Author Topic: EPA overrides Congress, hands over town to Indian tribes  (Read 882 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
EPA overrides Congress, hands over town to Indian tribes
« on: January 09, 2014, 02:29:10 AM »

EPA overrides Congress, hands over town to Indian tribes
12:27 PM 01/08/2014

Have you heard the story of the residents of Riverton, Wyo.? One day they were Wyomingans, the next they were members of the Wind River tribes — after the Environmental Protection Agency declared the town part of the Wind River Indian Reservation, undoing a 1905 law passed by Congress and angering state officials.

The surprise decision was made by officials of the EPA, the Department of Interior, and Department of Justice early last month, and has invoked the ire of Gov. Matt Mead, who has vowed not to honor the agency’s decision and is preparing to fight in court.

“My deep concern is about an administrative agency of the federal government altering a state’s boundary and going against over 100 years of history and law,” Mead said in a statement. “This should be a concern to all citizens because, if the EPA can unilaterally take land away from a state, where will it stop?”

The EPA declared that Riverton was part of the Wind River Indian Reservation after granting a “Treatment as a State” application from the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone tribes. The tribes submit such applications to get funding for air quality monitoring under the Clean Air Act. However, this seemingly innocuous application ended up undoing the tribal boundaries set by a 1905 congressional act.

Words fail me, but this does not shock me.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/08/epa-overrides-congress-hands-over-town-to-indian-tribes/
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Re: EPA overrides Congress, hands over town to Indian tribes
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 04:48:07 AM »
Clean air ? Clean environment ? Has anyone visited an Indian Reservation lately ? I'd suggest the Choctaw Reservation in Philadelphia , Ms. if you want to see some real government sponsored squalor , pollution and filth .

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 06:44:11 AM »
“This should be a concern to all citizens because, if the EPA can unilaterally take land away from a state, where will it stop?

They won't stop until there is no more private land or they are forced to stop. Which ever comes first.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 07:32:40 AM »
And Congress will bend over and ask for another...when they should be passing legislation to form a posse and destroy the EPA.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline radioman

• A Regular
EPA taking the town of Riverton Wyoming and handing it over to the Indians
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 09:58:22 AM »
What authority does the EPA have to hand over American territory to other entities?

http://freepatriot.org/2014/01/08/epa-takes-entire-town-away-wyoming-gives-indians-disenfranchises-american-citizens/

Even if the state of Montana sues the Feds to not allow this, the liberal courts will decide in favor of the Indians.

I hope none of you guys live in Montana.

And why aren't we hearing any of this on the news? Not a peep out of Fox.

{Edited title to correct name of State - P.}
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 10:31:22 AM by Pandora »
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
National Guard. Now.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
I would find this mind-boggling except that nothing done by this regime's agencies shocks me now.

Yesterday it was, what?  A department of the patent office censoring the word Redskins; today it's the EPA, in October it was the Interior Dept. in our National Parks, and on and on and on.  And, of course, the ongoing crime of Obamacare.  They never stop.  When and if they're pushed back on one front, they're constantly pushing against us on all others.

The article states that there are already tensions in this place between today's favored minorities (my emphasis) and the White folks so the other shoe will be dropping on this soon.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 10:31:47 AM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline radioman

• A Regular
If this is happening for real, I don't know why the media is being so silent. Especially Fox, Drudge, etc. There is a lot of conservative sources that should be running with this.

This is something that needs everybody to push back on, and not just leaving it up to the state of Montana. The governor said that he is considering making threats. Considering? That tells me he is looking for cover, and we can't depend on him.

Do we have any forumites in Montana that has more info on this?
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Get a load of some of the comments at that link.  Basically it's "Ha Ha!  Turnabout's fair play! You stole the land and now it's being taken back", and you know it's probably white liberals making the comments. Every time I hear some variation of this I ask the person when we can expect them to sign over the deed to their house to whatever the nearest Indian tribe is.  Oh, you're not?  You mean you just want to take snipes at American history, but that particular piece of stolen land you own, oh that particular parcel of land is all yours right?

People who want to launch into some moralizing, pious tirade against America and stolen land should GTFO. After all, if it's truly such a unique and unprecedented evil in world history, then by living in and enjoying the results these centuries later aren't they guilty of dealing in stolen goods?  I mean hey, you don't get to keep the diamond necklace just because you weren't the one to hold up the jewelry store right?

It's like anything else with the Left -- the real name of the game is assaulting the moral and cultural confidence. There need not be any real substance, and it doesn't matter if it directly contradicts other things in the constellation of Left wing causes.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Get a load of some of the comments at that link.  Basically it's "Ha Ha!  Turnabout's fair play! You stole the land and now it's being taken back", and you know it's probably white liberals making the comments. Every time I hear some variation of this I ask the person when we can expect them to sign over the deed to their house to whatever the nearest Indian tribe is.  Oh, you're not?  You mean you just want to take snipes at American history, but that particular piece of stolen land you own, oh that particular parcel of land is all yours right?

First they come for the Jews, but I wasn't a Jew so I did nothing.  The useful idiots of the left never realize that while they are last on the list, they are on the list.  They always cheer as others are persecuted never dreaming that  the precedent is now set for stealing their homes-- those blacks in the inner city deserve a nice suburban home - yours.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: EPA taking the town of Riverton Wyoming and handing it over to the Indians
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 11:19:35 AM »
If this is happening for real, I don't know why the media is being so silent. Especially Fox, Drudge, etc. There is a lot of conservative sources that should be running with this.

This is something that needs everybody to push back on, and not just leaving it up to the state of Montana. The governor said that he is considering making threats. Considering? That tells me he is looking for cover, and we can't depend on him.

Do we have any forumites in Montana that has more info on this?

Wyoming.

Threads merged.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 11:40:07 AM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2014, 11:46:15 AM »
Umm...

Dear good people of Riverton, WY -

Immediately familiarize yourself with "The Battle of Athens".  You have within yourselves the ability to determine your own destiny.

Make it happen.  Call for support, I bet it would come.  Defy the fascists who think they are your masters.

Respectfully,

The Undersigned

*US Constitution
*US Declaration of Independence
*The Founders
*The spirits of patriots past
*Liberty-loving Americans

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
WY Gov. Mead: Wyoming will NOT abide by EPA ruling
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 12:22:25 PM »
No pansy-assed lawsuit. Just "F*** no."

Wyoming Governor Matt Mead: Wyoming will not abide by EPA ruling giving state land to Indian tribe.

(Cheyenne, Wyo.) –  Governor Matt Mead informed the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) that he will not honor its decision related to the boundary of the State and the Wind River Reservation. Three days after signing the decision, the regional administrator of the EPA told Wyoming the EPA was granting the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes application for Treatment as a State. Treatment as a State gives Tribes access to grant funding for air quality monitoring, but the EPA decision also purports to re-interpret a 1905 Congressional Act and in doing so expand the boundaries of the Wind River Reservation.

“This decision goes against 100 years of history, involving over a million acres of land. It is not a decision that should come from a regulatory agency,” Governor Mead said. “I believe the EPA is in the wrong and I will not honor its decision.”

Governor Mead has instructed the Wyoming Attorney General to take aggressive action to prevent the EPA’s decision from adversely affecting our state. “There is no case law that supports the EPA’s position, while there is case law including a Wyoming Supreme Court decision upholding the state’s position that Riverton is not in the Reservation,” Governor Mead said.

The Governor also directed Wyoming agencies to conduct business as usual in terms of how they operate in Riverton. This directive covers, among other things, law enforcement, government services, regulation and recognition of the status quo in property ownership and water use.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: WY Gov. Mead: Wyoming will NOT abide by EPA ruling
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 01:31:40 PM »
No pansy-assed lawsuit. Just "F*** no."

Wyoming Governor Matt Mead: Wyoming will not abide by EPA ruling giving state land to Indian tribe.

(Cheyenne, Wyo.) –  Governor Matt Mead informed the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) that he will not honor its decision related to the boundary of the State and the Wind River Reservation. Three days after signing the decision, the regional administrator of the EPA told Wyoming the EPA was granting the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes application for Treatment as a State. Treatment as a State gives Tribes access to grant funding for air quality monitoring, but the EPA decision also purports to re-interpret a 1905 Congressional Act and in doing so expand the boundaries of the Wind River Reservation.

“This decision goes against 100 years of history, involving over a million acres of land. It is not a decision that should come from a regulatory agency,” Governor Mead said. “I believe the EPA is in the wrong and I will not honor its decision.”

Governor Mead has instructed the Wyoming Attorney General to take aggressive action to prevent the EPA’s decision from adversely affecting our state. “There is no case law that supports the EPA’s position, while there is case law including a Wyoming Supreme Court decision upholding the state’s position that Riverton is not in the Reservation,” Governor Mead said.

The Governor also directed Wyoming agencies to conduct business as usual in terms of how they operate in Riverton. This directive covers, among other things, law enforcement, government services, regulation and recognition of the status quo in property ownership and water use.

Whoa!! You mean there's somebody out there with cajones? I'm impressed.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2014, 07:28:52 AM »
May there be staying power to hold firm and yield nothing!   ::praying::