Author Topic: Michelle Obama: ‘That's Why We Start With Kids, Right?  (Read 1661 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Michelle Obama: ‘That's Why We Start With Kids, Right?
« on: October 20, 2011, 01:30:47 PM »
First Lady Michelle Obama said yesterday that the government can affect who kids “will be forever” if it can shape their "habits and preferences" during the large part of the day they are at school.

Any parent who doesn't hear that and feel their BP shoot upward needs a beatin'.

She's outright telling folks what they're up to -- AND IT'S NOT JUST DIETARY TRAINING.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Michelle Obama: ‘That's Why We Start With Kids, Right?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 01:57:17 PM »
Putting the utter outrage of government co-opting of a family's responsibility for one moment - there is this little matter of fact: she's dead-wrong. Does she really think that schools serving vegetables, fruit, fiber, and lean protein is going to alter the taste preferences of children? Really? So the time-honored reality of a kid's taste for cookies, candy, ice cream, chips, and other snacks is just going to evaporate because they serve veggies at school?

What a prime example of the vapid substitute for reason that is Leftism.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 02:09:24 PM »
Putting the utter outrage of government co-opting of a family's responsibility for one moment - there is this little matter of fact: she's dead-wrong. Does she really think that schools serving vegetables, fruit, fiber, and lean protein is going to alter the taste preferences of children? Really? So the time-honored reality of a kid's taste for cookies, candy, ice cream, chips, and other snacks is just going to evaporate because they serve veggies at school?

It's the utter outrage of the former of your statement that concerns me; the dietary indoctrination is intended to instill guilt, if not better eating habits and I don't like that any better.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 02:33:48 PM »

Give us the child for 8 years and it will be a Bolshevik forever.

Vladimir Lenin

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 03:00:31 PM »

It's the utter outrage of the former of your statement that concerns me; the dietary indoctrination is intended to instill guilt, if not better eating habits and I don't like that any better.

Oh I agree, don't get me wrong. That's why my comment assumed the outrage as a given. I commented on the wrongheadedness of her assumptions because that is the part of it that will be largely brushed aside in the ensuing conservative outrage/liberal agreement over the state's role in such matters. People will argue over whether the state has any business inserting itself in this manner, and not question the presumptive justification for her position, which is utterly wrong.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 03:08:33 PM »
No worries.  Kids will still eat junk if the schools' success with math, science, reading scores and DARE are any indication.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 03:13:52 PM »
No worries.  Kids will still eat junk if the schools' success with math, science, reading scores and DARE are any indication.

Comment of the Day.  ::thumbsup::  ::bows::

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 04:25:43 PM »

Give us the child for 8 years and it will be a Bolshevik forever.

Vladimir Lenin
That is what I was thinking.
And how the rest of the country can not see it boggles the mind. ::USA:: ::thinking::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow