Author Topic: NY State To Enact Defacto Total Semi Auto Gun Ban  (Read 1936 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
NY State To Enact Defacto Total Semi Auto Gun Ban
« on: January 14, 2013, 12:23:51 PM »
This is up on Drudge right now. The NY legislature in its infinite wisdom is going to attempt to effectively disarm its law abiding citizens by outlawing all guns that can hold more than seven rounds of ammo. This would eliminate almost every semi-auto pistol and rifle in existence.

Some of the comments on this article are saying that at least 1911's will still be legal and at least revolvers will still be legal. I find it amazing that even after all we have gone through with various incremental bans leading to outright defacto bans (cigarettes come to mind) that anyone would think that NY is not heading in any other direction.

This is the time for NY citizens to take a stand. Defy the law. Or move to a free state.

The tentative agreement would further restrict New York's ban on assault weapons and limit the size of magazines to seven bullets, rather than the current 10. Other elements, pushed by Republicans, would refine a mental health law that allows for civil confinement of people determined to be a threat to others.

I will never turn in or register my guns. Not ever.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: NY State To Enact Defacto Total Semi Auto Gun Ban
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 12:28:01 PM »
This is up on Drudge right now. The NY legislature in its infinite wisdom is going to attempt to effectively disarm its law abiding citizens by outlawing all guns that can hold more than seven rounds of ammo. This would eliminate almost every semi-auto pistol and rifle in existence.

Some of the comments on this article are saying that at least 1911's will still be legal and at least revolvers will still be legal. I find it amazing that even after all we have gone through with various incremental bans leading to outright defacto bans (cigarettes come to mind) that anyone would think that NY is not heading in any other direction.

This is the time for NY citizens to take a stand. Defy the law. Or move to a free state.

The tentative agreement would further restrict New York's ban on assault weapons and limit the size of magazines to seven bullets, rather than the current 10. Other elements, pushed by Republicans, would refine a mental health law that allows for civil confinement of people determined to be a threat to others.

I will never turn in or register my guns. Not ever.

I predict an increase in Violent Crime in New York. It couldn't happen to a nicer set of Narcissistic self-indulgent assholes.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 12:46:33 PM »
That's an easy prediction. Chicago has had 22 murders in 11 days this year. If only there was a way to speed this process up or, even better, see to it that only ObamaVoters are dispatched by the criminals that they empower, we would be well on the way to a more intelligent and responsible society.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 05:21:09 PM »
If I lived in NYC, I'd openly carry a pistol strapped to each ankle and one on each side. 7 rounds in each.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 06:59:07 AM »
I'll pass on living in NY, that phrase "living in NY" is a self-negating term, there is no "living" in NY, there is only servitude.

And not just "no" to registering guns but "HELL NO"!  They can take that Nazi crap up stuff it up their donkey slots!

And the asshole Speaker in NY Legislature is promising an assault weapons ban....stupid Nazi prick...they better go for everything because a hunting rifle can blow their Nazi brains out too!

::mooning::

ETA - Adolph Obama wants national registration!

Documented here by CO -

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,7422.120.html

::cussing::  that noise!

Rally the Militia!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 12:05:05 PM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 08:50:59 AM »
I am all for a craphole declining state to do something like this, so I can sit back and...

::popcorn::

You get what you vote for.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 08:52:23 AM »
Yeah, but these deep blue crapholes have a way of forcing their asininity into nationwide policy. What's the saying, "as California goes...."?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 09:52:04 AM »
Yeah, but these deep blue crapholes have a way of forcing their asininity into nationwide policy. What's the saying, "as California goes...."?

The Mayors of Morrisville, Chapel Hill and Durham, NC, have just joined Bloomberg's MAIG (Mayors Against Illegal Guns).
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 10:27:42 AM »

The Mayors of Morrisville, Chapel Hill and Durham, NC, have just joined Bloomberg's MAIG (Mayors Against Illegal Guns).
The NRA and GOA should set up a campaign that highlights the inherent safety issues that are normally associated with gun free zones and ramp it up to include major cities warning prospective tourist attraction spots. Talk about liberals shrieking. ::outrage::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

charlesoakwood

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 11:39:00 AM »

Drudge has started publishing self defense articles
he should make this topic permanent.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/15/3183246/two-robbery-suspects-shot-dead.html

http://www.kens5.com/news/SAPD-Car-thief-killed-another-wounded-outside-Stone-Oak-home-186923501.html

Good.  Because that dumbass Ed Schultz averred on tv that, paraphrasing, nobody ever successfully used a gun to thwart a murderer.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 12:07:25 PM »

The NRA and GOA should set up a campaign that highlights the inherent safety issues that are normally associated with gun free zones and ramp it up to include major cities warning prospective tourist attraction spots. Talk about liberals shrieking. ::outrage::

They should allow members to contribute funds to specific campaigns erecting gigantic billboards leading into these environs that it is easy pickin' for criminals!  Solves two problems...too many libiots in the nation and fewer criminals in sane areas!

::whoohoo::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 12:09:03 PM »

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/15/3183246/two-robbery-suspects-shot-dead.html

http://www.kens5.com/news/SAPD-Car-thief-killed-another-wounded-outside-Stone-Oak-home-186923501.html

Good.  Because that dumbass Ed Schultz averred on tv that, paraphrasing, nobody ever successfully used a gun to thwart a murderer.

Only in the specific case of this fat Nazi bastard I hope he is right.   ::evil::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 03:01:39 PM »

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2013, 08:38:35 PM »
Heh, perfect sign for the involuntary outed!

charlesoakwood

Re: Two people injured in accidental shooting at Raleigh gun show
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2013, 12:12:19 AM »

Here it is:

Per Weasel zZipper

Video Shows Democratic Attempt To Hide Their List Of Proposals Attacking 2nd Amendment-Confiscation, Release of Permit Holder Names, Database Of All Guns

Please Visit Assemblyman McLughlin's Facebook page to see the list from the video

[blockquote] Here it is. This is the video where I was asked to keep the Democrat proposals for the NY SAFE Act away from the public. This list was given to me by a colleague and it is not confidential.

This bill was an attack on the 2nd amendment and the Democrats clearly wanted to dismantle the work of the Founding Fathers. None of these amendments were included in the final bill thanks to us fighting back. I will not stand silent while these unpatriotic proposals are pathetically thrown at us a 11 o’clock at night:

1. Confiscation of “assault weapons”
    2. Confiscation of ten round clips
    3. Statewide database for ALL Guns
    4. Continue to allow pistol permit holder’s information
       to be replaced to the public
    5. Label semiautomatic shotguns with more than 5 rounds
       or pistol grips as “assault weapons”
    6. Limit the number of rounds in a magazine to 5 and
       confiscation and forfeiture of banned magazines
    7. Limit possession to no more than two (2) magazines
    8. Limit purchase of guns to one gun per person per
       month
    9. Require re-licensing of all pistol permit owners
    10. Require renewal of all pistol permits every    
        five years  
    11. State issued pistol permits
    12. Micro-stamping of all guns in New York State
    13. Require licensing of all gun ammo dealers
    14. Mandatory locking of guns at home
    15. Fee for licensing, registering weapons
[/blockquote]  

"And she said, 'ride 'em cowboy you can't make no money if you hit the ground'."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

charlesoakwood

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2013, 01:24:09 PM »

Nice to see not every NYer agrees with the DemoNazi Party.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2265174/Gunning-change-Thousands-armed-protestors-gather-state-capitols-pro-assault-rifle-rallies-country.html

Very telegenic, didn't see one image of that yesterday, where was Fair & Balanced TV representation?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 01:53:56 PM »

Nice to see not every NYer agrees with the DemoNazi Party.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2265174/Gunning-change-Thousands-armed-protestors-gather-state-capitols-pro-assault-rifle-rallies-country.html

Very telegenic, didn't see one image of that yesterday, where was Fair & Balanced TV representation?

I dunno, don't watch much of that anymore...giving equal time to our enemies is stupid, and expecting fairness from them makes you the fool.