Author Topic: What Do You Score On This Survey?  (Read 13816 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: What Do You Score On This Survey?
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2013, 02:45:12 PM »
Getting the SS money back from those who over-benefited/under-contributed is one thing...dealing with how the government absconded with it and blew it on (fill in the blank) is another...yet another item is the systematic destruction to the monetary base by Federal Reserve and Treasury Neo-Keynesian jackasses!  There is blame to go around...bottom line - all ponzi schemes have to end...but they won't, the kabuki continues...the debt piles higher and the printing presses continue to humm and all the giveaways to FreeShyters will chug along all the way up until the Great Global Collapse...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2013, 02:49:25 PM »
Both sides of the argument have been presented here and, I have to say, I agree with Weisshaupt.  And for anybody that won't, or can't, the reality is reality doesn't care about for how long and how much you paid, the money's gone and it isn't coming back anytime soon, if for no other reason that the young are catching on to the Ponzi-scheme system-rigging.  Now if they would only catch on to the "education" loan system-rigging as well.  Nevertheless, that which cannot last, won't.

The differences of opinions I see here, and I see them as passionate not mean or selfish, tells me a whole bunch of people in groups like ours, because of their self-interest, still have some ways to go on the issue of how much one should demand from another, and I say this with all due respect to my friends.

The Jews spent a generation, 40 years, wandering the desert before God relented, in order that those with the slave mentality would die out.  I hope to hell our regeneration will not take 40 years.

The fall of the great civilizations have taken far longer to recover from. The loss of the technology and lifestyle the people lost when the Romans fell was not recovered for some 1500 years. They had indoor plumbing before they fell. My grandfather refused to use the indoor toilet his entire life, because he was not raised with them and they seemed new and strange to a man born in America in the 1800's. I fear our fall will be worse than most expect unless we pray our way out of what we deserve. May the spirit of repentance overtake our nation before it is too late.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2013, 02:56:17 PM »
Both sides of the argument have been presented here and, I have to say, I agree with Weisshaupt.  And for anybody that won't, or can't, the reality is reality doesn't care about for how long and how much you paid, the money's gone and it isn't coming back anytime soon, if for no other reason that the young are catching on to the Ponzi-scheme system-rigging.  Now if they would only catch on to the "education" loan system-rigging as well.  Nevertheless, that which cannot last, won't.

The differences of opinions I see here, and I see them as passionate not mean or selfish, tells me a whole bunch of people in groups like ours, because of their self-interest, still have some ways to go on the issue of how much one should demand from another, and I say this with all due respect to my friends.

The Jews spent a generation, 40 years, wandering the desert before God relented, in order that those with the slave mentality would die out.  I hope to hell our regeneration will not take 40 years.

The fall of the great civilizations have taken far longer to recover from. The loss of the technology and lifestyle the people lost when the Romans fell was not recovered for some 1500 years. They had indoor plumbing before they fell. My grandfather refused to use the indoor toilet his entire life, because he was not raised with them and they seemed new and strange to a man born in America in the 1800's. I fear our fall will be worse than most expect unless we pray our way out of what we deserve. May the spirit of repentance overtake our nation before it is too late.

Right, CHF, and yet technology and standard of living not quite my point. 

It's going to take a whole lot of hard living, and dying, before there are enough left fit to continue on, having had the idea that the other fella owes them something for nothing, killed off or bred out (for the most part).
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2013, 03:02:45 PM »
...I fear our fall will be worse than most expect unless we pray our way out of what we deserve. May the spirit of repentance overtake our nation before it is too late.

Agreed 100%.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2013, 03:06:52 PM »
It's going to take a whole lot of hard living, and dying, before there are enough left fit to continue on, having had the idea that the other fella owes them something for nothing, killed off or bred out (for the most part).

The Hard living and the hard dying is a direct result of "having had the idea that the other fella owes them something for nothing" infest our society.  The whole point of Social Security was to institutionalize that idea and force everyone into a system that had it as its basis.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2013, 03:10:04 PM »
Getting the SS money back from those who over-benefited/under-contributed is one thing...

Its an Academic discussion anyway. No one will get anything "back". All that will happen from here on out is taking: of property, rights, dreams, futures and lives.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2013, 06:12:31 PM »

The Hard living and the hard dying is a direct result of "having had the idea that the other fella owes them something for nothing" infest our society.  The whole point of Social Security was to institutionalize that idea and force everyone into a system that had it as its basis.

What really gets me is the Progressive Ruling Class, who always talk about the struggle and equality of the working class, then they expect to be appointed as commissars in this brave new world, not contributing a single damned thing.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2013, 10:08:16 PM »
89... apparently I'm in tinfoil territory..

That's OK, the view up here is fine.   ;D

So far I am rocking the score at 121, followed by Pan at 110 and then your 89 and Rick's 84...most everyone else in the 60-70 range...MNHawk closing out the lower end at 53.

Mean average is 79, mode is 72.
I'm at 101
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2013, 10:15:50 PM »

In a war, it would take much less as it would claim a good portion of them. ::guillotine::

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2013, 10:33:00 PM »
Somebody touched upon something that wasn't discussed in referencing SS......rates of inflation. We all know it's ridiculously high at this point, and retirees get hit the hardest because of set incomes from their pensions and SS payments. The rates force people to depend(there's that nasty evil word again) on SS more heavily then they would ordinarily. They haven't any extra for anything praying that nothing on the home front goes bad and forces a withdrawal of funds that should be used to earn interest(not since the era of zero interest from the FED.

Personally I get a real kick from telling my mother, I wish the program would have died years ago just to observe her facial expressions. She gets a a retirement from teaching for 26 years, medicare, SSI and top it all off she got money from her mother that actually worked her ass off providing a retirement egg. Well, my mother really f**ked it all up. You see, she took her 5% tax free earning retirement and bought gold from some yahoo con artist and she got zilch, nodda, but did get a real dressing down from her husband, my step father, that knew how to work money. He should have kicked her to the curb and I wouldn't have blamed him if he did so(yes, she's an idiot and voting for the gernig twice confirmed it). Anyway, she still get's the SSI and mediscare and is allowed to live modestly from what was left after the Soros engineered crash(millions gone).
Point I'm making is she wasn't forced to use her fracking brain to save for retirement.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2013, 06:42:01 AM »
Getting the SS money back from those who over-benefited/under-contributed is one thing...

Its an Academic discussion anyway. No one will get anything "back". All that will happen from here on out is taking: of property, rights, dreams, futures and lives.

Yup.

Fight and maybe die...maybe live...or become a slave and certainly be killed...choices are going to become a lot easier and harder at the same time...very soon...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2013, 06:42:53 AM »
89... apparently I'm in tinfoil territory..

That's OK, the view up here is fine.   ;D

So far I am rocking the score at 121, followed by Pan at 110 and then your 89 and Rick's 84...most everyone else in the 60-70 range...MNHawk closing out the lower end at 53.

Mean average is 79, mode is 72.
I'm at 101

Allright, another for the triple digit club.   ;D

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2013, 06:46:25 AM »
Somebody touched upon something that wasn't discussed in referencing SS......rates of inflation. We all know it's ridiculously high at this point, and retirees get hit the hardest because of set incomes from their pensions and SS payments. The rates force people to depend(there's that nasty evil word again) on SS more heavily then they would ordinarily. They haven't any extra for anything praying that nothing on the home front goes bad and forces a withdrawal of funds that should be used to earn interest(not since the era of zero interest from the FED.

Personally I get a real kick from telling my mother, I wish the program would have died years ago just to observe her facial expressions. She gets a a retirement from teaching for 26 years, medicare, SSI and top it all off she got money from her mother that actually worked her ass off providing a retirement egg. Well, my mother really f**ked it all up. You see, she took her 5% tax free earning retirement and bought gold from some yahoo con artist and she got zilch, nodda, but did get a real dressing down from her husband, my step father, that knew how to work money. He should have kicked her to the curb and I wouldn't have blamed him if he did so(yes, she's an idiot and voting for the gernig twice confirmed it). Anyway, she still get's the SSI and mediscare and is allowed to live modestly from what was left after the Soros engineered crash(millions gone).
Point I'm making is she wasn't forced to use her fracking brain to save for retirement.

Dependency breeds sloth which curtails critical thinking ability and leads to a perfectly compliant slave to be manipulated...speaking of which, how is the "black community" faring under the First Black President?  That's just one example...

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2013, 08:32:11 AM »

Dependency breeds sloth which curtails critical thinking ability and leads to a perfectly compliant slave to be manipulated...speaking of which, how is the "black community" faring under the First Black President?  That's just one example...
I sincerely hope that they enjoy the chains they're forging for themselves.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2013, 08:34:11 AM »

I sincerely hope that they enjoy the chains they're forging for themselves. Wouldn't want them chains to be to uncomfortable. I suppose as long as they be pretty and shiny, they be embraced. ::hysterical::

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2013, 09:28:44 AM »
Somebody touched upon something that wasn't discussed in referencing SS......rates of inflation. We all know it's ridiculously high at this point, and retirees get hit the hardest because of set incomes from their pensions and SS payments.

Those retirees had their entire lives to save - often at rates well exceeding 5%.  They had a chance to accumulate wealth that   future Generations simply  won't.  Yeah, it pinches their nest egg, but people coming up will NEVER have a nest egg.  Save a dollar and have $0.70 (or less)  of spending power when you retire! If you retire.  What a deal!  My generation's nest egg is already being pinched (literally and in the burgled sense)  by inflation and  haven't even begin to draw upon it.  ZIRP is the reason people like me will never have a retirement at all,  and a large reason why I don't care if those currently collecting "have a comfortable retirement" and It doesn't matter I have decades to "adjust" - adjust to what?  Not being able to save for retirement because  inflation will prevent you from even keeping your  principle  isn't something you can "adjust" to.  Want 100% when you retire, save 130% - oh and keep paying your SS -seniors  depend upon you for that. Our BEST case scenario is 20 years like Japan has seen.

As it is the Congress is already talking about using Chained CPI for SS adjustments. Because when Beef is too high, people buy Chicken. When Chicken is too high, they buy Top Raman.  When Top Raman is too High, they buy cat food.  

My and future generations are on a trajectory for Cat Food retirements in our Kid's basements (okay, my basement, because my Kids will still be living in my house) , and current retirees want me to keep paying because "they planned" on Social Security to help them out in retirement? That they "didn't know"?  They all knew. They didn't care. And now, as our Govt implements ZIRP to try and "save the system" ( which really just means buy more time for it)  any and all gateways to wealth are pretty much closed to the average person ( by design) - The road to prosperity is blocked, the elite are taking no more members to the club, and the middle class is a thing of the past. But heaven forbid that Seniors, who enjoyed a middle class life and opportunities for their entire working life should be deprived of what they expected to have in retirement.

Trust me, inflation and ZIRP is far more destructive to those who don't already  have a nestegg and wealth.  
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 09:34:13 AM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Miltrainer

« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2013, 10:11:34 AM »
Well, I finally broke down and took the test.
Score: 58 ....
I thought I was more libertarian than that.  ::thinking::
There were too many questions that were absolute answers.
You want the truth?....You can't handle the truth!

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2013, 11:18:16 AM »
Well, I finally broke down and took the test.
Score: 58 ....
I thought I was more libertarian than that.  ::thinking::
There were too many questions that were absolute answers.
I found that as well but just assumed that was going to be that way. Obviously we would all have chosen some not absolutes but SS was an absolute I was expecting so it never bothered to answer as they did....yes or no.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2013, 11:21:41 AM »
But heaven forbid that Seniors, who enjoyed a middle class life and opportunities for their entire working life should be deprived of what they expected to have in retirement.

There's a whole belief system now among seniors that when they retire they're entitled to live the good life.  They're finally rid of their responsibilities (family) and can do what they want. It's a prevalent attitude around where I live.

We discovered when researching our family history that several generations of one line stayed together (they may have had their own farms)in the same area.  When they moved farther west (PA to OH and so on) They ALL moved. As the family group got larger there were some families that stayed but there were usually several that moved on together.  In either case, move or not, they had a support system in place that made sense economically and provided safety.

Rugged, American individualism has turned into "doing whatever I want" since I have the government taking care of me.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2013, 11:35:32 AM »
Somebody touched upon something that wasn't discussed in referencing SS......rates of inflation. We all know it's ridiculously high at this point, and retirees get hit the hardest because of set incomes from their pensions and SS payments.

Those retirees had their entire lives to save - often at rates well exceeding 5%.  They had a chance to accumulate wealth that   future Generations simply  won't.  Yeah, it pinches their nest egg, but people coming up will NEVER have a nest egg.  Save a dollar and have $0.70 (or less)  of spending power when you retire! If you retire.  What a deal!  My generation's nest egg is already being pinched (literally and in the burgled sense)  by inflation and  haven't even begin to draw upon it.  ZIRP is the reason people like me will never have a retirement at all,  and a large reason why I don't care if those currently collecting "have a comfortable retirement" and It doesn't matter I have decades to "adjust" - adjust to what?  Not being able to save for retirement because  inflation will prevent you from even keeping your  principle  isn't something you can "adjust" to.  Want 100% when you retire, save 130% - oh and keep paying your SS -seniors  depend upon you for that. Our BEST case scenario is 20 years like Japan has seen.

As it is the Congress is already talking about using Chained CPI for SS adjustments. Because when Beef is too high, people buy Chicken. When Chicken is too high, they buy Top Raman.  When Top Raman is too High, they buy cat food.  

My and future generations are on a trajectory for Cat Food retirements in our Kid's basements (okay, my basement, because my Kids will still be living in my house) , and current retirees want me to keep paying because "they planned" on Social Security to help them out in retirement? That they "didn't know"?  They all knew. They didn't care. And now, as our Govt implements ZIRP to try and "save the system" ( which really just means buy more time for it)  any and all gateways to wealth are pretty much closed to the average person ( by design) - The road to prosperity is blocked, the elite are taking no more members to the club, and the middle class is a thing of the past. But heaven forbid that Seniors, who enjoyed a middle class life and opportunities for their entire working life should be deprived of what they expected to have in retirement.

Trust me, inflation and ZIRP is far more destructive to those who don't already  have a nestegg and wealth.  

I'm 100 with your camp but then I already knew that. I never created it. I expected them to pull their head out of their butt and say no or provide a different route to retirement. Bad thing is, the generations should already expect to move back together to provide guidance for the new generation, provide child care. I currently get no baby sitting from either set of parents when they both received it from theirs at no penalty. The wife and I go by ourselves almost zero times because we can't trust strangers amongst other things. I don't even trust my mother and her full of breakable house along with her age and clueless demeanor. he other set is a 50/50 split upon wanting to take the job and the other, runs the ship of absolute quiet.(How freaking stupid and selfish is that?)

Anyway, I knew long ago that SSI was a joke that I would never get a nickle out of it but guess what I don't put a penny into it. f**k them and all their illegal ponzi schemes. I went off the grid years ago in that respect and will die after taking many of them with me at their risk. I will not be suckered into funding sh*t that was never constitutional nor benefit me. Cheers, for the end can't come soon enough.