Author Topic: The media 'creating' martyrs  (Read 1212 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
The media 'creating' martyrs
« on: May 11, 2012, 10:22:54 AM »
Latest media attempt to take out Romney

The family of the eight-years-deceased alleged victim of a cruel prank by a teenaged Mitt Romney reacted angrily to the Washington Post story yesterday — but not for the reasons one might imagine.  Calling the Washington Post story “factually inaccurate,” the sisters of the late John Lauber lashed out at the Post for using him to “further a political agenda”

This story seems to be fitting into a certain template. Much like the Trayvon case, the media takes a dead person and props them up as a martyr. It's perfect because the dead person can't clarify their side of the story you see so the media can twist the story by even a small degree and cause all sorts of optic trouble for whomever they want to screw with. All with no consequences...
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: The media 'creating' martyrs
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 10:39:08 AM »
Won't be the last or worst scumy act committed by DemonRats, that's for sure.  At least the sisters are calling them to task...not that it'll do any good.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 11:01:05 AM »
It's perfect because the dead person can't clarify their side of the story you see so the media can twist the story by even a small degree and cause all sorts of optic trouble for whomever they want to screw with.

Actually the JournoFraud behind this story hasn't exactly done that as his story is now falling apart with a little scrutiny.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 11:07:33 AM »
It's perfect because the dead person can't clarify their side of the story you see so the media can twist the story by even a small degree and cause all sorts of optic trouble for whomever they want to screw with.

Actually the JournoFraud behind this story hasn't exactly done that as his story is now falling apart with a little scrutiny.

Oh, I get that. But it hasn't stopped them from trying their standard operating procedure just the same. It's just backfiring on them this time is all.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 11:56:17 AM »

Oh, I get that. But it hasn't stopped them from trying their standard operating procedure just the same. It's just backfiring on them this time is all.

Not to mention the old aphorism from Churchill, "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."  We may be able to dismantle it, but it'll leave a mark.
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 12:25:47 PM »

Heard,
             "If I had a gay lover, he would look like the kid Romney beat up".

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 12:36:23 PM »
LINK

“It means nobody can run for president,” added Mark McKinnon. “When you look at, you know, what our public life looks like today, good people aren’t going into public service anymore. I was told the other day that the number of women running for office now is declining. And I think it’s the nature and the poisonous environment, and the media scrutiny, that are just driving good people out.”

“And there’s no doubt that the timing of this, Willie Geist,” Scarborough said, “the timing of this obviously is in line with Barack Obama coming out a couple of days ago, saying — I’m sorry. It’s a fun — I mean, the media response to Barack Obama saying absolutely nothing. In the immortal words of Pat Buchanan, celebrating “a big fat nothing burger” when Barack Obama basically said, ‘I’ve got the same position on gay marriage as Ron Paul or Ronald Reagan. I’m not going to do anything about it. The states can do what they want.’ But it seems to me that a story like this is timed to go along with the media celebrating Barack Obama saying he’s going to let states ban gay marriage.”

“Mark Halperin said it yesterday on the show, and I think he’s right,” responded co-host Willie Geist. “There’s no downside for the President given that just about every single member of the media agrees with his positions. So it will be celebrated. The timing of the piece — I’m sure they’ve been working on it for some time — it is a bit curious, the day after.” He then noted that ABC News had spoken to the sister of the man allegedly attacked by Romney all those years ago, who shared that the portrayal of her brother “is factually incorrect and we are aggrieved that he would be used to further a political agenda.”

Just updating the thread...
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 03:32:58 PM »

Heard,
             "If I had a gay lover, he would look like the kid Romney beat up".

"If I had a kid it would look like obama" - Frank Marshall Davis  ;)