Author Topic: Betty McCollum (Prog-MN) Pleads to have Redskins name/logo censored  (Read 3203 times)

Offline 21stCenturyThinker

• Newb
  • Renaissance Man- Don't Fear the Rebirth
Re: Betty McCollum (Prog-MN) Pleads to have Redskins name/logo censored
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2013, 08:00:06 PM »
I'm sure none of you has missed the implications of the line "funded by taxpayers" that justifies the government in doing whatever it wants, whenever it wants. Seems like the only solution is to refuse to take government money so you'll have nothing to lose when the feds start to put the screws to you. You won't adhere to the national speed limit of 55 mph? No federal highway funds for you then. Showing my age there.

All the political correctness crap aside, I think the greater danger is the bureaucrats at every level of government who want to sieze power and enforce their own view of "rightness" on we, the illiterate unwashed masses. Who made it government's job to ensure I'm not offended? Pretty soon they'll be telling me what I'm allowed to be offended by... oh, wait a minute; that's already happened, hasn't it?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2013, 06:51:19 AM »
Conservatives and Libertarians used to be chided for wanting to take a meat axe to government spending...but eliminating programs is the only way to eliminate bureaucrats (well, not the only way, perhaps the only peaceful way), but I agree, I chide them for wanting to use a meat axe...there should be really big swords and chain-saw's as well!!!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2013, 04:34:53 PM »
See what happens when libiot leaders egg on the great unwashed!

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/11/17/photo-redskins-team-bus-egged-on-way-to-stadium-in-philly/

I blame idiots like the fellon Clyde Bellecourt and the rest of the AIM/National Coalition on Racism in Sports and the Media activists for fomenting this display of poultry-abusers in Philly!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2013, 05:02:09 PM »
That's a bunch of dog poo.

You know what names offend me?

Barack HusseinObama.

Kathleen Sebilius.

Enrich Holder.

Harry Reid.

Nancy Pelosi.

Barbra Boxer.

John Boehner.

John McCain.

And many more.

If we can't ban the names....then ban the carriers from public office.

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever." - Thomas Jefferson

“... sad moral of all human tales; ’Tis but the same rehearsal of the past; First freedom, and then glory—when that fails, Wealth, vice, corruption, barbarism at last.” – Roman Historian, Tacitus

RickZ

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2013, 03:35:02 AM »
That's a bunch of dog poo.

You know what names offend me?

Barack HusseinObama.  President You Can Keep Your Plan (the latest of many nicknames for President Hissy Fit)

Kathleen Sebilius. Frau Direktor Cruella de Sebelius

Enrich Holder.  Eric The Red Holder

Harry Reid. Dingy Hairy Reid

Nancy Pelosi.  Nancy 'Bat Shyt Insane' Pelousy

Barbra Boxer.  Babs 'Box of Rocks' Boxer

John Boehner.  Orange Weepy

John McCain.  Juan McLame

And many more.

If we can't ban the names....then ban the carriers from public office.

Diane Frankenstein

Bride of Chucky Schumer

Princess Lieawatha

The Bungling Bitch of Benghazi

Blow Job Billy

And let's not forget the deceased:

Sheets Byrd

Ted The Swimmer Kennedy

What I've found is the left thinks they are oh so clever, oh so witty.  Their self-important mockery of Bush was monumentally stupendous, a legend in their own minds.  What they can't stand is that those on the right are better at mockery than they will ever be; just look at the material we have to mock!  That we have such talent deeply offends them and causes them to have dog whistle conniption fits barking 'racism!' wherever they go.