Author Topic: ChiCom ground sat in Aus tracks US and AUS ships ...  (Read 56948 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: ChiCom ground sat in Aus tracks US and AUS ships ...
« Reply #140 on: April 24, 2013, 06:32:33 PM »

Good thoughts all.  I'll stand by my observation; "Whatever he's thinking he's in over his head".   

And has been since the begining.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #141 on: April 24, 2013, 07:15:42 PM »

Good thoughts all.  I'll stand by my observation; "Whatever he's thinking he's in over his head".   

::rimshot::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #142 on: April 24, 2013, 08:17:26 PM »

::rimshot::

::thumbsup::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #143 on: April 24, 2013, 08:37:58 PM »
BlackFive would have us concerned that if names mattered perhaps we need a tougher sounding guy leading the troops against the Chi-Com's...whatever faith is in merely names, meh, but the humor is good!

"Marty, we need a CoJCS with a stronger first name if we are up against a 'Fang' "
http://www.blackfive.net/

Heh!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #144 on: May 07, 2013, 07:05:56 AM »
Well, this is something, when the Regime admits through its primary MFM organ that China is behind recent cyber attacks, I wonder if the rest of us should be concerned?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/07/world/asia/us-accuses-chinas-military-in-cyberattacks.html?partner=MYWAY&ei=5065&_r=1&

Of course this Regime being concerned and doing anything constructive about it is a whole new discussion!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #145 on: May 07, 2013, 09:48:17 AM »

Subtext, we need the gov to protect the internet.  Isn't there currently a bill they are trying to pass?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #146 on: May 07, 2013, 11:19:51 AM »
SkyNet never sleeps...I think CISPA was the latest failure...hopefully more failure awaits them! 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #147 on: May 09, 2013, 10:36:17 AM »
Interesting how fear of Chi-Com intentions could benefit the US...India and to a lesser extent Australia (who was nominally on board with the US) -

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htlead/articles/20130509.aspx

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htsurf/articles/20130509.aspx

Just think of the possibilites had we competent leadership unaffraid of offending muzzie nations like Pakistan...India would be a much better ally in the region than any number of 'Stan's!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #148 on: May 09, 2013, 05:47:29 PM »

Guess the Indians just aren't anti-colonial enough anymore.  Or is it, no, I wasn't going to say religion I was going to say it's the State Dept.

"The U.S. defense budget is declining and so is the size of the American fleet."

In WWII the USA had 30 admirals today it has more admirals than ships.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #149 on: May 10, 2013, 07:44:36 AM »

Guess the Indians just aren't anti-colonial enough anymore.  Or is it, no, I wasn't going to say religion I was going to say it's the State Dept.

"The U.S. defense budget is declining and so is the size of the American fleet."

In WWII the USA had 30 admirals today it has more admirals than ships.

What could go wrong?

(Or has it already...?)   ::saywhat::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #150 on: May 13, 2013, 11:22:01 PM »

It's getting whackier, now one of two who should be allies hauled off and killed a fisherman.  (was he using a spinner, not a caster?)

Taiwan May Send Warships, F-16s To Escalate Philippine Naval Confrontation

While most consider the Middle-East a hot-bed of geopolitical risk (prone to flare at any moment), it seems hot money flows and territorial disputes are rapidly turning the South China Sea into a powder-keg. As Japan vs China is off the front pages for a moment (and US and South Korea engage in joint naval exercises) it seems Taiwan and the Philippines are escalating rapidly following the death of a Taiwanese fisherman last week after Filipino military fired on his vessel in supposedly disputed territory between Taipei and Manila. The situation is evolving rapidly as the Philippines' un-apology (though they sent their condolences) may prompt Taiwan to send F-16 fighters, Kidd-class destroyers, and three or more warships, according to The Liberty Times. The threat of escalation is premised on a formal apology coming within 72 hours. As Stratfor notes, Taiwan's territorial 'claims' are "outrageously ambitious" but the various island nations all appear set on rattling sabres as mainland China stiffens its resolve against Japan over the Senkakus. Given the movements of the Navy (below), it would seem the US is well aware of where tensions are starting to rise... Read it all

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #151 on: May 14, 2013, 07:10:23 AM »
Typical ZH panic-mongering, stick to economic issues Tylers, the moonbat reactionary nerve in foreign and military events gets annoying after a while, USN has been keeping guard in Asian-Pacific waters for the better part of a century, no need to get panties in a wad! 

::)

This will blow over, the main event is still the Chi-Com threat, don't take your eye off the ball!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #152 on: July 17, 2013, 08:06:21 AM »
Recognizing the need to target slow & low ChiCom anti-ship missiles...and some unsettled questions as to capablities to ward off Rooskie "carrier-killers"...

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htada/articles/20130712.aspx

Heck, the nation might collapse before any foreign power says "boo" anyway...   ::)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #153 on: November 01, 2013, 08:00:47 AM »
It never ceases to amaze me how outlets inside the beltway find the obvious so surprising...

Chinese state-run media revealed for the first time this week that Beijing’s nuclear submarines can attack American cities as a means to counterbalance U.S. nuclear deterrence in the Pacific.

They've had nuclear-armed subs for a while now...I guess it never dawned on these beltway bandits that they could actual target US cities...until the Chi-Com media informed them...

::facepalm::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #154 on: November 01, 2013, 12:53:41 PM »
And I still say that mysterious contrail off the coast of CA a while back was no incoming airliner. I tried to be incredulous about the claims of it being a Chinese missile, but what I keep coming back to is the fact that the appearance of this contrail was apparently so unusual that it warranted all that media coverage. If it was just the contrail of an incoming airliner like they say, then why aren't contrails of that appearance seen all the time there? Regularly scheduled planes come and go at roughly the same time every day, and certainly the lighting and atmospheric conditions would occasionally be the same as what was said to produce that contrail.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #155 on: November 03, 2013, 12:09:37 PM »
Part of the problem with that CA event was the lack of background markers, without object with which to orient to it makes it hard to determine proper height and and distance...if we had that the speed alone would verify or exclude an aircraft pretty easily.  As it is all we can do is wonder.  But in light of recent history, it would be safe to assume something unusual occurred.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #156 on: December 05, 2013, 08:28:06 PM »
This article tracks along with the String-of-Pearls genesis of this thread and all-things China related:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/12/china_sea_crisis_deteriorates.html

I think the authors take overall is sound, but of the four points the latter two cannot be overemphasized...and especially the third - it will happen!  When, not if.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #157 on: December 06, 2013, 07:15:36 AM »
Chi-Coms sure are a cocky bunch!

http://www.infowars.com/our-warships-rival-u-s-navy-brags-chinese-pla/

But bloviating aside...never a better assclown to intimidate America than with that SCoaMF soiling the White House!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #158 on: December 13, 2013, 07:30:43 AM »
Little incident in the South China Sea last week...just getting word of now...

http://freebeacon.com/chinese-naval-vessel-tries-to-force-u-s-warship-to-stop-in-international-waters/

Stupid and dangerous move by the ChiCom's!  Lucky their little Amphib Landing Ship didn't get cut in half!

These clowns are proving to be much less professional and prudent than the Russians! 

Not a good portent for the future...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #159 on: January 17, 2014, 12:00:20 PM »
 ::facepalm::

Son of a ...

"Although Adm. Locklear said it is obvious that Chinese military power is growing, he suggested that it is unclear whether China will seek to be a hard adversary to the U.S. in the long term, so Washington should be working overtime on steering Beijing toward a cooperative security posture."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jan/16/us-military-dominance-pacific-decline-says-top-adm/#ixzz2qgCz6yuE

“But this is a remarkable assumption, especially in light of recent Chinese behavior. China is not interested in providing security for everyone and, frankly, not even for anyone other than itself. This is the kind of bizarre lens that led one of Adm. Locklear’s predecessors to offer to help China with its carrier development.”

Ya think?

::bashing::

::gaah::   ::cussing::   ::angry::   ::pullhair::

::realitycheck::