Author Topic: Obama did it  (Read 1368 times)

charlesoakwood

Obama did it
« on: April 21, 2012, 12:10:50 PM »

Nothing more dramatically underscore's and highlight's President Obama's incompetence, poor judgement and poor leadership than his failures in Afghanistan. His presidential campaign insisted Afghanistan should be the focus even though President Bush eliminated Afghanistan as a terrorist staging and training area; President Bush had eliminated Afghanistan as a regional threat and as an international threat.  President Obama succeeded in reversing that success while at the same time increasing exponentially the number of Afghanistan civilian and NATO military casualties in Afghanistan.

Afghanistan is now a national nightmare.  Obama did it.

Thursday, April 19, 2012
President Obama has lost Afghanistan.   The war is turning into a catastrophic defeat - one that will be worse than Vietnam. It is time to bring the troops home, and end this national nightmare.

15 July 2008
    "As president, I will make the fight against al-Qaida and the Taliban [Afghanistan] the top priority that it should be. This is a war that we have to win," he said.
 The flurry of activity comes a day after an Obama op-ed piece in the New York Times that called for the additional Afghanistan brigades and argued the U.S. faces a growing threat from a resurgent al-Qaida in Afghanistan.

excerpts from: Transcript of Speech as Prepared for Delivery:

A New Strategy for a New World
    Senator Barack Obama
    Washington, D.C.
    July 15, 2008
It was time - once again - for America's might and moral suasion to be harnessed; it was time to once again shape a new security strategy for an ever-changing world.

Imagine,...
We could have deployed...
We could have secured...
We could have invested...
We could have strengthened...
We could have called...
We could have secured...
We could have rebuilt...
We could have done ...

Instead, we have lost thousands of American lives, spent nearly a trillion dollars, alienated allies and neglected emerging threats - all in the cause of fighting a war for well over five years in a country that had absolutely nothing to do with the 9/11 attacks.
   I am running for President of the United States to lead this country in a new direction - to seize this moment's promise.
That's why the second goal of my new strategy will be taking the fight to al Qaeda in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
 I will send at least two additional combat brigades to Afghanistan, and use this commitment to seek greater contributions - with fewer restrictions - from NATO allies. I will focus on training Afghan security forces and supporting an Afghan judiciary, with more resources and incentives for American officers who perform these missions. Just as we succeeded in the Cold War by supporting allies who could sustain their own security, we must realize that the 21st century's frontlines are not only on the field of battle - they are found in the training exercise near Kabul, in the police station in Kandahar, and in the rule of law in Herat.

July 15, 2008  
"And yet today, we have five times more troops in Iraq than Afghanistan."
In what is being billed as a major policy speech, Obama declared this morning that if elected president, he would redirect attention and US forces to Afghanistan.
"As President, I will pursue a tough, smart and principled national security strategy -- one that recognizes that we have interests not just in Baghdad, but in Kandahar and Karachi, in Tokyo and London, in Beijing and Berlin," he continued. "I will focus this strategy on five goals essential to making America safer: ending the war in Iraq responsibly; finishing the fight against al Qaeda and the Taliban; securing all nuclear weapons and materials from terrorists and rogue states; achieving true energy security; and rebuilding our alliances to meet the challenges of the 21st century."

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Obama did it
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 12:54:56 PM »
Of his 5 goals....No, I don't see any he accomplished.

1) Ending war in iraq responsibly....No
2) Finishing the fight against taliban and alqueda.....No
3) Securing all nuke weapons and materials from rogue nations....No
4) Achieving true (cough cough) energy security.......Hell No
5) Rebuilding alliences to meet the 21st century.....No.

A walking, talking, dog eating, muslim worshipping, christian hating, czar loving, 5 trillion cluster*uck.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 01:02:47 PM »
But, but but....

He personally got bin laden

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 04:30:38 AM »
Of his 5 goals....No, I don't see any he accomplished.

1) Ending war in iraq responsibly....No
2) Finishing the fight against taliban and alqueda.....No
3) Securing all nuke weapons and materials from rogue nations....No
4) Achieving true (cough cough) energy security.......Hell No
5) Rebuilding alliences to meet the 21st century.....No.

A walking, talking, dog eating, muslim worshipping, christian hating, czar loving, 5 trillion cluster*uck.

The son-of-a-bitch lies like a ... prayer rug !

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 02:09:44 PM »
But, but but....

He personally got bin laden

Yeah, that one will never stop burning my butt!  SEALs got bin_laden, then thanks to his Afghanization BS, it's probable that a rat got our SEALs whacked!

I cannot loath this POS any more, he just keeps piling on the reasons why I despise him so!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.