Author Topic: Southern Poverty Law Center  (Read 1287 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Southern Poverty Law Center
« on: May 05, 2012, 01:55:19 PM »
LINK

I met this with silence, so he said that, really, the SPLC only tracks those who commit violence or who seek to destroy whole systems in the name of an ideology.

“Isn’t that exactly what happened in Cleveland?” I asked. “These five men, all linked with Occupy Wall Street, attempted to blow up a bridge as an overture to the wholesale destruction of Cleveland, Ohio, and in the name of anarchism. They also looked to blow up the Republican convention.”

“They were anarchists,” he repeated.

“Yes?”

He paused. “We’re not really set up to cover the extreme Left.”

This was at least honest. He must have heard me thinking, because he continued, “Some people ask why we don’t cover prison gangs or the Crips and the Bloods, because they are violent, too. But they aren’t political, you see.”

“But Occupy is political,” I suggested.

In my time covering Occupy Wall Street I have seen anti-Semitism, black nationalism, class hatred, and threats of violence; there have been rapes, a few murders, and now some domestic terrorism. One would have thought that these things would be sufficient warrant for a group like the Southern Poverty Law Center to stand up and take serious note, but, as I learned yesterday, there’s one problem: They’re just “not set up to cover the extreme Left.”

You just  can't make this crap up...
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Southern Poverty Law Center
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 03:33:03 PM »
...You just  can't make this crap up...

Quite unfortunately for us and the country, we don't have to make it up.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 05:15:01 AM »
Morris Dees is nothing but a damned extortionist , con-man and fraud . The SPLC is now and has always been nothing more than a vehicle to promote the political and financial well-being of Dees ! He's the white , Southern , Jewish Liberal version of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton !

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 07:10:54 AM »
What SH said!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.