Author Topic: More states limit Medicaid stays  (Read 1035 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
More states limit Medicaid stays
« on: October 24, 2011, 06:19:11 PM »
Government healthcare.......coming to a city near you soon........... ::rockets::

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/story/2011-10-23/states-limit-medicaid-hospital-stays/50886398/1

A growing number of states are sharply limiting hospital stays under Medicaid to as few as 10 days a year to control rising costs of the health insurance program for the poor and disabled.

By Joey Ivansco, AP
Dr. Gary C. Richter, M.D., talks with Medicaid patient Johnnie Mae McClendon about a procedure in his office in Atlanta, Ga.
EnlargeCloseBy Joey Ivansco, AP
Dr. Gary C. Richter, M.D., talks with Medicaid patient Johnnie Mae McClendon about a procedure in his office in Atlanta, Ga.
Advocates for the needy and hospital executives say the moves will restrict access to care, force hospitals to absorb more costs and lead to higher charges for privately insured patients.

States defend the actions as a way to balance budgets hammered by the economic downturn and the end of billions of dollars in federal stimulus funds this summer that had helped prop up Medicaid, financed jointly by states and the federal government.

More at the link.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 09:25:30 PM by IronDioPriest »
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: More states limit Medicaid stays
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 06:24:15 PM »
Er ... the piece discusses Medicaid, not Medicare.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 09:25:43 PM by IronDioPriest »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 08:51:24 PM »

Crap. My bad. ::bashing::
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 09:25:54 PM by IronDioPriest »
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 09:07:00 PM »
I hate it when that happens.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 09:26:08 PM by IronDioPriest »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 09:15:44 PM »

No problem, just address the error in your title.  You can do so by clicking on "modify" in your original post.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 09:26:19 PM by IronDioPriest »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 09:25:15 PM »

No problem, just address the error in your title.  You can do so by clicking on "modify" in your original post.
I'll take care of it, no worries. sh*t happens.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 09:30:05 PM »
They're just gonna erode and destroy the health care industry until people have no choice.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson