Author Topic: #HeavenIsForReal  (Read 3302 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
#HeavenIsForReal
« on: November 21, 2013, 11:53:06 AM »
This could have gone in "Entertainment" because it's a movie. But it looks like a real faith-affirming movie, so I put it here...

Heaven is for Real: Official Trailer
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: #HeavenIsForReal
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 12:15:08 PM »
Vid not wanting to load properly, dammit.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 12:55:09 PM »
Try the Youtube version Pan. Definitely worth watching. Greg Kinnear is one of those easily likable actors, and from the looks of it, the little kid does a wonderful job.

Heaven Is For Real - Official Trailer - In Theaters Easter 2014
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 12:56:26 PM »
Oh, thank you, IDP.  I didn't think to look on YouTube.

eta:  Ooo boy!  Talk about goosebumps .....
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 12:59:59 PM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 01:00:52 PM »
This is SOOOOOO awesome......loved the line about the the kid asking if his sister would be punished for defending him....and Dad's response....."Heck no, she is going to teach us to punch without hurting our hand!"
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 01:06:16 PM »
I just sent my wife away bawling. A friend gave her this book after both her sisters died, but she never read it. She watched the trailer and the emotions came flooding.

Say a lil prayer for her please? She holds it in well most of the time, but the loss of her only two siblings in such a short period of time really throws her for a loop. It comes up at odd times - or when I clumsily forget and play her a trailer about seeing loved ones in heaven.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 01:07:21 PM »
Alright.  Prayers sent.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 02:15:08 PM »
 ::praying::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 02:50:49 PM »
Losing a loved one is never easy. We'll keep your wife in our hearts and prayers, IDP. ::praying::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Magnum

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2013, 04:35:34 PM »
IDP I am so sorry to hear about your wife. I just can't imagine.

I was just in prayer for your wife and family.
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2013, 07:43:25 PM »
I just remembered you both in prayer, brother. Releasing those emotions always proves to be a good & healthy experience; may her good memories mingle with her tears so that she and you may walk together in blessing.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2013, 10:24:45 PM »
Thanks for prayers guys. She's was feeling much better, very soon after. Her bouts with sadness come less frequently and depart more quickly these days. I was just not thinking of it when I played her this movie trailer. Little things like that can trigger her sadness.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2013, 08:19:40 AM »
Glad to hear it, Sir. Is she aware of her support group here?
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2013, 08:39:12 AM »
She knows I have praying friends here who share each other's prayer needs. I didn't tell her I asked for you guys to pray yesterday though; didn't want to bring it up again, ya know?

Sometimes she can talk about her sisters as if everything is how it used to be, and sometimes the littlest thing will make her profoundly sad at the loss of them. Yesterday was the latter, and it was my fault, so I just left well enough alone after the tears subsided.

But thanks for all the prayers, from the bottom of my heart guys. Means the world.

For those who are newer and may not know, my wife lost both her sisters to addiction within a year of each other. Her little sister basically wasted away and died on prescription drugs, and several months later her older sister drank until her organs shut down.

Both addictions were long, long-term. Everyone saw the brick wall, but no one was able to do anything about it.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2013, 04:45:31 AM »
Guys:
There are some things happening in my life right now that I cannot explain. One example: There are times that i struggle to write things that have value, and other times the message flows out of my head as if I am transcribing the thoughts of another. It is so effortless, I can't really take credit for the piece.

A few months ago, I spent some time talking to a friend who was struggling, as we all do from time to time. I wrote some phrases down on a piece of paper, then decided to go at it and finish. The final result was so far removed from what I had originally thought about. Here it is. Enjoy.

Safe Harbor
When you find yourself in stormy seas,
Life or death, a slight matter of degrees.
When the howling winds refuse to abate,
Unsure of your direction, which course to take.
The new moon is hidden behind angry clouds,
Whitecaps break mercilessly across your bow.
Your compass of no use, broken long ago
Searching for the North Star’s light to show.
Don’t lose all hope with the darkening sky
I can’t save you, though given the chance, I’d try.
Your Savior is there, your soul is safe.
His hand reaches out for yours to take.
To lead you to safe harbor in His arms.
Safe harbor is there in His arms.

The rocks and sand bars demand your freight.
The Deceiver stands ready, your very soul to take.
Safe harbor is there, a protected cove.
Let the oceans rage outside of those
Whose only wish to sink your ship of dreams.
Set your own course, to find any means
To reach safe harbor, in His arms.

When the seas beat hard against your ship,
When your decision’s made you’ve had enough of it.
You feel abandonment is your only choice.
Don’t do it, listen to your inner voice.
Uncertainty and doubt are your enemy now.
Your courage and faith will show you how.
To change your course, to point your bow
To reach safe harbor in His arms.

When the North Wind screams on a moonless night.
Your emotions gaining in confusion and fright.
A steady hand needed to beat back the worst.
You mutter ‘to hell with the Seaman’s Curse.’
On the horizon, it’s there, a distant light!
You may reach it, if you try, you just might.
To reach safe harbor there in His arms.

© 2013
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2013, 05:18:55 AM »
Guys:
There are some things happening in my life right now that I cannot explain. One example: There are times that i struggle to write things that have value, and other times the message flows out of my head as if I am transcribing the thoughts of another. It is so effortless, I can't really take credit for the piece.

A few months ago, I spent some time talking to a friend who was struggling, as we all do from time to time. I wrote some phrases down on a piece of paper, then decided to go at it and finish. The final result was so far removed from what I had originally thought about. Here it is. Enjoy.

Very nice!
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2013, 06:54:14 AM »
Good stuff BAS!   ::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2013, 07:24:21 AM »
Great read. ::thumbsup::

Thomas Jefferson

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2013, 07:31:58 AM »
Wife and I both read the book.  Hope they also have the other little 8 year old girl that painted the picture of Jesus, in the movie.  They have that picture in the book, amazing to see the detail from that young, she is truly gifted.  According to the little girl the picture of Jesus we all grew up with doesn't resemble who she saw, and she painted him, as she remembered from seeing him.  (PS - One of our retired ministers wives mentioned in her class lesson about the book, that picture is available at Family Christian Book Store.  [And yes - we bought it].)

From my own experience; surviving brain surgery caused by two aneurysm's that burst in 2003, I believe in a higher power.   
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2013, 12:40:38 PM »
Finally got to watch the video. Looks like a must see movie. ::thumbsup::

Thomas Jefferson