Author Topic: Ammo Shortages  (Read 45190 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Ammo Shortages
« Reply #380 on: September 23, 2014, 11:34:23 AM »
I think ever since Clinton regime-changed them, the Serbs have been off of Washington's sh*t list.

Yugo stuff is pretty interesting.  Yugoslavia was a communist country, but they were an outlier and tried to keep the Soviets at arms length.  As a result a lot of their military equipment has unique twists on Eastern Bloc design.  The Czechs were like that too.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #381 on: September 23, 2014, 12:17:17 PM »
Almost forgot to remind my brothers and sisters here about a pretty good find for .45 ACP at Wideners 14.99/50 for PPU Boxer primed brass case.

https://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=100000103&dir=18|829|842

Cool, wonder how many boxes they let you have at a time?  I think I am OK in most flavors, but this does look like a good bargain.
I bought 15 boxes Sunday night
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #382 on: September 23, 2014, 01:28:45 PM »
Almost forgot to remind my brothers and sisters here about a pretty good find for .45 ACP at Wideners 14.99/50 for PPU Boxer primed brass case.

Cool, wonder how many boxes they let you have at a time?  I think I am OK in most flavors, but this does look like a good bargain.

So, 750 rounds for $225 + S&H and tax, eh?  Low $0.30s/round.

I looked for bulk buys, on that score this looked the most appealing to me -

http://ammunitionstore.com/products/45-acp-ammo-230gr-fmj-fiocchi-1000-round-case.html

At base cost is $0.35/round, not to bad a deal and they are brass, boxer primed, 860fps for 230gr like the PRVI!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #383 on: September 23, 2014, 01:30:44 PM »
I think ever since Clinton regime-changed them, the Serbs have been off of Washington's sh*t list.

Yugo stuff is pretty interesting.  Yugoslavia was a communist country, but they were an outlier and tried to keep the Soviets at arms length.  As a result a lot of their military equipment has unique twists on Eastern Bloc design.  The Czechs were like that too.

Subjugated people always find ways to rebel in interesting ways.  Something statists/totalitarians always fail to contain...

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #384 on: September 23, 2014, 03:29:41 PM »

So, 750 rounds for $225 + S&H and tax, eh?  Low $0.30s/round.

I looked for bulk buys, on that score this looked the most appealing to me -

http://ammunitionstore.com/products/45-acp-ammo-230gr-fmj-fiocchi-1000-round-case.html

At base cost is $0.35/round, not to bad a deal and they are brass, boxer primed, 860fps for 230gr like the PRVI!
Cost me $25 for shipping into York, PA from Tennessee

Looks as if the Ammunition Store is a bit closer to you, Ohio, so shipping could be cheaper by at least ten percent. None of these stores are going to collect tax unless you're an Ohio resident.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 03:32:48 PM by warpmine »

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #385 on: September 23, 2014, 06:43:41 PM »
Went to Academy Sports today and scored 4 boxes of 100 CCI Mini-Mag for $28. Limit was 2 per customer, but I just happened to have a son along with me.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #386 on: September 23, 2014, 07:24:59 PM »
.22LR is about the only thing I find hard to find.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #387 on: September 23, 2014, 10:06:07 PM »
.22LR has to come back at some point.

I haven't bought any in close to a year now and that's because I don't need any...I have somewhere north of 7500 rounds. When more people reach a comfort level with what they have they, too, will stop buying. Then the stuff will start showing up on store shelves again. Could be a while longer but that time is coming.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #388 on: September 24, 2014, 07:23:45 AM »
I agree, the ammo will only stabilize when most people feel they are adequately stocked.  Looking at earnings data and such for publically traded entities like Smith & Wesson, Ruger and to a certain extent Alliant Tech Systems (hard to split out their Sporting division though, but that is where RCBS, Hoppe's, Federal, CCI, Speer & Savage etc are rolled into) indicated the Obama-Effect (AKA - NRA Gun Salesman of the Year) has dropped off considerably, but the pullback hasn't occured in ammo as yet, especially for .22LR, but prices seem to be pulling back a little bit.  So unless something happens to stoke up fears again it will be up to reaching that comfort level before availability increases and prices ease back a little more.

Offline robins111

« Reply #389 on: September 24, 2014, 07:32:56 AM »
The only ammo shortage in Canada was in the calibers, 9mm, 223, and 40 cal.  The .22 wasn't really hard to find, but the price went through the roof.  Most of our (good) ammo is made in the US however plinker in 223, 308, 9mm, 45, and 40 cal is produced in China and Russia, which we can get reasonably cheap.  The hard stuff to get is reloading parts, everything from powder to bullets are almost impossible to get.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #390 on: October 04, 2014, 07:01:40 PM »
Anyone looking to score some .30 06 Springfield? S. Korean surplus boxer primed(corrosive we think) 150 gr in lots of 260 rds for 129.99 plus shipping

Good for your M-1 Garand or whatever else is in your arsenal.

Also, I've recently bought some 7.62x51 NATO Turkish mfg stuff at Walmart at a new price of 9.99 for 20. Haven't tried it but can't all be that bad. Love those rollbacks ;D
http://weeklyads.walmart.com/hosted_services/walmart
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 07:12:00 PM by warpmine »

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #391 on: July 03, 2015, 04:37:31 PM »
Ammo Depot has some 7/4 specials and I'd like to point out that the 230 gr .45 acp is a pretty fair price:

http://www.ammunitiondepot.com/category-s/2083.htm

In any event, take a gander to see if you need something on the list.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #392 on: July 03, 2015, 11:08:12 PM »
Ammo Depot has some 7/4 specials and I'd like to point out that the 230 gr .45 acp is a pretty fair price:

http://www.ammunitiondepot.com/category-s/2083.htm

In any event, take a gander to see if you need something on the list.

I got their alert too, and availed myself of a good deal on some 9x18 Makarov ammo, and ordered a few boxes of .380 from Rattlesnake.  They're a small manufacturer I haven't tried before.  I have some of that very .45 ammo that's on sale, but haven't tried it yet.  Geco is a good brand though, so it should be fine quality.  That's a good price on .45 ammo.

When I find myself frustrated over the disintegration of our civilization, I channel it into buying more ammo. ::viking::
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #393 on: October 05, 2020, 01:30:02 PM »
Been a while for this thread...but for the past several months every week or so I check GunBot...but no matter the flavor the result is the same...

http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/rifle/556/

...the sort by availability function is rendered pointless by the gun buying spree and dash for ammo...pages fail to load, error out or show "out of stock" messages...

If the SHTF anytime soon what you got is what you got...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #394 on: October 11, 2020, 06:54:24 PM »
This is sad...I smell a big fat stinking statist rat!

Literally spent hours scanning the net for ammo supplies...for any usable caliber there isn't jack squat available...nothing...zip...zero...nada!

In America?  This cannot be.  Call me paranoid, call me nuts...such labels are like farts in the wind in this age...but it is almost inescapably intentional.

More people buying guns, yeah, I get that...we saw that all throughout the Obama years...and after a few months things settled a bit and supplies came back...and up and down it went...but now...absolutely nothing?

Nope, do not believe it is attributable to just demand.  I know people in retail, when the COVID shortages hit, guess what the store employees do?  If you guessed set aside stuff for themselves and their friends and family you win a cookie.  The same thing must be occuring...otherwise there is something far far more nefarious afoot!  Anybody seen budget data or expenditure data for state & local LEO outfits or Federal agencies?  Yeah, me neither...so my nose is smelling a bunch of government ammo-grabbing is going on, and the only civilians getting any are working in the plants and the crumbs leftoever are being gobbled up by store employees whenever a stray paltry shipment rolls in!

NOT a good sign.

::foilhathelicopter::

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #395 on: October 11, 2020, 09:23:35 PM »
Its a little of both - COVID related crap and .. people looking out for #1

But those in the know should have been stacking for a while..

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #396 on: October 11, 2020, 10:55:33 PM »
Its a little of both - COVID related crap and .. people looking out for #1

But those in the know should have been stacking for a while..

Howdy Weisshaupt, good to "see" you again!
This industrious little worker bee did see the writing on the wall and bought while the buying was good. Hopefully things won't overheat and I'll be able to season them for a while longer.

or not.

::laserkill::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #398 on: January 22, 2021, 11:20:59 AM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/toilet-paper-effect-americans-scramble-ammo-amid-shortage

Likely at the if you ain't got it you may not get it phase...

Post-Republic America gonna suck and get suckier...