Author Topic: Meghan McCain Slams Breitbart As Hateful Extremist  (Read 3994 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Meghan McCain Slams Breitbart As Hateful Extremist
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2012, 10:31:34 AM »
There seems to have been a wave of the "where is the civil Right" stuff lately. E. J. Dionne just tired it again, and then there was that article  over at Salon I ran across.

Every time our attack dogs start getting somewhere there is always a round of hand wringing over how awful those attack dogs are, how we are "becoming like them" or other such nonsense.  Don't shoot at the enemy - or we will be just like them! Hell yeah. Better then lying dead in a trench.  There are still too many "go along to get along" conservatives who just don't understand the Left has no interest in keeping promises to us. Compromise is impossible because they will not hold up their end of the deal, and they laugh at our civility as weakness.  The line got drawn and they WILL NOT CROSS.  You don't want to defend the line, then get on the other side of it.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2012, 11:14:10 AM »
From Weisshaupt's link:

Yet Dionne claims that contemporary conservatives betray the tradition of Buckley by trying to “dismantle” the New Deal. Actually, conservatives are trying to find ways to keep the underling {sic} promises of New Deal and New Deal inspired programs (Social Security and Medicare) in the face of ballooning debt.

*sigh* Doomed to failure as underlined by the latter clause.  I suppose this cannot be made CLEAR due to the risk of being labeled an extremist.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2012, 11:26:10 AM »
"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution, or that have failed their purpose, or that impose on the people an unwarranted financial burden. I will not attempt to discover whether legislation is "needed" before I have first determined whether it is constitutionally permissible. And if I should later be attacked for neglecting my constituents' "interests," I shall reply that I was informed that their main interest is liberty and that in that cause I am doing the very best I can." - Barry Goldwater, "The Conscience of A Conservative", 1960), p. 15.

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater, 1964 Republican Presidential Candidate Acceptance Speech.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2012, 11:47:14 AM »
Yeah, that was before he got old, sickly and his "nurse-companion" fed his dementia.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2012, 01:02:51 PM »
True, but he was right.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2012, 01:25:25 PM »
Yes.  WAS.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2012, 01:28:16 PM »
Maybe his exit will ultimately be judged to be less harsh than our own...the way things are going...sick and demented might not be so bad...   ::unknowncomic::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2012, 01:50:48 PM »
Maybe his exit will ultimately be judged to be less harsh than our own...the way things are going...sick and demented might not be so bad...   ::unknowncomic::

Maybe, Libertas.  I just know I'm disgusted with the "libs" being able to use against us Goldwater's pro-homo stance toward the end of his life

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2012, 01:55:00 PM »

Maybe, Libertas.  I just know I'm disgusted with the "libs" being able to use against us Goldwater's pro-homo stance toward the end of his life

Who knows exploitation better than a libiot?  They exploit everything and anything.  But, some people either are unwilling or unable (or in Barry's case too feeble) to tell the thugs and bullies to go to hell.

It's why I'd like to deal with them while I am still able...I fear the day I am unable to fight the good fight.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2012, 02:24:01 PM »
True, but he was right.

Echo what Pan said. He was right when he was right, but as his dementia overtook him he lost his grounding. His pro-homosexual statements at the end were gobbledygook and anti-ethical to the conservative principles he championed previously.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2012, 02:36:49 PM »
Maybe that's what's wrong with MeggieMac. Maybe she is suffering from early onset dementia.

Or maybe her father dropped her on her head a few times when she was in infant.

Or maybe she ingested a whole lot of drugs in high school and/or college and it aided in pickling her brain.

Or maybe she suffers from some kind of mental birth defect.

Or maybe there are mental degradation effects previously undiscovered which are caused by eating a whole lot of chicken.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2012, 02:40:46 PM »
Meghan's favorite question:

"Can I get that with gravy?"
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2012, 04:17:19 PM »
Maybe that's what's wrong with MeggieMac. Maybe she is suffering from early onset dementia.

Or maybe she ingested a whole lot of drugs in high school and/or college and it aided in pickling her brain.

Or maybe there are mental degradation effects previously undiscovered which are caused by eating a whole lot of chicken.

Maybe she is just like every other liberal.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2012, 11:36:22 PM »

When I attain his age and a nurse like his I'll say anything she wants.

I think he lost the election because he scared the hell out of everybody
with his honest war talk while LBJ, knowing and planning to expand the
war, lied and said he was not going to engage the U.S. in war.  People
didn't want to engage in a war in some little two bit country while the
politicos were talking of it's necessity to stop the continuation of Red
China.  It was like WTF are you talking about.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2012, 07:39:16 AM »
"When I attain his age and a nurse like his I'll say anything she wants."

::hysterical::

Oh, and LBJ lied and lots of our boys died, end of story.

I think if Barry had been in there, the conflict would not have been allowed to be micro-managed and the war would have been prosecuted without the ridiculous off-limits restrictions Johnson personally issued and the press corps would not have had the complete access it had.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2012, 06:13:52 PM »

All of those give a reason to feel bad for her so I' not going down any of those roads and will stick to just plain stupid and you can't fix stupid.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2012, 09:02:32 PM »

All of those give a reason to feel bad for her so I' not going down any of those roads and will stick to just plain stupid and you can't fix stupid.

I believe the only reason she gets face time on the tube because liberals think it infuriates the conservative base...... But with me, I don't pay attention to assclowns like her. I don't take her seriously, she is there for the joke factor as far as I am concerned.

She has no credibility....with the left or right. She is a tool.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2012, 09:21:59 PM »
Well, if it's a bridge over water, she's safe due to the ginormous bobbers she's sporting.

It's so sweet of you to express such concern for her safety!
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2012, 09:55:42 PM »
Well, if it's a bridge over water, she's safe due to the ginormous bobbers she's sporting.

It's so sweet of you to express such concern for her safety!

I know! Right?!  That's me, jes' sweet alllllll over.