Author Topic: Mark Halperin gets canned at MSNBC for calling Obama a Dick  (Read 2733 times)

Offline michelleo

Mark Halperin calls Obama a dick on Morning Joe.
He requested getting bleeped before he said it, and the newbie in the booth didn't know how to do that.   ::rolllaughing::
Now he's suspended indefinitely.

Mark was stating the obvious, and clearly he was really fired because the koolaid is wearing off.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Mark Halperin gets canned at MSNBC for calling Obama a Dick
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 10:24:43 AM »
I saw it and I think it couldn't happen on a better station.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 11:15:14 AM »
Kids watch that show?

Child abuse!  Child abuse!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

RickZ

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 11:18:07 AM »
Now if only Halperin had called the critics of Sir Golfsalot 'dicks', he'd have kept his MSLSD gig.  Perspective, Mark, perspective.

When you watch the clip, what's even funnier is the reaction of the faux conservative, Joe Skankborough.  You'd've thought somebody shot off his dick with an Operation Gunwalker evil black rifle.  The look of unsettled surprise at having the Mighty O! called the truth was most entertaining.

Lean forward there, Mark, makes the headchopping easier.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 11:40:16 AM »
If he'd have called George Bush a dick, he'd have been fast-tracked to the top of the pundit list.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 12:00:46 PM »
DAMN ! I was watching this morning but I sure missed THAT !  ::gaah:: ;D ::thumbsup:: ::beertoast:: ::hysterical:: ::mooning:: ::USA::

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 02:01:53 PM »
Halperin asked if the 7 second delay was on.

He clearly wanted to say what he said for the benefit of the studio audience while thinking that (somehow) no one watching on television would be able to understand. He didn't cover his mouth when he said it, though, so anyone could read his lips even if they had managed to blank it out.

Equally funny was his "absolute" and "heartfelt" apology to the president. Given the context and how it happened, this has to be the most disingenuous apology I have seen in a very long while.

He should have said, "I apologize for using the word "dick." I meant to say "boob" and somehow I said "dick" and I am very sorry for getting my anatomical insults mixed up. Everyone needs to chill out and cut me some slack. You'd think I had called him an asshole or something."

That would have made more sense and would have been honest.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 02:03:22 PM »
I bet the technician was a closet repub.  ::evil::
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 02:07:25 PM »
Just remember: Halperin is a lib. He offered up a comment that he felt comfortable and safe in saying (minus the part about it going out over the air and becoming a youtube classic). That means that this kind of talk and this kind of opinion are commonplace amongst his associates and colleagues.

That's the real news here.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 02:11:19 PM »
And if there was any justice in the world this would be a big segment tonight on Hardball.

You can just see Chris Matthews now..

"So, Mark Halperin thinks that President O'Bama is a dick. So let's go to the panel. Norah, is he a dick?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2011, 02:16:08 PM »

It looked like 10 yr. old's doing a set-up.
As for Nora, she fulfills the adage "to be seen and not heard".

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2011, 02:19:05 PM »
These vids need to be embedded here...

And then the follow up...

Only through the miracle of makeup does Halperin not look deathly pale as he utters his apology. They probably had to sedate him after the break. You can almost read the mind of the guy sitting next to him..."Man, I sure am glad I'm me and not you. I still have a future in broadcast news." The guy even flashes a smile at the end of Halperin's apology as if to say, "Yeah, good luck with that."

Alex the broadcast engineer, being a union member, almost certainly has nothing to worry about. Halperin, on the other hand, will be doing the weather in Peoria for the next five years or so.

Seriously, though, the fallout from this is not over. When you watch the first vid it is clear that Scarborough and his ventriloquist dummy sidekick set Halperin up for this. They almost begged him to say something about O'Bama that was not able to be aired. I'm certain that they didn't expect or want it to actually go out but they most certainly solicited the comment. Halperin was an idiot for doing it but that's his problem. I'm pretty sure that everyone involved will get the crap beaten out of them over this.

Now on the other hand, this is probably the most that Morning Joe has done in ratings and viewership in its entire history.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 02:32:20 PM by trapeze »

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2011, 02:31:11 PM »
Just remember: Halperin is a lib. He offered up a comment that he felt comfortable and safe in saying (minus the part about it going out over the air and becoming a youtube classic). That means that this kind of talk and this kind of opinion are commonplace amongst his associates and colleagues.

That's the real news here.

Add to that the implied admission of censorship.
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2011, 02:33:27 PM »
Someone needs to find and post the entire unedited segment. That would be pure comedy gold.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2011, 02:50:48 PM »
Okay, here is a bit longer version. Minka looks like a dick trying to control her laughter.

Mark Halperin Calls President Obama a "Dick"

At the very end it begins to dawn on them that the seven second delay did not happen and you can just hear Halperin say, "...end of my career."

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2011, 02:57:16 PM »
This one has a bit more at the very end:

MSNBC's Mark Halperin calls President Obama a 'dick'

Offline michelleo

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2011, 03:05:26 PM »
And if there was any justice in the world this would be a big segment tonight on Hardball.

"So, Mark Halperin thinks that President O'Bama is a dick. So let's go to the panel. Norah, is he a dick?"

::hysterical::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2011, 06:46:31 PM »

::hysterical::

Norah - "I dunno."

Matthews - "So you don't know dick?"

::laughonfloor::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2011, 07:53:00 PM »
AP at HotAir:

I do think they’re bothered by it and not without reason. “Obama’s a dick” is basically the opposite of the “adult in the room” crap they’re pushing as their 2012 messaging. It’s one thing for conservative media to say stuff like that (without the profanity, natch), it’s another to have it come in bracing, sensational form on cable news from a guy like Halperin who, for better or worse (read: worse), influences the CW among Beltway political journalists.

Translation: You can't undo a fart.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2011, 07:54:34 PM »
Whoopi Goldberg: Well sure he's a dick but he's not a dick dick.