Author Topic: So I Married an Axe Murderer  (Read 45769 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: So I Married an Axe Murderer
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2013, 06:47:56 AM »
Happy Halloween Random - I love you

<hugs>

Gul-durnit...got something in my eye...

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2013, 06:48:39 AM »
Don't know how to fold fitted sheets. Neither of us care.  Yea.  I win :)

::hysterical::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2013, 07:53:43 AM »
I'm outta sheet.

So you don't cotton to sheets.  Must be one of those rich elitist 'born onto the silk' babies.

I'm gonna have to call bull sheet.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2013, 10:31:53 PM »
Dang! No wonder she's your ex-wife.

What is wrong with women who have unrealistic expectations of their men  - or who allow men to have unrealistic expectations of them?

You know how I fold sheets? I carefully bring all of the corners together, then roll the whole mess in to a wad that will fit in the linen closet. Who cares?

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever." - Thomas Jefferson

“... sad moral of all human tales; ’Tis but the same rehearsal of the past; First freedom, and then glory—when that fails, Wealth, vice, corruption, barbarism at last.” – Roman Historian, Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2013, 11:09:50 PM »
Well, I do.  I hate it, but there it is.  Same thing applies to t-shirts with the side-seams that twist.  Argh.

Y'all can do as you like with your own sheets in your own houses, but this is how we do it in mine.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2013, 12:43:31 PM »
The bed has to be made.  The folding of sheets I don't care about so much.  I have 2 sets. So one's in the closet so how ever it's folded doesn't matter much to me; it only takes up a small space as it is. My oldest is the one that's obsessed with properly folded laundry.  She was sitting with me one day and refolded it all when I was done.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2013, 09:53:44 PM »
Well, I do.  I hate it, but there it is.  Same thing applies to t-shirts with the side-seams that twist.  Argh.

Y'all can do as you like with your own sheets in your own houses, but this is how we do it in mine.

Oh, you didn't mention T-Shirts did you?

Early in my marriage, my husband walked into the room holding one of his work t-shirts in his hand. "Honey" he says to me "you missed a spot on this t-shirt".

"A spot? What spot?" I ask.

With great aplomb, my husband held the T-shirt before my eyes and said "This one right here".

"Where?"

"Here!"

"Hold it up to the light, honey...I can't see it"

"Are you blind? Do you need a cane to walk or what? It's right here, see it?"

I saw it then. Looked like a little grease spot, maybe 1/8 of an inch circumference.

I said "sorry that didn't come out, but I'm sure no one will notice"

Not good enough for my beloved, he pursues the matter.

"Did you use Zout?" ( a pre-treater)

"Well, no. It IS a work shirt right? Don't you have, like, one thousand of them?"

There is a lot of back and forth about stains and pre-treating. About looking your best regardless of how you are dressed. About, it's just a damn t-shirt, throw it away if there is a spot.

Really. Is a 7  dollar T worth my time to pre treat..not just pre-treat, but use a laundry brush to scrub the stain?

I think not. 

"Honey" I said. " I am not going to pretreat a dang T-shirt. My standards tell me it is not worth the effort, if yours say otherwise then pre treat to your hearts content."

At that time I wished my husbands name was Al, because "Anal Al" has such a nice ring to it.

And yes, he does pre treat his own t shirts.

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever." - Thomas Jefferson

“... sad moral of all human tales; ’Tis but the same rehearsal of the past; First freedom, and then glory—when that fails, Wealth, vice, corruption, barbarism at last.” – Roman Historian, Tacitus

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2013, 10:15:08 PM »

Heh. I pre-treat my own too. Every damn time I fry bacon. I've thought of an apron, but somehow I always think I can outsmart the splatter.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2013, 10:29:41 PM »

Heh. I pre-treat my own too. Every damn time I fry bacon. I've thought of an apron, but somehow I always think I can outsmart the splatter.

You pre-treat your tshirts? Another one!

Cue the picture of Donald Sutherland at the end of "invasion of the body snatchers".

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2013, 11:27:04 PM »

Fry nekkid?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2013, 02:22:25 AM »

Feh.  Cook it in the dang oven.  Disposable aluminum tray w/crumpled tinfoil on the bottom to keep the bacon up/out the grease.  Splatter's in the oven, not on the stovetop and the self-clean takes care of it (when ready).

----------

About stained clothing -- Gunsmith works in the garage on multiple projects, all dirty.  Sometimes filthy.  I wash those clothes, I don't worry about stains.  They're clean, but stained.  Tough.

Clothes have a hierarchy.  If you're doing something in a t-shirt you'd like to keep unstained, change your clothes first.  Once they're stained, they're okay for wearing around the house or for dirtier work, period.  Anything you want to wear out, don't wear for working in.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2013, 08:13:55 AM »

Fry nekkid?

::thinking:: OUCH!
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2013, 08:51:02 AM »
So when is the next installment? ::popcorn::

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2013, 10:26:07 AM »

Fry nekkid?

::thinking:: OUCH!

Hope the drapes are closed!   ::hysterical::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2013, 02:30:59 PM »
What's pre treat?
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2013, 05:16:55 PM »
What's pre treat?

Sweets before dinner?   ;D

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2013, 08:52:35 PM »
What's pre treat?

I think it means to use a stain remover on the article of clothing before you drop it in the wash. But what do I know - I can't even fold fitted sheets.

:o

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2013, 08:54:35 PM »

Sorry, my piece~o~crap job tends to drain most of my life-energy outta me. And today was Bluegrass.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2013, 01:50:25 AM »

Sorry, my piece~o~crap job tends to drain most of my life-energy outta me. And today was Bluegrass.

Foggy Mountain Breakdown?

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2013, 06:54:03 PM »
  I jusyt asked the wife if she knows how to fols a fitted sheet and of course Mrs. I know everything does and yes she pretreats and a stain in anything just drives her to distraction.

Since I don't give a crap about stains I will leave the house in anything I happen to have on at the time which freacks her out because she feels it reflects on her.

I on the other hand don't care what a world full of people that don't know me or I them think about the damned stain on a T SHIRT.

She's tried for 41 years to get abudge out of me on that but so far I wear whatever I have on to any damned place I need to go.

Soup I'm hanging here type something already!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie