Author Topic: Political Trust ?  (Read 1110 times)

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
Political Trust ?
« on: January 12, 2014, 09:25:55 AM »
I posted this elsewhere, but it got buried with no answers.  Either didn't see it or as on other site no one has had the answer.
Question -- Name one politician you TRUST, local,state or national.
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Political Trust ?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 09:39:35 AM »
Maybe there's a reason nobody responds...

::thinking::

Trust? At the very best, there are some who I trust more than others. But I don't trust a one of 'em.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 10:48:58 AM »

Trust? At the very best, there are some who I trust more than others. But I don't trust a one of 'em.

My point, but somewhere in this country there has to be one at some level.
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 11:01:03 AM »

IF I was going to pick one, I suppose I could point to someone like WI Gov. Scott Walker. Maybe Mike Pence. Ted Cruz. Rand Paul.

But trust in politicians is always misplaced.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 11:03:44 AM »
Also, trust in the character of a person and trust in their principled leadership are not necessarily the same.

I think that someone like Mitt Romney is probably a very trustworthy husband, father, and friend.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 11:23:26 AM »
"If he were trustworthy he wouldn't be a politician" - Alphabet Soup

Actually there is one guy that I trust. He serves as a chaplain for the fire department in our area. He spoke at my daughters memorial, and then my dad's, and then my mom's.

He served on the city council in my town where he walked the conservative walk of responsible, accessible government. He ran for mayor and I did what I could to try to get him elected. He would have made an outstanding mayor. But politics won and we are the worse for it.

I am honored to call John a friend of mine and I would unhesitatingly call him trustworthy.

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 12:00:26 PM »
Pass.  Of the one's I've known there might be ...... one?  But he's still alive and in office so the jury is still out.
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 12:04:05 PM »
I like the politicians who are unabashed Tea Party types. Damn, I wish Cruz would run for President.

Other than that, I like Trey Gowdy, R-SC.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 12:29:17 PM »
"If he were trustworthy he wouldn't be a politician" - Alphabet Soup

Actually there is one guy that I trust. He serves as a chaplain for the fire department in our area. He spoke at my daughters memorial, and then my dad's, and then my mom's.

He served on the city council in my town where he walked the conservative walk of responsible, accessible government. He ran for mayor and I did what I could to try to get him elected. He would have made an outstanding mayor. But politics won and we are the worse for it.

I am honored to call John a friend of mine and I would unhesitatingly call him trustworthy.

He sounds like he would qualify but politics took control and ran him out.  Many here and before can list thoughs we like and think they are trustworthy, but evenually they show their true political colors.  For me it has become a sorry state for years my vote has been not for a candidate, but against the one I like the least. 

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 02:54:28 PM »

IF I was going to pick one, I suppose I could point to someone like WI Gov. Scott Walker. Maybe Mike Pence. Ted Cruz. Rand Paul.

Good list, and trust of any man is hard. I prefer to trust until that is disproven, and each of those men have earned my trust. We will of course see about tomorrow. I  felt really good about Jim Demint and was disappointed when he resigned.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2014, 04:52:59 PM »
I prefer to trust until that is disproven, .....

Bobby Jindal broke me of that habit.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2014, 06:13:54 PM »
The major problem—one of the major problems, for there are several—one of the many major problems with governing people is that of whom you get to do it; or rather of who manages to get people to let them do it to them.
To summarize: it is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it.
To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.”
? Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

No sane person WANTS to rule others. Only Narcissistic Sociopaths actually want the job. And that is why politicians constantly fail us. We really would be better picking 30 people out of a phone book and running a primary on them.

Remember when  Fred Thompson ran and everyone dismissed him because he "didn't want it bad enough" ? I liked him all the more at that point. That is the sort of person we need in office. The kind that doesn't really want to do it, but sees it as an unpleasant duty or obligation- something they have to do otherwise the narcissistic sociopaths will get the job.   John Adams urged John Quincy Adams into politic because  he knew thwe sort of man who would do the job if men like John Quincy didn't.

Its all moot now anyway.  There will be no help coming from that quarter. The elections are rigged, the NSA will be used to control anyone who gets out of line, and no one in office has an incentive to do the right thing in regards to the debt.  This is going to have to run its course.  The politicians are all now just Kabuki theater and we are strapped to our seats waiting for the show to end.

Offline OldSailor

• The world is sick and getting sicker.
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2014, 07:41:57 PM »

Jackpot!!
"In it's most basic form the right to keep and bear arms is nothing less than the right to maintain the means of one's own self-defense. If a man chooses not to arm himself, that is his choice and right. It is NOT his right to force his choice upon me." - Me

Offline OldSailor

• The world is sick and getting sicker.
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2014, 07:55:00 PM »

Good list, and trust of any man is hard. I prefer to trust until that is disproven, and each of those men have earned my trust. We will of course see about tomorrow. I  felt really good about Jim Demint and was disappointed when he resigned.

If you're tempted to trust a politician just ask yourself "would I trust this guy (or woman) with my wallet?" because ... bottom line ... that's what you are doing.
"In it's most basic form the right to keep and bear arms is nothing less than the right to maintain the means of one's own self-defense. If a man chooses not to arm himself, that is his choice and right. It is NOT his right to force his choice upon me." - Me

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2014, 08:13:27 AM »
Trust is earned or squandered.  So far the latter is winning by a landslide.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.