Author Topic: Gasoline prices  (Read 70171 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: Gasoline prices
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2012, 09:30:47 AM »
Now 3.87 as of yesterday afternoon. That's up 4 cents in less than a week. Yay, O'Bongo!
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2012, 04:56:14 PM »

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/boehner-slaps-obamas-tour-de-farce-keystone-xl-pipeline

"It takes a special kind of politician to be able to hold a photo-op for a project he’s rejected – twice – and personally lobbied members of Congress to block. The American people are in for just such a spectacle today, as the president continues his tour de farce public relations adventure," House Speaker John Boehner said on Thursday.

President Barack Obama, making a campaign stop in Cushing, Okla., will declare his support for the southern section of the Keystone XL pipeline -- which will not connect to Canada's oil supply unless Obama approves the critical northern portion, which he has twice refused to do.

According to Boehner, Obama "will strain all credibility" on Thursday "by declaring his unwavering support for a private-sector project that he’s single-handedly prevented from being completed."

Ace said: 
Understand, I Didn't Bust In Your Mouth

Per se.

Bonus: Obama thinks oil costs $1.25 per barrel

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2012, 07:57:05 AM »
“We have subsidized oil companies for a century. We want to encourage production of oil and gas, and make sure that wherever we’ve got American resources, we are tapping into them. But they don’t need an additional incentive when gas is $3.75 a gallon, when oil is $1.20 a barrel, $1.25 a barrel. They don’t need additional incentives. They are doing fine.” - Barak Hussein Obama 3-22-12

::hysterical::

He stoopit!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2012, 10:06:36 PM »

Cost $107.25 to fill up yesterday.

Back in the day I could fill my twin 50s for about that.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2012, 10:43:20 PM »

Cost $107.25 to fill up yesterday.

Back in the day I could fill my twin 50s for about that.

Holy cow!  What the heck are you filling up, CO?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2012, 10:45:44 PM »

F-150

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2012, 10:50:02 PM »

F-150

Oh crap.  Me too.  Were you almost empty?  Please tell me you were running on fumes, okay?  Sonofabeech.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2012, 10:54:49 PM »

I don't let it get below 1/4 tank to protect the fuel pump.
So, it was that plus a five gallon jug.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2012, 10:57:39 PM »
My Excursion has a 45 gallon tank, and gets about 11 MPG.

My boat has a 20 gallon tank, and gets about 1-2 MPG.

I can drive the Corolla, but the Corolla can't pull the boat.

BTW, my #1 son smashed our Camry yesterday. Welcome to high-risk insurance, sonnyboy.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2012, 11:00:51 PM »

I don't let it get below 1/4 tank to protect the fuel pump.
So, it was that plus a five gallon jug.

What size tank on your truck?  I've got a 25 gal. one.  Gunsmith filled up three 5-gal. containers today for $40, and three small propane tanks @ $18.99 apiece; another $60+.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2012, 11:02:58 PM »

Today the cheapest seen was $3.89 the most expensive $3.99.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2012, 03:38:34 AM »
$3.90 per gallon this morning. They say prices will probably rise all through the summer.

Way to go, Team Zero. Great re-election strategy.

BTW, this has been making the rounds. Sorry if it's already been posted.

I'm guessing this is one marriage that won't last all that long.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2012, 08:25:30 AM »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2012, 08:33:46 AM »
Expect Dem's to parade oil bosses before congress for a series of stern lectures and political grandstanding that buries the truth under a mountain of lies and an MFM that lets them get a way with it.

Some things are just too easy to predict...

::)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2012, 08:38:04 AM »
Expect Dem's to parade oil bosses before congress for a series of stern lectures and political grandstanding that buries the truth under a mountain of lies and an MFM that lets them get a way with it.

And the oil company execs should be ready for it. They should go on the offensive and kick his little ass all over the place. There is just no reason not to. It's not as if they can expect to get anything in return for meekly acquiescing to the asshole. Certainly the last three years have shown how that works out.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2012, 08:45:27 AM »

And the oil company execs should be ready for it. They should go on the offensive and kick his little ass all over the place. There is just no reason not to. It's not as if they can expect to get anything in return for meekly acquiescing to the asshole. Certainly the last three years have shown how that works out.

I keep waiting for that and I keep getting disappointed, so I will hold off on any prediction on that score, as I will also refrain from predicting what Repub's will do as well, since that track record is also spotty....

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2012, 01:39:43 PM »
I paid $4.11 yesterday.  That was for 93 octane, but still...it's painful.  I'm less pissed about the expensive fuel prices than I am all the deliberate misinformation and BS swirling around it.  Under the previous administration, it was a daily drumbeat from the Democrat-Media Complex that Bush wasn't doing anything about it because he was a beneficiary of it (and it wasn't even as high then as it is now, either).  Now we only hear a drumbeat that the president really can't do much about gas prices even if he wants to, and once again it's those mythical "speculators" who are to blame.

When does the unreality ever end?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2012, 02:08:40 PM »
It will only end when they lose and we win.

Until then...SSDD!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2012, 05:00:12 PM »
Bought almost half a tank's worth today for $37 and change.  87 octane does me fine.  I didn't check the price per gallon; all the stations' prices around here rarely vary by more than a penny a gallon, and the last time I did look, $3.80+ was the going rate.  I refuse to buy from Citgo, so I fill up at half to avoid the possibility of having to pay Hugo.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2012, 10:00:09 AM »
3.95/gallon today