Author Topic: Chamber of Commerce teaming up with Karl Rove to fight Tea Party conservatives  (Read 1275 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Further evidence that the "commerce above everything" wing of the Republican Party is just as hostile as the Left. The Chamber of Commerce is teaming up with the contemptible Karl Rove to promote "centrist" candidates in GOP primaries in 2014. Their aim is to destroy the Tea Party groundswell that was responsible for giving them control of the House in 2010. They want to keep government spending uninterrupted, and they want to cram through amnesty so they can make their new version of plantation labor official.

There's no way in hell I am ever voting for any more RINOs, and I am no longer moved by the argument that insisting on ideological purity is merely to cut off one's nose to spite his face. We've all had to chew back that rising urge to vomit while voting for RINOs in the past, and look what we have to show for it. If the Rovian RINOs and their one dimensional mercantile allies want to declare war, then war it is.

http://www.infowars.com/corporatist-chamber-of-commerce-gets-behind-establishment-effort-to-defeat-tea-party/
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
Amnesty.

I had a long conversation with a young Hispanic worker for the company. I said "let me guess: You think ObamaCare is great and you are for relaxed immigration."

In ten minutes I destroyed his little world on both counts. I got him to understand that dumping ten million unskilled workers into the jobs force will push down HIS wages. This explanation was easy. I said "what if ten new job applicants show up Monday and are willing to do your (semi-skilled) job for half of your pay? If the Boss can get ten guys who will happily work for less than you, what do you think he is going to do?" He is making more than twice the minimum wage, so Federal law isn't going to protect him.

The ObamaCare argument was a little harder. He knows he can show up at the local emergency room and get free health care. He was able to understand that the government requiring certain services as part of any policy have to be paid by somebody, usually in higher premiums paid by policy holders.

The look on his face was priceless when he "got it."

He said, and I quote, "that's just not right!"
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline whimsicalmamapig

bigalsouth

if the enemy of your enemy is your friend, wouldn't that make karl rove your friend since I am sure you both dislike Obama and his ilk.

if there is such a continued split in the right side of the political spectrum we are doomed for eternal democratic administrations.
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
bigalsouth

if the enemy of your enemy is your friend, wouldn't that make karl rove your friend since I am sure you both dislike Obama and his ilk.

if there is such a continued split in the right side of the political spectrum we are doomed for eternal democratic administrations.

Why, then, is the onus always on grassroots conservatives to "compromise"? How much compromise have you seen out of the GOP leadership or Rove and the other establishment mouthpieces?  We gave them a power shift of historic proportions in the Congress, and ever since then the only task they've truly concerned themselves with is how to either co-opt or neuter us.

At this point, it strikes me as a glib banality to suggest that we must heal some supposed rift with the likes of them.

- Yours Truly

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
Remember at the Republican National Convention,the establishment Republicans (like Rove) removed all the Tea Party Republicans from any position of power? They may have even revoked the credentials of some.

This is war. Eff Mr. Rove and his merry band of destroyers.

See my post above. Why do you think the National Chamber of Commerce supports relaxed amnesty? Because it's good for Big Business. In the long run, I think it destroys the middle class, or certainly the upper middle class.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
The rent seeking wing of the Republican Party is big in my neck of the woods.  For example they're all over the concept of building a nearly $2 billion choo choo train to S**tholeapolis, in which a couple thousand per day would ride, because they think it's good for their personal business, to hell with how bad it is for bus service or our finances in general.

Hard to imagine our local republican (the small r is not a typo) leadership is also all over global warming, busing (to better mix kids from my slummy $150-$300k neighborhood and the million dollar neighborhoods), and even "smart" development, were the city actually buys land and develops it in a politically correct way.

No.  More.  This. Party. Has. To. Burn.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
No.  More.  This. Party. Has. To. Burn.

I say: Let. It. Die.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Y'all preachin' from my pulpit!

::grouphug::

It's the Ruling Class vs the Country Class...these progressive-lite Big-Biz/Big Govt asshats have had their time, time is well past too late for them to discover oblivion!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline richb

• Established Member
I hate these circular firing squads that establishment Republicans insist on doing.........  it only kills the party and the nations future.   They should be opening the doors and welcoming the tea party!   

It just plays into liberal Democrats hands every time.    If 2014 turns out to not be so bad for Democrats (which is STILL possible, even with the Obamacare s@#t).   It won't be that Democrats fortune improves in 2014, but that establishment Republicans cannot win without conservatives.     

If Republicans think they can win on Obamacare alone,  we are screwed.

If 2014 doesn't turn out great you can guarantee the establishment puts up yet another lame candidate like Christie in 2016.   You just know it. 

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
If 2014 doesn't turn out great you can guarantee the establishment puts up yet another lame candidate like Christie in 2016.   You just know it.

I don't care how 2014 turns out, they will STILL get a lame candidate in 2016. Any real conservative will be torn apart by the press before the primaries get warmed up.

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
bigalsouth

Madam, the eGOP had everything they needed when WE gave them the House, the Senate and the Presidency during the Bush Administration and what they did with it was spend like drunken drunks (no reference to sailors here) and vote in bigger, more intrusive and costly government -- can you say "No Child Left Behind" and "Medicare Part D"?; in 2010 we -- WE conservatives -- gave them the House and they've been whining ever since then that, despite holding the 1/3 of the government that controls the purse-strings, they have little to no control over legislation.

Please.  Spare me the enemy of the enemy speech; THEY are all our enemy at this point.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Please.  Spare me the enemy of the enemy speech; THEY are all our enemy at this point.

Can I get an AMEN!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline radioman

• A Regular

Can I get an AMEN!

AMEN - or how we say down here in South Texas "There you go"!
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Can I get an AMEN!

AMEN - or how we say down here in South Texas "There you go"!

A hearty "Hell, Yeah!" will suffice too!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Rush has been talking about this on his show this week.  Apparently, the eGOP's plan is to wait until after election filing deadlines in April before they move forward with it.  They believe this represents crafty Realpolitik and will head off Tea Party primary challenges against their squishy moderates.

The plan they're proposing would grant legal residency and work authority, but supposedly deny citizenship for 10 years.  As Rush points out, it's another case of the GOP letting Lucy pull the football away for the n-th time. The day after this passes the Democrat-Media Complex will be decrying it as a modern Three-Fifths Compromise and agitating for full blown citizenship.

But hey, the Chamber of Commerce wants their new plantation labor.  The social and cultural consequences (i.e. turning our country into a facsimile of the Mexico they left behind) is just something you and your children and your children's children will have to live with. The Chamber of Commerce prefers its crony lucre, and the Democrats rightly see a new army of voters in the making. The message from both is "will you white people just hurry up and die already?!"

Words are inadequate for the loathing I have for the Republican Party. The Tea Party phenomenon should have struck out as an actual political party from the get go, rather than trying to obey conventional wisdom by working within the GOP. They pass this amnesty deal and I'm not going to just not vote for Republicans, I'm going to actively vote for the Democrats, because at that point my sole MO is helping destroy the GOP.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
I hope they do it.  What these assholes fail to realize is that people can run independent of the parties in the general election and people sick of their shyt can stay home.  Of course this only highlights their biggest fault - assuming they can keep on fukcing people over and prosper politically.  These assholes need to be thoroughly discredited and destroyed once and for all.