Author Topic: John Glenn, 95  (Read 1096 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
John Glenn, 95
« on: December 08, 2016, 03:21:19 PM »
http://www.weaselzippers.us/312292-breaking-john-glenn-first-american-to-orbit-the-earth-has-died/

After yesterdays news I figured this wouldn't be a long wait...

And I can honor his military service and astronaut achievements even if I don't care a damn about his politics or party.

My first squadron in my Navy tour was the last squadron to ever fly active duty F-8 Crusader's, the same plane Glenn broke the transcontinental speed record with and the same plane that took the photos of Cuba used in the Missile Crisis so we didn't have to disclose the operational effectiveness of the high altitude U2 missions.

It's a beautiful big-engined single-seat rocket and I was fortunate to see one of ours to a supersonic fly-by just a 100' off the deck.  It is known as The Last Gunfighter...though after early poor performance in Vietnam guns were later added back to fighters. 

So, it is a bit of a mixed bag with Glenn for me.

And prepare to be insulted any second now...Obama is probably fielding ideas to insert himself into this story...maybe he has a selfie of himself crying to a picture of Glenn?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: John Glenn, 95
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 07:58:26 PM »
And I can honor his military service and astronaut achievements even if I don't care a damn about his politics or party.

He was definitely and American Hero and Icon....before he got into politics. Then he just got to be an attention whore.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson