Author Topic: Interesting Read on Oregon and similar efforts  (Read 1791 times)

Offline sfetter

Interesting Read on Oregon and similar efforts
« on: February 09, 2016, 01:44:35 PM »

https://www.oathkeepers.org/what-is-the-best-method-of-rebellion-against-tyranny/

Based on how Oregon is working out,  I hope there is better planning on any efforts in the future.  Maybe better planning can produce better results in Texas where a very similar land grab is taking shape.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Interesting Read on Oregon and similar efforts
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 07:05:56 PM »
EXCELLENT read.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline fordguy_85

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 11:01:26 PM »
Eric Morgan
"Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed the conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" - Thomas Jefferson

"Opinions and instructions do not outmatch the Constitution. Against it, they are void." - Calvin Coolidge

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 07:55:52 AM »
Good points, good critique of Bundy & Co, good analogy to the Boston Massacre too, while it may have been a bungled effort it still serves a purpose.  People must and will be more thoughtful in their approach to highlight and confront Fedcoat tyranny.  This will be fought in many ways and on different fronts...asymmetric as Smith explains.  At some point groups will gravitate to one another and compose larger groups better suited to certain actions, but the freedom of movement and action of smaller cells is the template that will frustrate the Statists the most.  One of the better overall posts on the subject I've seen in a while.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 11:32:40 AM »
asymmetric as Smith explains.  At some point groups will gravitate to one another and compose larger groups better suited to certain actions, but the freedom of movement and action of smaller cells is the template that will frustrate the Statists the most.

Precisely, and it makes perfect sense if thinks about for one minute, for instance, it suits the Statists that there are no longer multitudes of small businesses to keep after, but a few big ones are easier to control.  Same for banks, etc.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 12:18:44 PM »
asymmetric as Smith explains.  At some point groups will gravitate to one another and compose larger groups better suited to certain actions, but the freedom of movement and action of smaller cells is the template that will frustrate the Statists the most.

Precisely, and it makes perfect sense if thinks about for one minute, for instance, it suits the Statists that there are no longer multitudes of small businesses to keep after, but a few big ones are easier to control.  Same for banks, etc.

The Statists always feed the seeds of more discontent...we know this all too well from history...the more they aim to control the masses holed up in their captivity centers, the more the people resent it...and some will only passively resent it, but that is to the benefit of Liberty Forces, not the State...it allows more infiltration of the State's Core and subversion from within, as well as a lucrative conduit for the underground economy that saps more resources for the State to expropriate.

Offline richb

• Established Member

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 07:37:20 AM »
It is good, but the disparagement of Bundy seems overblown. I understand his critique and there is much merit within it, but I don't recall Bundy and party rolling in like "carpetbaggers" and "patting the locals on the head" or treating them "like children". And he negates his bad actions do no good argument by drawing lessons from their tactics of occupying the refuge, which of its self is beneficial and in no way absolves the Fedcoats of excessive force in the slaying of LaVoy. In his ad hom attack on Bundy and party he comes off as arrogant and condescending of action- oriented people in the Liberty Movement.  At some point these people will be needed, all Smith is doing by calling them stupid is ensuring they stay apart. Perhaps the latter is strategically intentional.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2016, 12:28:15 PM »
The father of Ammon Bundy, Cliven Bundy (of the former stand-off), was arrested yesterday (this morning?) at the airport in Oregon "on charges stemming from 2014".

So, now the Feds have him, too.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2016, 07:14:25 AM »
Just taking care if loose ends...nothing to see here America, resume your freedumbs and Kardashian ass watching...

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2016, 04:34:37 PM »
My take from the article? It will be necessary to vet all participants in the 'occupation.' You all know damned well that the Feds will be looking to insert an operative, for intelligence gathering purposes, if not for provocation.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2016, 07:20:34 AM »
Yup.  Those you ferret out and leave dangling from a streetlight as a warning...