Author Topic: Another reason to avoid a Public School  (Read 1739 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Another reason to avoid a Public School
« on: February 09, 2012, 05:29:47 PM »
As if you need more reasons... Your kid can get TB  

MichelleO and I lived in Longmont, and my former Little Brother (Big Brothers of Denver)  went to this school.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Another reason to avoid a Public School
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 06:13:05 PM »
Like I could use that as a reason.  Seriously, I've had people basically say to me that it's my obligation to offer my kids up to the gods of education for the good of the community.

::outrage::

I've been told I can't protect my children from "everything".  Like hell I can't.  Until they're adults and not a minute sooner.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 06:49:38 PM »
Like I could use that as a reason.  Seriously, I've had people basically say to me that it's my obligation to offer my kids up to the gods of education for the good of the community.

I've been told I can't protect my children from "everything".  Like hell I can't.  Until they're adults and not a minute sooner.

I'm favoring Soup's response to such bullsh*t, "GTFA from me or I'll kill you".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 07:38:06 PM »

For anybody who knows me in real life---I think they're afraid that IS my attitude.

I've been accused of being obstinate and dogmatic.  Imagine.

(But only by people who tried to cross me or tell me how to raise my kids!)
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 09:26:25 PM »

For anybody who knows me in real life---I think they're afraid that IS my attitude.

I've been accused of being obstinate and dogmatic.  Imagine.

(But only by people who tried to cross me or tell me how to raise my kids!)

I refer you to my sig line, LV.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 09:32:36 PM »
Fortunate for all that I'm such a harmless, lovable teddy-bear...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 09:35:23 PM »
Fortunate for all that I'm such a harmless, lovable teddy-bear...

I'm sure you are.  To one considered a friend, family or tribe.  To those not .......

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 12:30:02 AM »
I refer you to my sig line, LV.

excellent point   ::thumbsup::

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 06:21:02 AM »
"Public" Education. It's free. (Disclaimer: You gits what ya pay fer)

In (Raleigh) Wake County, North Carolina, the revolutionary school board members were recently sent packing by the progressive educators and their supporters. Want to know what killed them? The concept that kids should be educated in their own neighborhoods without resulting to gimmickry such as Magnet Schools. Oh, but that is so racist, said the good reverend Buffet Slayer, President of the local NAACP.

Magnet Schools: A nice concept to achieve racial diversity in each school. See, what you do is declare an inner city failing school (a failing school. That's a good one. More on that later) a "Magnet School." What does the magnet thingy do? 'Spose to "attract" the really smart white kids from the burbs to ride a bus 1.5 hours each way to some inner city hell hole cause at that school, they offer college prep courses. So the smart white kids get to provide the "diversity" to the failing school to get the overall performance average up to a passing mark. (Notice I have not said anything about the actual building, the books or materials, or the teachers? That, my friends, is because the foregoing are substantially the same throughout the Wake County. I'm kinda thinking that the "school" isn't failing so mych as the inner city kids are doing the failing.

So, what do the white kids and Asian kids get for their three hour round trip into diversity land? Beats the hell outta me. Apparently, they may get a good dose of TB.  I do know that the education administration gets the Benjamins only if the schools meet minimum passing scores. Must be difficult to achieve when there exists a culture of miscreants, gang-bangers, dope heads and societal drop outs in the "neighborhood."

News flash for the progressive liberal educators: It ain't the school that is failing. It is the entire system where diversity trumps individuality, and the administration must scheme on a yearly basis how to move the white performing kids to the schools that have the "under-performing" neighborhood schools.

Those who can, do.
Those who can't, teach.
Those who don't want to teach become administrators.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 11:24:37 AM »
I don't get how parents fall for this stuff but they do. I guess it's easier to believe than do anything else.