Author Topic: Duh speech  (Read 2869 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Duh speech
« on: March 28, 2011, 07:09:18 PM »
Barack Obama told America tonight:
“I Refuse to Wait for Images of Mass Slaughter Before Taking Action”

That's now.

This was then, 7/20/07 ........

SUNAPEE, N.H. (AP) — Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama said Thursday the United States cannot use its military to solve humanitarian problems and that preventing a potential genocide in Iraq isn't a good enough reason to keep U.S. forces there.

"Well, look, if that's the criteria by which we are making decisions on the deployment of U.S. forces, then by that argument you would have 300,000 troops in the Congo right now — where millions have been slaughtered as a consequence of ethnic strife — which we haven't done," Obama said in an interview with The Associated Press.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Duh speech
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 07:12:12 PM »
but then he hadn't been annointed yet

(listening to levin right now)

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 07:17:22 PM »

Everything he says has an expiration date.

has anyone seen his image in a mirror?  ::evilbat::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 07:57:20 PM »

has anyone seen his image in a mirror?  ::evilbat::

ah, yes, we need to be mindful of the best used by date
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 08:23:28 PM »

That's now.

SUNAPEE, N.H. (AP) — Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama said Thursday the United States cannot use its military to solve humanitarian problems and that preventing a potential genocide in Iraq isn't a good enough reason to keep U.S. forces there.

"Well, look, if that's the criteria by which we are making decisions on the deployment of U.S. forces, then by that argument you would have 300,000 troops in the Congo right now — where millions have been slaughtered as a consequence of ethnic strife — which we haven't done," Obama said in an interview with The Associated Press.

He is either incredibly stupid....or believes the people are incredibly stupid. Or both.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 08:41:47 PM »

has anyone seen his image in a mirror?  ::evilbat::

Well he can't be Count Dracula, because the Count knew how to deal with Muslim invaders.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 03:37:35 AM »
Lies , dissembling and half truths puncuated by hubris would adequately describe his speech but two salient points can't be ignored . First the U.S. isn't handing anything over to anyone . We're relinquishing the whole operation to ourselves . We are the majority funders of NATO and hold the ultimate command positions and will be supplying most of the expensive hardware and personnel just as we did under the coalition which Stymie didn't put together to begin with and was henpecked into joining his Natinal Security Harem ( aka "Stymies Angels" ).

Secondly neither the original "coalition" nor it's NATO successor is actually involved in protecting civillians in any direct way . What the western powers ARE doing is supplying close air support to the Anti-Ghadaffi Rebels who wouldn't be advancing a foot without it . Let's be completely honest about this ( Stymie would say ; "Honest... What dat ?" ) ; the the rebel force would be better described as a "rabble force" , hardly a cohesive military organization . If they plan on entering Tripoli in the next week to ten days ... without effective professional ground support , they'll be slaughtered . Jets , heavy artillery and cruise missiles will be unemployable once the urban battle begins and there's not enough time to train them for a fight like that . Frankly it would take a minimum of six months intensive training just to get them to the point that they could survive on the battlefield let alone conduct a proper offensive .

The only positive thing Stymie can say is that we've been damned lucky not to lose someone so far in this ill-defined and ill-advised mess .

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 04:37:08 AM »
A friend e-mailed me this morning and asked if The National Defense University had an athletic program and if so do they only play "defense" .  ::gaah::

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 05:26:41 AM »
OK. The President is a lying hypocrite. We get that. "I refuse to wait for images of mass slaughter before taking action."

So, Barry Soetoro commits the American Military to help god knows who do god knows what. Once they get to Tripoli, I guarandamn tee you that the Rebels will wait on the outskirts of the city, firing their weapons into the air in front of t.v. cameras, waiting for a UN resolution allowing Western ground forces do the heavy lifting.

They are gonna wait a looooong time. Barry's Vietnam.

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 05:52:31 AM »
firing their weapons into the air in front of t.v. cameras

I'd be afraid to guess how much ammo they've wasted in the last three weeks doing that silly sh*t ! That would be the FIRST thing I'd put a stop to if I were advising them in the field !   ::gaah::  ::gaah::  ::gaah::  ::gaah::

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 07:26:59 AM »

That's now.

He is either incredibly stupid....or believes the people are incredibly stupid. Or both.

Well...Obama voters and all...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2011, 07:32:07 AM »
His speech was perhaps the most pathetic any US President has ever given regarding the use of force, and he seemed defensive about it and often appeared like he didn't believe the crap coming out of his own mouth.

And the silence from the sheep up on The Hill is deafening...a few bleats are heard...but those pliant animals seem willing to stand there and be sheared!

Perhaps when Libya is partitioned into Daffyland and a new Iranian province people will finally realize the folly of this operation and be angry at their elected officials for letting it happen...

...no, that's just as big a blow of smoke up our asses as Obama's speech...

::bashing::

::unknowncomic::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2011, 09:30:38 AM »
His speech was perhaps the most pathetic any US President has ever given ... and often appeared like he didn't believe the crap coming out of his own mouth.

I think he looks like that everytime he opens his mouth.  Unfortunately for him achieving his agenda means having to put up with being prez (but he does make the best of it the vacations and all )

charlesoakwood

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2011, 09:40:20 AM »

The rebels miraculous turn around?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/us_deploys_low_flying_attack_planes_in_libya/2011/03/26/AF9grPqB_story.html
The U.S. military dramatically stepped up its assault on Libyan government ground forces over the weekend, launching its first missions with AC-130 flying gunships and A-10 attack aircraft designed to strike enemy ground troops and supply convoys.

$100 Million a day.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2011, 09:49:42 AM »

The rebels miraculous turn around?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/us_deploys_low_flying_attack_planes_in_libya/2011/03/26/AF9grPqB_story.html
The U.S. military dramatically stepped up its assault on Libyan government ground forces over the weekend, launching its first missions with AC-130 flying gunships and A-10 attack aircraft designed to strike enemy ground troops and supply convoys.

$100 Million a day.

And then there's this:

Reports: Libyan rebels retreating in disarray
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2011, 10:01:22 AM »
These rebels are a pretty poor imitation of the real Rebel Alliance....

"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 11:04:09 AM »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2011, 01:39:38 PM »
Life is like a box of arabs...you never know which one obama will support next.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2011, 03:35:08 PM »
 I sure would like to know where all these English speaking uniform wearing Rebels came from all of a sudden. Every damned station seems to have at least one.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie