Author Topic: Greta Van Susteren: admin’s shocking attempt to persuade her kill Benghazi cover  (Read 1063 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
{SNIP}

Van Susteren held nothing back but the “friend’s” name, as she wrote, in part:

And then as I was sitting at my desk thinking about the reporting since September 2012, I thought about the weirdest of all and the worst of all for me personally!  I remembered a disturbing phone call from a good friend in the Obama Administration.  I have known this friend for years.  The call was a short time after 9/11 (maybe Oct. 2012?) In the call, my friend told me that my colleague Jennifer Griffin, who was aggressively reporting on Benghazi, was wrong and that, as a favor to me, my friend in the Administration was telling me so that I could tell Jennifer so that she did not ruin her career.   My friend was telling me to tell Jennifer to stop her reporting.  Ruin her career?

In 20 plus years, I have never received a call to try and shut down a colleague – not that I even could – this was a first.   Here is what I know:  Jennifer is a class act….experienced..and a very responsible journalist.  One of the absolute best in the business – no axe to grind, she just wants the facts.

I told my friend before I go to Jennifer telling her she is wrong,  I need proof she is wrong, strong proof and you need to be specific  - what are you saying she is getting wrong?  We went around and around — including the statement again that this was just a call as a favor to Jennifer and me to save Jennifer’s career from reporting incorrect information.  I got no proof.  Zero.   I smelled a rat.  Favor to me?  Hardly.  My friend was trying to use me.   I feel bad that a friend did that to me, tried to use me for a dirty reason.   I knew then — and it is now confirmed by  BIPARTISAN Senate Intelligence Committee — Jennifer was getting her facts right.   I think it is really low for the Administration to stoop this low.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2014/01/20/greta-van-susteren-recounts-administrations-shocking-attempt-to-persuade-her-to-kill-benghazi-coverage-95517
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
 ::cussing::  that!  I want the name!   ::pullhair::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
::cussing::  that!  I want the name!   ::pullhair::

Yeah, I know!!!!!!
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
I would hope she's not much of a 'friend' now.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Hmm...and some of my friends, family & church family get upset when I describe Obama as a faggot, Muslim as$-wipe, piece of $hit, fukc-hole of a biotch-boy, homo scumbag POTUS.

::whatgives::
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Hmm...and some of my friends, family & church family get upset when I describe Obama as a faggot, Muslim as$-wipe, piece of $hit, fukc-hole of a biotch-boy, homo scumbag POTUS.

Gee, Pabs, can't imagine why.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel

Gee, Pabs, can't imagine why.

Maybe if he wouldn't beat around the bush and come right out and say what he means...
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero

Probably mad at you because you forgot he was a dope smokin, faggot, Muslim ass wipe, piece of chit, fukc hole of a boitch boy, homo scumbag, lotus.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.