Author Topic: Illinois Concealed Carry ??  (Read 748 times)

Offline sfetter

Illinois Concealed Carry ??
« on: February 21, 2013, 08:14:49 AM »
OK Guys, what is the latest on the CC in Illinois??   I have read that the current law was found unconstitutional back in Dec.   ::danceban:: Further, that concealed carry could be legal as soon as June 8th.

I am sure there are members here which know more than me.  So, whats the current status ??

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Illinois Concealed Carry ??
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 08:29:37 AM »
I read an article a week or so ago stating that in the absence of specific carry legislation in Illinois, the court ruling you referred to will result in "constitutional carry" such as they have in Vermont, Alaska, etc. A state with no specific carry law means that the supreme court's interpretation of the 2nd Amendment is the only guideline.

I kinda think that Illinois will not allow that kind of liberty to occur. I expect the opposite.

ETA: It was HERE, at AoSHQ. Worth a read.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 08:33:25 AM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: Illinois Concealed Carry ??
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 10:51:40 AM »
I read an article a week or so ago stating that in the absence of specific carry legislation in Illinois, the court ruling you referred to will result in "constitutional carry" such as they have in Vermont, Alaska, etc. A state with no specific carry law means that the supreme court's interpretation of the 2nd Amendment is the only guideline.

I kinda think that Illinois will not allow that kind of liberty to occur. I expect the opposite.

ETA: It was HERE, at AoSHQ. Worth a read.

12 Jeb Bush is our only hope.

Posted by: Karl Rove at February 21, 2013 09:53 AM (X49XP)

OK, now that was funny.