Author Topic: EMP Coalition...what Gingrich has been up to recently  (Read 2140 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
EMP Coalition...what Gingrich has been up to recently
« on: March 28, 2014, 02:19:41 PM »
Nation Journal article link

Within a year, nine out of 10 Americans could be dead. And whatever causes the national apocalypse—be it North Korean malice or the whims of the sun—the downfall will ultimately be our own fault.

That's the fear of Newt Gingrich and other members of a high-profile coalition who are convinced that our fragile electrical grid could be wiped out at any moment.

Their concern? Electromagnetic pulses, the short bursts of energy—caused by anything from a nuclear blast to a solar flare—that can wreak havoc on electrical systems on a massive scale. And the coalition believes it's coming soon.

"I think we're running out of time," said Peter Pry, a former CIA officer and head of a congressional advisory board on national security. And if the worst happens? "This gets translated into mass fatalities, because our modern civilization can't feed, transport, or provide law and order without electricity," he said.

While some see the coalition as alarmist—and others dismiss them as out-and-out quacks—the coalition boasts some prominent and influential names. Pry and Gingrich are joined by former CIA Director James Woolsey.

"It wasn't difficult persuading them" to join the coalition, Pry said. Gingrich "has known about EMP and cared about it for many years."

Last year, Gingrich told members of Congress that an EMP attack "could be the kind of catastrophe that ends civilization—and that's not an exaggeration."

EMP Coalition site

Got myself a new 8500w generator, btw. Got it super cheap so I couldn't pass it up. Gotta build a cage for it now.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: EMP Coalition...what Gingrich has been up to recently
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 02:26:36 PM »
I was just reading this and noticed your post.   ::thumbsup::

90% of the population gone after one year?

I think I can make that 10% cut...assuming I can fend of the herds of zombies!   ::speechless::

People in the know always talk about the Carrington Event...and the benefit they had of not being 100% dependent on electricity then, and being locally self-dependent in terms of agriculture (food) and services (smiths and other tradesmen)...it is to their (our ancestors daily life) we need to look to, not to government!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 03:30:32 PM »
I was just reading this and noticed your post.   ::thumbsup::

90% of the population gone after one year?

I think I can make that 10% cut...assuming I can fend of the herds of zombies!   ::speechless::

You may not want to.  The EMP pulse is a Max Max style event.  One Second After has its problems, but its pretty much a good description of what it might be like. Its not pretty.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 10:02:11 PM »
And, speaking of the end of civilization...here is an article written by an astrobiologist about what might be needed to start civilization over again.

As for myself, I have a hardbound copy of "The Way Things Work". This book describes all sorts of technology from the simple to the complex because you never know when you might need to know something that you don't. I believe it is the sort of thing that every prepper should have on hand. Edited: BTW...used in good condition hardcovers are about $6 on Amazon.

BTW...while I'm on the topic of books. I'm reading this now. Nice little end of the USA by way of EMP attack story.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 10:29:47 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 06:36:58 AM »
Nice, Trap!  The Way Things Work looks like a nice addition to any library.

The novel looks interesting...give us a review when done.   ::thumbsup::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 06:55:14 AM »
Umm, OK...more articles about EMP?

::foilhathelicopter::

A paranoid person might be justified in their paranoia, you know?!

http://watchdog.org/138940/solar-flare-emp/

It's hard for me to think PTBs really give a flying fornication about the public at large...usually all they want to do is keep us calm and fleece us regularly...

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 07:53:46 PM »
Nation Journal article link

Within a year, nine out of 10 Americans could be dead. And whatever causes the national apocalypse—be it North Korean malice or the whims of the sun—the downfall will ultimately be our own fault.

That's the fear of Newt Gingrich and other members of a high-profile coalition who are convinced that our fragile electrical grid could be wiped out at any moment.

Their concern? Electromagnetic pulses, the short bursts of energy—caused by anything from a nuclear blast to a solar flare—that can wreak havoc on electrical systems on a massive scale. And the coalition believes it's coming soon.

"I think we're running out of time," said Peter Pry, a former CIA officer and head of a congressional advisory board on national security. And if the worst happens? "This gets translated into mass fatalities, because our modern civilization can't feed, transport, or provide law and order without electricity," he said.

While some see the coalition as alarmist—and others dismiss them as out-and-out quacks—the coalition boasts some prominent and influential names. Pry and Gingrich are joined by former CIA Director James Woolsey.

"It wasn't difficult persuading them" to join the coalition, Pry said. Gingrich "has known about EMP and cared about it for many years."

Last year, Gingrich told members of Congress that an EMP attack "could be the kind of catastrophe that ends civilization—and that's not an exaggeration."

EMP Coalition site

Got myself a new 8500w generator, btw. Got it super cheap so I couldn't pass it up. Gotta build a cage for it now.

Are you converting it to tri fuel?
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie