Author Topic: Walking Dead  (Read 33738 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Walking Dead
« Reply #220 on: October 20, 2014, 11:33:54 PM »
Yeah I don't think that's the last of the Terminus people.  It appeared that Gareth got hit with gun fire, but it wasn't clear how serious it was.

Told ya!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #221 on: October 21, 2014, 12:06:06 AM »
Yeah I don't think that's the last of the Terminus people.  It appeared that Gareth got hit with gun fire, but it wasn't clear how serious it was.

Told ya!

Okay, fine; you were right!  Happy now?

Seriously, Rick and co. should have gone back and killed 'em.  Remember that internet tale, "One Second After"?  Soon as the leader realized he had cannibals at his gate, he shot them on the spot.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #222 on: October 21, 2014, 10:05:21 AM »

Told ya!

Seriously, Rick and co. should have gone back and killed 'em.  Remember that internet tale, "One Second After"?  Soon as the leader realized he had cannibals at his gate, he shot them on the spot.

That was what I was sayin!!
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #223 on: October 21, 2014, 11:13:41 AM »
Maybe they'll rescue Bob and he can be the new Hershel. Opposite leg, IIRC, but still.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #224 on: October 21, 2014, 11:33:03 AM »

Told ya!

That was what I was sayin!!

I think that (i.e. the consequences of not killing bad people, from a misplaced sense of mercy or because "it don't have to be like that") is going to be a recurring theme this season.

The group deciding not to mop up Terminus, Tyreese not killing the guy who was threatening the baby, and they also hint at it with Carl disagreeing with Rick's suspicion of Gabriel.

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #225 on: October 21, 2014, 12:04:37 PM »
Heck, The Walking Dead isn't as much about zombies anymore....
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #226 on: October 21, 2014, 07:05:55 PM »
Yes Gareth. Much too soon.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #227 on: October 22, 2014, 06:33:30 AM »
I lost track somewhere in Season 4...I guess it kinda just got boring to me...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #228 on: October 22, 2014, 07:22:27 AM »
I lost track somewhere in Season 4...I guess it kinda just got boring to me...

Ya know, I was a bit down on it midway through season 4 as well, but I stuck with it, and everything I thought was boring earlier in the season turned out making a whole lot of sense in the last few episodes of the season. So far these first two episodes of #5 have been pretty good.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #229 on: October 22, 2014, 12:33:52 PM »
Yeah the last several episodes of Season 4 were very good.  You should pick back up with it Libertas.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #230 on: October 22, 2014, 01:59:15 PM »
There's always On Demand to catch up with...when I have a free weekend I'll give it a whack...

First I have to remember exactly where I left off...somewhere after that first fracass with the Governor...lull before the next square off or something...

Dang CRS!   ::bashing::

I guess I'll have to just start pulling episodes down and if they're familiar skip to the next one etc until something looks new...

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #231 on: October 22, 2014, 02:14:27 PM »
There's always On Demand to catch up with...when I have a free weekend I'll give it a whack...

First I have to remember exactly where I left off...somewhere after that first fracass with the Governor...lull before the next square off or something...

Dang CRS!   ::bashing::

I guess I'll have to just start pulling episodes down and if they're familiar skip to the next one etc until something looks new...

If Beth and Daryl; Carol, Tyreese, and the girls; Carl & chocolate pudding; or "Claimed" don't ring a bell, you should just rewatch season 4.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #232 on: November 10, 2014, 12:13:42 AM »
So.  Is Eugene dead?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #233 on: November 10, 2014, 12:38:36 AM »
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #234 on: November 12, 2014, 02:33:58 PM »
The mullet may not make it, though.

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #235 on: February 23, 2015, 08:54:18 AM »
I don't know which would be worse.....

1) Bitten and turned into a walker
2) gang raped by the walking gays.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #236 on: February 23, 2015, 09:19:04 AM »
This was Gunsmith, sitting on the loveseat, "Don't let 'em be gay, don't let 'em be gay, don't let -- Arrrgggghhhh!"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #237 on: February 23, 2015, 09:34:53 AM »
Sitting here wondering if a gay walker would want to bite you or.....

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #238 on: February 23, 2015, 10:07:00 AM »
Neil Patrick Harris showed up?

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #239 on: February 23, 2015, 11:54:57 AM »
Neil Patrick Harris showed up?

it could have been....they all talk alike.