginning.  I am seeing a couple of trends that i do not think are coincidence.  1st of course is the furthering if the agenda with the muslims and then I believe that with the Michigan thing, they are trying to show the American people that any type of resistance is futile even at the state level.

Truth be told - I believe the gov is behind this show coming out at this particular time.  Where the gov is concerned I don't believe in coincidence.

The entertainment industry doesn't need direction from the government  - they produce propaganda because their  execs want the writers  to write that, and most of the writers want to anyway.  They ave been deliberately forgoing profits to engage in social engineering for years, because you see, that makes them important and their jobs meaningful   so they don't need to come to terms with being at a fundamental level,  clowns who entertain for money. They will educate fly-over country and show them that not all Muslims are bad, and that right wingers are the ones who act like Nazis, because that is the truth in thier world and you are the moron - or even evil - for not believing it.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 06:12:35 PM »
" viewer losses even at seemingly bullet-proof networks such as the sports channel ESPN."

Why would you think a network full of crying, beta male, over the hill jocks would be "bullet-proof"?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2016, 06:38:37 PM »
I don't think that word means what they think it means...

::hysterical::

Fun to test though...

:D

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2016, 10:34:19 PM »
I watched episode four......I'm out.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2016, 07:06:56 AM »
It has gotten more disappointing ever since the explosive opener...I guess you could say they shot their wad and the fun is over.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2016, 07:35:35 AM »
I missed the second episode, read the reviews and decided to miss the rest.  I stopped watching NCIS Los Angeles because every time a 'slim was crime-involved, it turned out he was either an innocent dupe or was trying to stop the shenanigans of a White criminal.

Feh.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2016, 09:34:44 AM »
For all their pretense about being such geniuses, the Cloud People in media and entertainment really aren't that bright.  If they were, they'd know you can't make everything so predictably formulaic and promoting all the liberals' favorite conceits.  You have to seed in enough contrary material to maintain some semblance of legitimacy. But they don't. You can predict every plot, as described earlier in the thread.

Auto-deligitmization, dumbasses.  Keep it coming.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2016, 10:07:28 AM »
I watched episode four......I'm out.

I'm not watching.  Why are you out?

Offline sfetter

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2016, 12:19:04 PM »
I am still watching.  So Far, nothing has made me want to quit yet.  Seems most of the characters are pretty well cast.  Relating to current affairs,  Trump says he will drain the swamp.  I like the phrase. Pretty accurate description. This type of event would be a good start to that end.