Author Topic: Something we've known all along  (Read 1405 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Something we've known all along
« on: June 08, 2012, 11:04:07 AM »
Les Moonves admits media bias.

Before the event began, a long line of partygoers waited on the sidewalk outside the hotel to check in. CBS chief Les Moonves and his wife, Julie Chen, waited patiently for their wristbands. Obama, Moonves said, "has shown great leadership" on the issue of gay marriage.

Though he heads a news division, Moonves said, "ultimately journalism has changed … partisanship is very much a part of journalism now."

He hastened to add that despite his presence, "I run a news division. I've given no money to any candidate."

He's showing his colors by attending an Odrama fund raiser. Glad he didn't give him any money. ::doublebird::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Something we've known all along
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 11:10:16 AM »
Either they're so emboldened or they're so demoralized, they figure there's no harm in finally telling the truth.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 11:25:55 AM »
Yeah, well, why do some of these asshats so vehemently deny it whenever it is brought up? 

Many still hate the sting of the accusation, even when they know it is 100% true.

Bottom line, my opinion (if it even registers) of the 90% + of journalists who are jurnotards remains unchanged.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 02:20:17 PM »
And to think that there was a time, not long in our past, when the partisanship or ethics of "journalists" were not questioned. There were gumshoe reporters, trusted columnists, revered TV icons, and the idea that they were lying or biased was not something the vast majority of people concerned themselves with. Thank God for the advent and rise of conservative media.

Sometimes I wonder - if we were able to look back at actual events of the last century compared to remembering history through the filters of an unopposed Leftist media, how vastly different our interpretation of events might be?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 08:34:59 PM »
Sometimes I wonder - if we were able to look back at actual events of the last century compared to remembering history through the filters of an unopposed Leftist media, how vastly different our interpretation of events might be?

It's like Rush often says, they've got people who actually lived through the 1980s and the economic boom that defined that decade looking back on it thinking it was nothing like that.  People who actually lived it during their own lifetime!  You can well imagine the amount of spin they're able to put on things that came before us.

I remember the 80s. I was a kid, but I remember the time and even I knew it was an awesome time.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 07:15:22 AM »
History is written by the victors.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.