Author Topic: Walking Dead  (Read 33740 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Walking Dead
« Reply #240 on: February 23, 2015, 11:56:12 AM »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #241 on: February 23, 2015, 12:30:27 PM »
I don't read the "graphic novels" (cuz I'm not into comic books), but I read enough online stuff to have known in advance that the Aaron character in the books is a faggot. So I was prepared.

So much faggotry in entertainment. If entertainment reflects reality, then 50% of the population must be LGBTQQXYZ. Of course we know this isn't true, which reveals the propaganda.

Desensitization. It's a tactic of the Left.

ETA: Still like the show though. I think they're about to really change things up. I'm getting the sense that the group's days on the road roaming without a home are about to come to an end. I just don't see another "Woodbury" situation - an apparent safe-haven with a malevolent secret. That would be so predictable and boring.

I'm betting that Alexandria proves to be a functioning community with infrastructure, and the story becomes about how this group struggles to adapt.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 01:21:18 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #242 on: February 23, 2015, 03:00:57 PM »
I don't read the "graphic novels" (cuz I'm not into comic books), but I read enough online stuff to have known in advance that the Aaron character in the books is a faggot. So I was prepared.

So much faggotry in entertainment. If entertainment reflects reality, then 50% of the population must be LGBTQQXYZ. Of course we know this isn't true, which reveals the propaganda.

Desensitization. It's a tactic of the Left.

ETA: Still like the show though. I think they're about to really change things up. I'm getting the sense that the group's days on the road roaming without a home are about to come to an end. I just don't see another "Woodbury" situation - an apparent safe-haven with a malevolent secret. That would be so predictable and boring.

I'm betting that Alexandria proves to be a functioning community with infrastructure, and the story becomes about how this group struggles to adapt.

My guess is that Arron and Eric want to adopt and Ricks little girl is the target.  Hilarity and death of the gayz ensues.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Anybody Catching Walking Dead Spinoff?
« Reply #243 on: August 31, 2015, 12:31:11 AM »
So far the first two episodes of the prequel "Fear The Walking Dead" have been excellent. The setting is Los Angeles, in the initial days of the zombie outbreak when nobody has a clue what is going on. The drama unfolds from the perspective of a broken and blended family.

The gore factor so far is WAY down. Violence is mostly suggested and not shown on screen. The tension factor is WAY up. We all know what is going on, but somehow, the writers are able to create a sense of impending doom and suspense that had me riveted from the first 15 minutes.

The first two episodes are dealing with the rapidity of collapse once SHTF and the breakdown of order begins to cascade. In the beginning, reports of strange occurrences begin to trickle in. As things begin to escalate, some people are in the thick of it, while others are completely oblivious. The number of oblivious shrinks rapidly as events spin out of anyone's control.

Definitely recommend it.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #244 on: August 31, 2015, 07:31:00 AM »
Might have to check it out...the other offerings seem to be having a hard time keeping a good story line together.  They had the series finale of Falling Skies last night, seriously, after the moon episode it seemed to be searching for an ending and the end that came seemed too easy and too anti-climatic.  Starting to wonder if I should bother watching anything!

Well, until GOT comes back...

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Anybody Catching Walking Dead Spinoff?
« Reply #245 on: August 31, 2015, 01:44:13 PM »
So far the first two episodes of the prequel "Fear The Walking Dead" have been excellent. The setting is Los Angeles, in the initial days of the zombie outbreak when nobody has a clue what is going on. The drama unfolds from the perspective of a broken and blended family.

The gore factor so far is WAY down. Violence is mostly suggested and not shown on screen. The tension factor is WAY up. We all know what is going on, but somehow, the writers are able to create a sense of impending doom and suspense that had me riveted from the first 15 minutes.

The first two episodes are dealing with the rapidity of collapse once SHTF and the breakdown of order begins to cascade. In the beginning, reports of strange occurrences begin to trickle in. As things begin to escalate, some people are in the thick of it, while others are completely oblivious. The number of oblivious shrinks rapidly as events spin out of anyone's control.

Definitely recommend it.

Have to admit if my drugged out son ran in and said he saw someone being eaten.....
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #246 on: September 05, 2015, 11:58:25 AM »
I tried watching the first episode, but hit my quota of forcefed diversity within about 15 minutes.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #247 on: September 05, 2015, 10:16:22 PM »
Well, that's definitely a buzz-kill.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #248 on: September 06, 2015, 11:29:06 AM »
I tried watching the first episode, but hit my quota of forcefed diversity within about 15 minutes.

Nothing more egregious than the original though... Black boyfriend, olive-skinned leading man...

One interesting thing I saw in episode 2 that I've seen commented on elsewhere is the mob scene that leads to the beginning of civil breakdown... Nobody knows what's going on when the zombies first begin attacking people. Cops are called to the scene of an attack, and subsequently witnesses and video capture the cops shooting it. The crowd freaks out that the cops "shot an unarmed man" - an obvious and direct analogy for what has been going on in reality. But WE know, as viewers, that the cops were absolutely right, and the shooting was justified. The "zombie lives matter" crowd rises up and begins destroying the city on a wave of false narrative, just like real life.

I found that a refreshing reveal into the perspective of the writers. Even though they're obvious Lefties, they were willing to go there and take a steaming crap on the BLM "movement".

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #251 on: September 08, 2015, 11:20:32 AM »
If you drop your lightsaber around this chap...don't bend over to pick it up!   ::speechless::

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #252 on: September 15, 2015, 10:38:15 AM »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #254 on: October 26, 2015, 12:31:53 AM »
Aaauuuuugghhhhh!  They killed off Glen!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #255 on: October 26, 2015, 07:15:31 AM »
Taking a cue from GOT?

It's all about turnover...

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #256 on: November 18, 2015, 01:19:54 PM »
Much, much buzz that Glenn is alive, backed up with clues such as seeing Steven Yeun on set in costume, and the fact that he didn't make the traditional exit visit to the "Talking Dead" couch after the episode.

It was the other guy getting torn up by the zombies. Glenn squeaked out somehow.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #257 on: November 18, 2015, 03:15:04 PM »
He's alive!!!! He's alive!!!
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #258 on: October 20, 2016, 07:35:54 PM »
Saw this on FB & am grateful (I've not watched an episode of this...but now I'm caught up  ;) )

! No longer available
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #259 on: October 20, 2016, 09:29:23 PM »
Boy, I wish I would have watched that video instead  of letting the wife watch it in real time
I didn't see every episode. I heard a good deal of them from the other room and well,  I think there is a drinking game there

Rules:

1)  Leader of a group is Revealed through actions to be Crazy or Sociopath and yet still commands a trusting and  loyal following- Drink
2)  if a "safe" Perimeter is breached - Drink.  If the Breach could have been prevented by any sort of common sense  proactive measure ( a watch, a patrol, removing crumbling building, building/repairing  a wall, clearing the around the defensive structure of cover,  maintaining  clear lines of sight, using those neat little zombie traps that need to be cleared, etc  )  - Drink Twice
3) Casually Killing Zombies in the middle of a conversation because the audience needed to be reminded this is a show about zombies. Drink once for every zombie killed
4)  Vehicle breaks down - Drink
5) A small group separates allowing someone to be kidnapped  - drink . If they were separated because they were arguing- Drink Twice
6) Someone in a current romance gets killed, scream "Good! I hate mushy stuff!" and then a full chug .
7) Every time they manage scavenge something they need - drink
8) Every time another human decides to risk death to take others unidentified "stuff" rather than just look for their own because scavenging- even in the 6th season - still yields results - Drink
9) Killing a Zombie through a fence - drink
10) Killing a zombie buy stabling through the skull bone with a knife , yell " I love my Ginsu!"  and drink
11) Pampered Suburbanite who doesn't know how to fight gets killed - Yell "Take that Red Shirt!" and drink
12) Virtue signalling about how awful it is to have to kill all of the time - Drink.

Please feel free to add your own!

Seriously,  I am watching this show and think - if only we had it this good come SHTF. They have so many resources and so few people to fight over them.  Secure a decent water supply.  Establish a Perimeter and start building a barrier. Grab a crane and heavy equipment and do it right.  Pour  actual concrete. Log a forest.  Clear sight lines. Use stacked vehicles ( emptied of fuel or fuel tanks removed)  - or cargo containers.  build the perimeter out of rubble - out of earth.  Build zombie traps - Pits, steaks, etc . . Systematically gather/scavenge  all food, weapons and  fuel that can be found in your area,  and start FARMING as soon as possible.  Scavenge Solar panels for power.  Find Radio units, and mobile walkie talkies. Send out patrols so you can find people encroaching into your area, and kill any zombies they come across.   Establish an impartial  justice system - separate from leadership - early, helping to avoid conflict within the group

Set up a system for recruiting new members ( once you have a safe space, everyone wants to join, and not they don't try to just rip you off, because if they don't they can continue to enjoy the security numbers bring- Guess the Saviors figured that out, huh? )   Don't try to subjugate people. Avoid conflict- Conflict is costly. Recruit pilots and mechanics who earn their keep scouting, maintaining vehicles.  Find the local armory or military installation ( how is it  the military lost against Zombies who can hardly walk again?)  and get armored vehicles, tanks   helicopters, field communications systems etc, tactical armor  and all weapons and ammo.  SAMs especially.  The Ability to control Airspace will become crucial Don't want to build all of this and have some yahoo with abomber cuase you problems.  Bring it back by the Semi load.
  Everyone is trained to do something. It its laundry or cooking, that's fine.  Set up Schools for adults and children.   If anyone from the compound is attacked, for within or without,  deal with the attackers harshly, hunting down and having a trial for  anyone who escapes.  One of the main reasons that stupid little island off of Europe became a world power is because anyone could have a reasonable expectation of being treated fairly  in an English court- this in turn made them a preferred trading location.  Start making fuel and ammo as soon as possible. Start blacksmithing and metal smelting/macineing as soon as possible.

If your group is over 60 members, introduce money in some form. Gold and Silver if available.  If not tie a chit to something of value - ammo perhaps. Or even scavenged candy   Begin to organize social events.  A dance, Music and singing, a special meal of rarer food stuffs ( Twinkies!) .  Something that gives those ( not on duty) something to look forward to.  Start awarding rank and do it for all professions ( cooks, you name it) . The group is getting large enough you simply have to start actively delegating tasks and  building a promoting a culture to foster  social cohesion

If your local group gets to be 300 +  explore a new area  and set up a second base just like you did the first. Keeping open lines of communication, and perhaps establishing security along multiple roads between them.. If there are small group of people in that area,  recruit them. If they are already making out fine, offer to establish a mutual aid alliance and move on to a less populated area. Freely Teach others  what you have learned .  If food is plentiful, bring a gift of food and overwhelming force ( if possible)   Leaving a gift,  when you could take something easily establishes trust and superiority. .  In the real deal - due to groups like the one I describe, scavenging would be impossible as all of the old resources would quickly be gathered and come under under someone's control , and trade would be far preferred by outsiders  to murder and theft , since you are organized, well defended and have superior weaponry, communications and reconnaissance.  Set up a system by which larger groups can petition to join into your group/establish their own colony.

The point is that this the stuff I would rather have seen in this show,  rather than this stupid meandering about and never accomplishing anything permanent crap.  There would still be plenty of opportunity for conflict , the dangers of obtaining resources at first, the cost of learning, and then as you move out, dealing with those larger groups, and having to share power as the group got bigger. There is all sort of story that COULD be told here. But NO.  Its hollywood, and any leaders who do have such enclaves are far more interested in protecting their people from the outside - trust your leaders! Remain Sheep! , and not growing their power base (except for the Saviors, who while developing a power base, use it to try and take from others. -- this uselessly creates cost and resistance, and while there will be such groups, they would quickly be outnumbered and destroyed  by a group who was actually creating for themselves as well as growing.)
[/rant]