Author Topic: Today's Feel Good Story!  (Read 702 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Today's Feel Good Story!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 01:31:01 PM »
Oh yes, all warm and fuzzy.

For Pete's sake, the law and enforcement of it are so damned far apart it's ludicrous. You'd think that upon discovery, every single illegal alien would be detained and deported. But nooooo... not here in America.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 02:50:22 PM »
The rude irony is that the illegal was not the law breaker.  
The law breakers however were either legally in the US or they are citizens.  

Be aware that there is certain group of persons who believe taking advantage of, cheating, screwing,  
taking property, and subjugating all others is more than a life's work, it is the soul of their religion.  
Every time they seduce or disadvantage another they are one step closer to their god.
They are barbarians regardless how educated or well mannered they are.  Beware.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 04:00:04 PM »
The rude irony is that the illegal was not the law breaker....

Hmmm? Maybe I don't get your meaning. An illegal alien, not a lawbreaker?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 04:49:41 PM »
I'm not trying to split hairs.  The man went to the store, not with a pistol but with money he earned he bought a ticket, won and then tried to cash it and was cheated.  

I think the bigger story is these SOBs that are legitimately in this country because of our lax immigration laws, these same SOBs whose life's work, whose religion and faith is to lie, cheat and steal every thing we have and hold dear, then enslave or kill us.

This story made the news only because a wetback was involved.  The SOB story happens hundreds of times a day.  I'm not trying to exonerate the illegal.  It's just that this story illustrates one of the ways these SOBs who are waging jihad against us operate with virtual impunity.

Offline Janny

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 05:14:58 PM »

As far as I understand, based on the law, he was eligible to buy the ticket.   His citizenship status doesn't enter into it. The store owners tried to screw him out of it, after he won. What they did was illegal. Now, if it turns out that his immigration status made it illegal to buy the ticket, then he was ALSO a law breaker IN THIS CASE, but the only criteria I could find was that you have to be 18 or over to buy a lottery ticket.

ttomm46

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 07:33:17 PM »

As far as I understand, based on the law, he was eligible to buy the ticket.   His citizenship status doesn't enter into it. The store owners tried to screw him out of it, after he won. What they did was illegal. Now, if it turns out that his immigration status made it illegal to buy the ticket, then he was ALSO a law breaker IN THIS CASE, but the only criteria I could find was that you have to be 18 or over to buy a lottery ticket.
they don't look legal to me..an Illegal and three Muzzies... ::laserkill::
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 07:36:47 PM by ttomm46 »