Author Topic: Shocka! NBC Caught Editing Zimmerman 911 Tape!  (Read 3124 times)

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
Shocka! NBC Caught Editing Zimmerman 911 Tape!
« on: April 01, 2012, 09:27:50 AM »
As heard on NBC Television:

Zimmerman: “This guy looks like he’s up to no good.  He looks black.”

Well, well, well. I guess Zimmerman is a racist profiler after all.

What? The NBC tape was edited? No way, Jose. NBC wouldn't edit a tape to falsely portray George Zimmerman. This is the Peacock Network! This is the Peter Jennings Network! David Brinkley! Chet Huntley! This is the network of the Professional Journalists!

Uh-oh Shaggy. Busted . . .

The unabridged version is:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.

Dispatcher: OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?

Zimmerman: He looks black.

Oh my.

Erik Wemple of the Washington Post noted:

The difference between what ‘Today’ put on its air and the actual tape?  Complete: In the ‘Today’ version, Zimmerman volunteered that this person ‘looks black,’ a sequence of events that would more readily paint Zimmerman as a racial profiler.  In reality’s version, Zimmerman simply answered a question about the race of the person whom he was reporting to the police.  Nothing prejudicial at all in responding to such an inquiry.

[...]

And it’s a falsehood with repercussions.  Much of the public discussion over the past week has settled on how conflicting facts and interpretations call into question whether Zimmerman acted justifiably or criminally.  That’s a process that’ll continue.  But one set of facts in the is ironclad, and that’s the back-and-forth between Zimmerman and the dispatcher.  To portray that exchange in a way that wrongs Zimmerman is high editorial malpractice well worthy of the investigation that NBC is now mounting.

Bastards. All of 'em.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Shocka! NBC Caught Editing Zimmerman 911 Tape!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 09:35:24 AM »
And for every instance that is discovered, there are untold hundreds or perhaps thousands of examples of editorial malpractice that were never known. That is the media, that's their MO. For decades they have been the purveyors of "official truth", and have used this position to feed the public a steaming pile of politically-motivated left wing bullsh*t. Their demise cannot come quickly enough.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 10:19:22 AM »
Imagine the relative conservative hegemony if the truth was told all along, in all instances. The mind boggles that we are at a rough 50/50 split, when one side of that 50% is supported by lies, distortions, and obfuscations. If the truth was told by an impartial media and throughout academia to the best of their respective abilities, we'd probably have about 85% basic conservative "small R" republicans, and about 15% hardcore commies biting our ankles.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 10:25:53 AM »

Another piece of editorial malpractice exposed:

The murder of Kitty Genovese March 13, 1964, we all have heard the original story
how she was murdered while multiple onlookers did nothing.  According to
this from AoSHQ the whole story, except for the fact of brutal murder, is a complete Media misrepresentation.

'If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.'
                        Mark Twain

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 03:22:09 PM »
CNN Host: Are Cops Asking For Physical Descriptions Subliminally Racist?

Oh good grief.  The vid's at the link; I didn't watch, the question alone was enough.

Some of the comments ...

smartcalm

"Three humans, or what appeared to be humans robbed and killed an armed guard outside a bank in chicago today".

(well, that does narrow it down to about 3 billion people)

oregontea

"A being took my car"

"It was smaller than average, darker than average, with a smaller than average nose, medium eyes and 2 arms and two legs"

Go get them and if you don't, I will be really angry at you, mr. policeman.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline PatriotGal2257

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 04:40:57 PM »
[blockquote]Another piece of editorial malpractice exposed:

The murder of Kitty Genovese March 13, 1964, we all have heard the original story
how she was murdered while multiple onlookers did nothing.  According to
this from AoSHQ the whole story, except for the fact of brutal murder, is a complete Media misrepresentation.[/blockquote]

I just read this link from AoSHQ and an additional link to the story which went into even further detail. I remember reading about the Kitty Genovese murder as a kid and being very scared. I never knew what to think about the supposed inaction of the residents, but it does not surprise me now to learn that it was more of the same distortion. Really, I don't understand why anyone takes the MSM seriously as a news source for anything. I'm reminded of an old journalism saying which goes: "If your mother says she loves you, check it out anyway." This should be revised as a conservative anthem to say "If the MSM reports the news, make sure you check to see what the true story is."
People come to Washington believing it's the center of power.  I know I did.  It was only much later that I learned that Washington is a steering wheel that's not connected to the engine.  -- Richard Goodwin

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 04:54:49 PM »

PatriotGal2257, welcome to IAL, nice avatar.

Offline PatriotGal2257

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 05:57:47 PM »
Thanks, Charles! I'm glad to be here and I'm glad you like my avatar -- I love vintage patriotic graphics. Vintage anything, actually. :)
People come to Washington believing it's the center of power.  I know I did.  It was only much later that I learned that Washington is a steering wheel that's not connected to the engine.  -- Richard Goodwin

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 07:57:04 AM »
Glock32 nailed it in the other thread..."Democrat-Media Complex", it is real, it is malevolent and it is a clear and present danger to liberty as established by our Founders!  They are all the worst kind of domestic enemies!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline PatriotGal2257

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 09:34:57 AM »
Glock32 nailed it in the other thread..."Democrat-Media Complex", it is real, it is malevolent and it is a clear and present danger to liberty as established by our Founders!  They are all the worst kind of domestic enemies!

I'll have to read that, but I agree. I want to see them taken out, to see them smashed beyond all repair, never to recover.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 10:34:37 AM »
Glock32 nailed it in the other thread..."Democrat-Media Complex", it is real, it is malevolent and it is a clear and present danger to liberty as established by our Founders!  They are all the worst kind of domestic enemies!

I actually had a debate with someone in the comments forum at PajamasMedia about this. One commenter claimed we were the most propagandized society in history, and another said he was being ridiculously over the top when you consider the propaganda that existed in the USSR, and still exists in China, etc.

I think the first guy's assertion was actually pretty close to the mark though. You could argue that we are indeed the most propagandized population on the basis that we (the collective 'we' I mean) don't realize we're being propagandized. It may have been much more overt in the USSR, but rational people there knew they were being fed copious amounts of BS. The 'samizdat' phenomenon didn't evolve in a vacuum, after all. Here, on the other hand, most people have blithely believed that we have a free and open press that is not polluted by "official truth" of any kind. For over half a century Americans have tuned into the Big 3, or opened the major broadsheet dailies, and believed they were being presented with objective reporting of the facts, and that any editorializing was reserved for those articles clearly indicated as opinion pieces. We now know that nothing could have been further from the truth. Even before WWII, Duranty was winning Pullitzers for hiding Stalin's engineered famines, and with starry-eyed idealism reporting on the wonders of the Potemkin villages presented to him on his trips to the USSR, how it was evidence of the New Soviet Man's superior social model. The New York Times...all the news that's fit to print!

So yes, I say this insidious form of propaganda is ultimately more harmful. As Rush points out, everything about the public consciousness would be dramatically different if the media actually reported the news in a neutral fashion, if they actually held Democrats to the same standards.

It's now clear to me why the Framers were careful to leave an escape hatch in the system they created. They knew in spite of all the brilliant checks and balances engineered into the system, all these failsafes can be short circuited when there is a large, unofficial collusion between the entities that are supposed to be checking and balancing each other. We have all branches of government and a media united in their common desire to increase the size, scope, and power of the State.

The board is set, the pieces are moving. We come to it at last...
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 11:29:01 AM »
Glock32 nailed it in the other thread..."Democrat-Media Complex", it is real, it is malevolent and it is a clear and present danger to liberty as established by our Founders!  They are all the worst kind of domestic enemies!

I actually had a debate with someone in the comments forum at PajamasMedia about this. One commenter claimed we were the most propagandized society in history, and another said he was being ridiculously over the top when you consider the propaganda that existed in the USSR, and still exists in China, etc.

I think the first guy's assertion was actually pretty close to the mark though. You could argue that we are indeed the most propagandized population on the basis that we (the collective 'we' I mean) don't realize we're being propagandized. It may have been much more overt in the USSR, but rational people there knew they were being fed copious amounts of BS. The 'samizdat' phenomenon didn't evolve in a vacuum, after all. Here, on the other hand, most people have blithely believed that we have a free and open press that is not polluted by "official truth" of any kind. For over half a century Americans have tuned into the Big 3, or opened the major broadsheet dailies, and believed they were being presented with objective reporting of the facts, and that any editorializing was reserved for those articles clearly indicated as opinion pieces. We now know that nothing could have been further from the truth. Even before WWII, Duranty was winning Pullitzers for hiding Stalin's engineered famines, and with starry-eyed idealism reporting on the wonders of the Potemkin villages presented to him on his trips to the USSR, how it was evidence of the New Soviet Man's superior social model. The New York Times...all the news that's fit to print!

So yes, I say this insidious form of propaganda is ultimately more harmful. As Rush points out, everything about the public consciousness would be dramatically different if the media actually reported the news in a neutral fashion, if they actually held Democrats to the same standards.

It's now clear to me why the Framers were careful to leave an escape hatch in the system they created. They knew in spite of all the brilliant checks and balances engineered into the system, all these failsafes can be short circuited when there is a large, unofficial collusion between the entities that are supposed to be checking and balancing each other. We have all branches of government and a media united in their common desire to increase the size, scope, and power of the State.

Agreed.  And I do not think it an exaggeration on my part to think these people in the Democrat-Media Complex are shocked and angered when the common people fail to drop to their knees and heap unending praise whenever these enlightened ones utter anything!  That some refuse to accept any of their spoon-fed progressive/statist BS indicates who in society the elites feel must be eliminated, physically destroyed!  That they will resort to outright force is a foregone conclusion, they are already doing it in certain instances, so all I got to say is "I shall not go gently into that good night!"  Game on, Democrat-Media Complex sonsofbitches!

::asskicking::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2012, 11:35:32 AM »

Agreed.  And I do not think it an exaggeration on my part to think these people in the Democrat-Media Complex are shocked and angered when the common people fail to drop to their knees and heap unending praise whenever these enlightened ones utter anything!  That some refuse to accept any of their spoon-fed progressive/statist BS indicates who in society the elites feel must be eliminated, physically destroyed!  That they will resort to outright force is a foregone conclusion, they are already doing it in certain instances, so all I got to say is "I shall not go gently into that good night!"  Game on, Democrat-Media Complex sonsofbitches!

Not dropping and recognizing their brilliant munificence
reinforces to them that we are ignorant dolts.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2012, 11:38:16 AM »

Not dropping and recognizing their brilliant munificence
reinforces to them that we are ignorant dolts.

Yeah, and I have the means and will to defend my liberty.  They ought to think long and hard about that!

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2012, 01:31:33 PM »
A cleaned up version of the police booking tape which is a hell of a lot clearer that what we've seen to date shows Zimmerman being led into the police station with some pretty nasty cuts on the back of his head !

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2012, 02:05:06 PM »
A cleaned up version of the police booking tape which is a hell of a lot clearer that what we've seen to date shows Zimmerman being led into the police station with some pretty nasty cuts on the back of his head !

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2012/04/02/ABC-Enhanced-Video-Zimmerman

Look at ABC run backwards, no news from the rest of the DMC...

::outrage::

"1-2-3-4...We don't want your bogus race war!"

::outrage::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2012, 12:21:33 PM »
NBC is busy taking down the evidence of its repeated usage of its bogus edit of the George Zimmerman 911 call. This follows the firing of a producer for the use of the same bad edit on the March 27 Today Show. Left unanswered - what about the March 22 use on the Today Show? [LATE ADD: a third usage of "He looks black" has been found and edited out of existence (but not Google Cache!) at NBC 6 Miami, as described below. When will the Elite Media sniff a cover-up?]

Twelve days ago Dan Riehl found this at MSNBC:

“This guy looks like he’s up to no good … he looks black,” Zimmerman told a police dispatcher from his car. His father has said that Zimmerman is Hispanic, grew up in a multiracial family, and is not racist.

The use of ellipsis clearly indicate that the conversation was clipped. This version has since been re-edited (without any explanation) to include the complete exchange.

Yesterday the discovery by Les Jones of two similar bad edits at NBC 6 Miami for stories from March 19 and March 20 was widely broadcast by the InstaPundit. As of this writing, those stories have been "fixed" by the web editors to eliminate the troublesome passages (and are marked as updated April 9; the specific update is unexplained)...

And on Monday Jeralyn Merritt discovered, with Lexis, this Today Show transcript from March 22 with the same bad edit. So far that is still online, but a screenshot is [at the link -- ace].

[And let me add - in the updates I discover at least one, possibly two new NBC 6 Miami stories from Mar 17 and Mar 19 that were re-edited on April 9 and *may have* contained the bad edit]

So, it seems to be a bit of a race - can NBC sweep this down the memory hole before the crowd notices?

via Ace
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2012, 06:54:56 PM »

can NBC sweep this down the memory hole before the crowd notices?

Yes.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2012, 07:58:35 PM »
- can NBC sweep this down the memory hole before the crowd notices?

Not only can they, they WILL. ::rockets::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson