Author Topic: "Barack Obama just came out in support of gay marriage."  (Read 4412 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: "Barack Obama just came out in support of gay marriage."
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2012, 12:40:56 PM »
There are plenty of people going on their feeeelings on this just like everything else.  My daughter had to set her two (male) friends straight on this issue recently.  They thought it wasn't right to tell someone who they could love.....

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2012, 12:49:30 PM »
There are plenty of people going on their feeeelings on this just like everything else.  My daughter had to set her two (male) friends straight on this issue recently.  They thought it wasn't right to tell someone who they could love.....

::gaah::

What did she tell them?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2012, 12:56:16 PM »
Yeah, yeah; it's the WaPo, but does anyone really believe 52% of Americans want same-sex "marriage" legalized?

No. Not even in a hypothetical scenario.

I think if they were within a light-year of honest they would acknowledge that they stood outside a homo bathhouse and solicited votes (among other things) and that is how they got that totally unrealistic skew.

Why? Because every time it comes down to a vote homo "marriage" fails by close to a 2-1 margin.

And the continuing troubling aspect - the one that I can't get the left to talk honestly about is the rampant nihilism that is driving the pro-homo agenda. The ones that claim that they don't care if queers get married show that they mostly don't care about much of anything else either. They certainly don't care about anything that involves any of our traditional values, customs, or culture.

What trips their wire is the perverse, the obscene, and the extreme. They are attracted to garish, loud, and offensive. In other words, they are junior high-schoolers.

Edit: added missing quote

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2012, 01:03:20 PM »
Barack Obama just came out in support of gay marriage.

Finally! Something the man can get behind!
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2012, 01:21:22 PM »

::laughonfloor::

And you know he didn't even do that right....
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2012, 01:30:16 PM »
Hey now LV, let's not get all crazy here!  ::angel:: 

Biden thinks his 'stick' is adequate. In fact, Biden seemed quite pleased with 'it'! And since Biden is supposed to be the second smartest guy in the room next to Obama...

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2012, 02:27:25 PM »

The perfect follow up would have been "With who?"!   ::rimshot::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2012, 11:30:17 PM »

What did she tell them?

Oh, she told them everything they needed to get back on the right way of thinking.   ::laughonfloor::

They were at a bar no less and she wasn't about to let them make such a comment and let it  pass...

Because she knows they're church-goers sadly lacking in Christian theology she gave them a dissertation of the religious / moral aspects as it relates to the purposes of families and how men and women are designed to procreate and nurture children. And then how physically "nature" serves that purpose biologically (men and women are designed to pair).  She also threw in a few comments about deviant disorders being redefined as choices etc. 

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2012, 12:02:29 AM »

What did she tell them?

Oh, she told them everything they needed to get back on the right way of thinking.   ::laughonfloor::

They were at a bar no less and she wasn't about to let them make such a comment and let it  pass...

Because she knows they're church-goers sadly lacking in Christian theology she gave them a dissertation of the religious / moral aspects as it relates to the purposes of families and how men and women are designed to procreate and nurture children. And then how physically "nature" serves that purpose biologically (men and women are designed to pair).  She also threw in a few comments about deviant disorders being redefined as choices etc. 

Good for her.  You've taught her well.

It occurs to me that the positions taken by a lot of young men today are done so in order to curry favor with young women; their opinions are seen as superior because that's what both sexes have been taught by the "progressives" doing the teaching.

Women have traditionally been seen as keepers of the culture so, to the Left, the logical segment to undermine is women.  And it has worked too damn well.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2012, 12:04:09 AM »

What did she tell them?

Lots of guys will casually mouth off platitudes that they've been programmed to believe are female-compliant. The feminist Girl Nation has done much, through the Left's control of academia and pop culture, to convince young males that girls are universally liberal and if they are to have any luck with the fairer sex they must adopt such positions. They may not actually buy into it at all, but they will keep up appearances.

In your example these were just friends, but I think the same psychological dynamic is at play because they don't want it getting out into their perceived social circle that they're bigoted intolerant cavemen, blah blah blah.

The feminists, these self-appointed leaders of all things Woman, have done quite a number on the last two generations of men, by basically recasting all the most deeply ingrained male instincts as something that is necessarily predatory. Surveys now consistently show women being more unhappy and unfulfilled, and many men don't even bother with marriage anymore. The relationship between Man and Woman has been made dysfunctional, just another also-ran; advocacy for gay marriage follows right into that vacuum. All of it is part of a greater effort to dismantle the personal and familial bonds that form the backbone of a healthy Western society.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2012, 07:15:47 AM »

What did she tell them?

Good for her.  You've taught her well.

It occurs to me that the positions taken by a lot of young men today are done so in order to curry favor with young women; their opinions are seen as superior because that's what both sexes have been taught by the "progressives" doing the teaching.

Women have traditionally been seen as keepers of the culture so, to the Left, the logical segment to undermine is women.  And it has worked too damn well.

The Soviet Kremlin's ICM Office pedagogical syllabus at work.
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2012, 09:05:26 PM »
Barack Obama just came out in support of gay marriage

And it doesn't seem to have been a very wise thing to do either ...

Senate Democrats facing difficult reelections are breaking with President Obama’s endorsement of same-sex marriage, a sign the issue is politically dangerous in battleground states.
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2012, 06:31:15 AM »
Barack Obama just came out in support of gay marriage

And it doesn't seem to have been a very wise thing to do either ...

Senate Democrats facing difficult reelections are breaking with President Obama’s endorsement of same-sex marriage, a sign the issue is politically dangerous in battleground states.

Good.
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2012, 01:53:45 PM »
LINK

A bill that would have allowed civil unions for same-sex couples in Colorado was defeated on Monday night during a special legislative session called by Gov. John W. Hickenlooper to debate the issue.

I'm betting Obumbles REALLY wishes he hadn't come out of the closet right about now...
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2012, 11:54:06 AM »
Ugh, here we go again!

The Obama administration “strongly objects” to provisions in a House defense authorization bill that would prohibit the use of military property for same-sex “marriage or marriage-like” ceremonies, and protect military chaplains from negative repercussions for refusing to act against their consciences, as, for example, in being ordered to perform a same-sex marriage ceremony.

http://moonbattery.com/?p=11852

http://www.thelookingspoon.com/index.php/73-may-2012/3462-rejected-draft-of-newsweek-first-gay-president-cover

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2012, 12:32:34 PM »
My youngest and I were watching Food Network the other evening--you'd think that would be a "safe" channel, huh?  Anyway, one of the "chefs" was talking about how she cooks for her wife.

My daughter looked at me and asked, "Did she just say wife?"

"Yep."

"That's weird, Mom."

"Would you like me to explain it?"

"No, that's just weird."

And to aggravate libs everywhere I added, "It is and there are some who want to act like it's not wrong."
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 10:36:21 PM by LadyVirginia »

charlesoakwood

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2012, 03:42:55 PM »

He needs a same sex ceremony, just not the one he would like.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2012, 04:23:50 PM »
when I think about those soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf and yet feel constrained, even now that ‘don't ask, don't tell’ is gone, because they are not able to commit themselves in a marriage, at a certain point I've just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same sex couples should be able to get married.”
                               Prince Barry

This he does for the military! Isn't he the patriot.

he makes me sick

When he's thinking about all those soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors....and feels constrained.......I think he just came out of the closet.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2012, 07:51:08 AM »
When I think about the destruction he is unleashing...I want to stuff him back into a closet!

Can the closet be mobile, locked, lead-lined and deep-six'd?  

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2012, 05:14:16 PM »
When I think about the destruction he is unleashing...I want to stuff him back into a closet!

Can the closet be mobile, locked, lead-lined and deep-six'd?  

Obama supports gay marriage because he likes sticking his head up his ass......
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.