Author Topic: Happy Presidents Day  (Read 721 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Happy Presidents Day
« on: February 15, 2021, 12:45:12 PM »
Only counts through 45 though...

H/T-WZ
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Happy Presidents Day
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 04:36:36 PM »
There's no such thing.  Washington's birthday is the 22nd and Lincoln's was the 12th.  I don't care about Lincoln but Washington was/is worthy of his own day of recognition and who the hell wants to "celebrate" the rest of the presidents as though they were/are kings, particularly FDR and JoeBama.

Combining all into one "Presidents Day" was to appease the Federal workforce so they could get their friggin three-day weekend, seeing as how they work so hard and deserve *another* paid day off.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Happy Presidents Day
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021, 04:53:55 PM »
Yeah, I would cut off official honoring to participants in our Founding...and because I think Jackson is a total d-bag I would say everybody after JQ Adams doesn't deserve squat...though Reagan & Trump would get honorable mention for what they accomplished/endured in modern times...everybody else had flaws minor to major and can in general just bite me.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.