When I heard that joke it was, "Just Empty Every Pocket."
Anyway...here is the heater box:
Pretty nasty looking but not so bad, really. I think that it will clean up nicely. I took it apart so that I could get the leaves and pine needles out of the core area. Tomorrow I am going to wire it directly to the battery and measure the air flow cfm for comparison with a new motor.
So today I had the time to remove the front fenders. This is after the passenger side came off:
And this is after the other front fender and the radiator grill came off:
I also finished removing most of the rest of the stuff that goes through or is attached to the firewall. That would include the brake and clutch pedal assembly and the master brake cylinder. I have a few more things to get loose...I have to figure out how the emergency brake cable is connected to the pedal/release assembly and get that disconnected so that the cable can pass through the floor. Also the speedometer cable and accelerator cable have to be removed and then I have to remove the gas pedal and its mounting bracket. I removed the driver's side mirror/windshield bracket/hinge today and need to get the passenger side off next. Also, remove the driver's seat...got started on that today by removing two of the four bolts holding it down and then got distracted and never finished the other two. One thing I discovered today was that the sheet metal mounting plate that emergency brake assembly bolts to is cracked in two places where it attaches to the tub. That will need to get welded back when it goes in to the body shop.
Next is removing the body tub from the frame. Then, as I said earlier, all of the body pieces get put on the trailer and tarped. That leaves me with all of the mechanical stuff totally exposed and that should make doing a lot of the repairs and upgrades a lot easier. And once the body tub is off I can also check the fit for the new fuse box that is part of the new wiring harness. There is almost zero chance that it will fit right out of the box and I will either have to enlarge the existing firewall opening or fabricate some kind of fitting that allows it to mount to a larger hole.