Author Topic: Unless there is more to this story, Breckinridge KY Sheriffs just went Gestapo  (Read 7664 times)

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero

I still trust that most cops want to do the right thing. Surely there is room and reason to be wary, and question things when they don't seem right. But destroying a family because they don't have electricity is either way too sensationalist to be true, or it is going to risk destroying the career of any government official involved. That doesn't seem like a gamble more than one zealous bureaucrat would be willing to make - let alone entire departments across multiple agencies.

I dug into this one a bit.  From the hear-say I suspect they are A-holes. They allegedly  don't pay bills, they pass bad checks, they steal from and trespass on neighbors,  and most who have dealing with them dislike them - at least enough to call them out as not being saints in this situation.  I have also found some who like them ( but for the most part they are internet dealings, not up close and personal)  But being an A-hole isn't "child abuse" .. at least not yet.  And in  today's world, people living without electricity and running water are going to seem crazy - denying their children those modern conveniences. But that is what they are. Being deprived of them isn't "abuse" even if some pampered 1st world sheriff decided it is.  In reality I suspect that this family has caused local LE enough trouble they decided to "teach them a lesson" - and it should be a career ending move for them.  Maybe evidence will surface that actual abuse, rather than normal 19th century living conditions, is the problem. Like Soup, I  haven't seen any evidence of it, and, like Soup,  I also think  I could be providing those kids better conditions than they have. That doesn't mean those kids are unloved, uncared for, or abused.  I grew up with Liberal A_holes and the state didn't come to rescue me. I endured it till I was 18 - and then longer till I decided they cost more than they benefit.

As the government continues to try and persecute those who live without being dependent upon it , they are , of course, going to choose battles where the victims are less than perfect, to normalize and gain acceptance for the persecution. The next case will just be ASSUMED to be bad -even if it isn't.

This is where it ends --with Obama upholding NAZI laws.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
But destroying a family because they don't have electricity is either way too sensationalist to be true, or it is going to risk destroying the career of any government official involved. That doesn't seem like a gamble more than one zealous bureaucrat would be willing to make - let alone entire departments across multiple agencies.

Just look at our federal government. It's full of just such bureaucrats. Complete disregard for the Constitution has become a daily ritual.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
But destroying a family because they don't have electricity is either way too sensationalist to be true, or it is going to risk destroying the career of any government official involved. That doesn't seem like a gamble more than one zealous bureaucrat would be willing to make - let alone entire departments across multiple agencies.

Just look at our federal government. It's full of just such bureaucrats. Complete disregard for the Constitution has become a daily ritual.

Yeah, I know. Believe me, I get it. I'm not saying this isn't a case of government run amok. I'm just saying that unless I get more information, I'm not inclined to buy this at face value. The story doesn't smell true   whole to me yet.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 07:06:48 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders

Yeah, I know. Believe me, I get it. I'm not saying this isn't a case of government run amok. I'm just saying that unless I get more information, I'm not inclined to buy this at face value. The story doesn't smell true   whole to me yet.

For good reason and that is because it is complicated. It's complicated and crappy. Weisshaupt spelled it out nicely by illustrating that (just like life itself) there are more bad guys than good, there are more a-holes than angels, and there are more trials than triumphs. The parents are crappy people who appear to be contrarians. That sort make their own (bad) luck. The kids are kids. God bless 'em. They deserve to be with their mom and dad unless someone can prove that they're being neglected or abused.

If it were me I would give them a trailer or camper so that they had a little more to work with before I spent much time tearing apart what little they do have. Heck, in the past I've done exactly that.

I also freely admit that I carry a heavy bias. I took my trip in the bucket with CPS and the "family court" - there's one experience that I would not wish on anyone.  Well, not lightly anyway.

So sfetter - I appreciate your point of view. I say we continue to hold judgment and pray for the kids.

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
And a rebuttal of the critical article I posted..

the court has not returned their children but to be fair this case has gone high-profile, so the judge is probably just erring on the side of caution..

also from drudge today  1 in 7 live without access to electricity

That's access - to a generator etc. Not grid connected. And not counting for the fact that the rids in most 3rd world countries are one 25-50%  of the time.. not reliable enough to even run a freezer or a fridge.  The Nauglers have a generator so they are one of the 6....

« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 10:23:37 AM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Once CPS gets their hooks in there's very little chance that anything good will come of it.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Like I said earlier and Weisshaupt basically alluded to, these people were singled out because they can be made to look pathetic and because they can find people who don't like them...I understand IDP's reservations but the benefit of the doubt must reside with the public, with the parents...not the state!  Things are so upside down now that the state has more compelling interest in everything and the people are chattel, that crappy mindset has to end, that is not how we were founded!  I don't even care if the family is in squalor, if they are happy, together and healthy the state can go bugger itself, and the busybodies who support the state can join them.  And look out for that manufactured BS I warned about!  Progs are not immune from doing dirty tricks and filthy lies to get what they want and to punish those they despise, and I bet CPS is rife with Progs!  If somebody can bring forth credible evidence of abuse then fine, I'll be the first to condemn the guilty, until then this is government overreach pure and simple.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.