Author Topic: Flush  (Read 1020 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Flush
« on: January 27, 2014, 08:01:54 AM »
So I took my Daughter to her Horseback Riding lesson for the first time  this weekend because my Wife was at the Stock show doing research ..  The lesson takes place in Boulder county..

So I am just watching the lesson, but the other parents who know each other start to talk. One of their little girls  has a Blue Ribbon for some school activity she did at the Stock show. Her dad is obviously astonished that the Stock Show was even on his child's agenda at school, and admits he has never been with a tone that implies he won't be changing that.   (My daughter and I are also the only ones who are wearing Boots. Everyone else has dress shoes or sneakers -inclduing their children taking lessons, and they of course also complain about the mud on themselves and their cars... )  But then came the jaw dropping moment:

"I heard that a Bull sold for $138K at the Stock Show last night"

"Yeah, I saw that on the news its crazy.  How could an animal be worth that much?

"I heard one little girls cow went for $80K and there was a pig that went for $50K!"

"I don't know. I guess some places sell steaks for $100 so I guess it might be worth it"

"yeah, I guess so"

This is a group of 5 adults - One woman, 4 (very effeminate)  men. ( I was surprised at the number of men.. usually when I take my kids to some activity it is all women waiting)

But during this conversation, which actually went on for about 4 minutes..  Not one of them says - No, its breeding stock. No mention of studding fees. No mention of selling the offspring as more breeding stock.

Yes, these were record ( and I think insane)  prices to pay for such things, but we all know that real inflation is kicking in- especially in food production, so that may be the reason. But these idiots had no idea at all that Ranchers breed animals. They literally couldn't think of any other purpose for the animal than for sale at market for meat.  But its a-holes like this deciding how things will be in Rural Colorado.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Flush
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 08:11:41 AM »
Transplants or natives?  I guess it would only establish the source not the degree of ignorance.

Anyway, not in tune with the cattle market per se but I am knowledgeable enough to know that as a result of supply, some disease issues and whatnot, beef prices (as shoppers should know) have really gone up the past couple years.  I would expect those who raise beef cattle would be interested in good solid stock with which to replenish their herd and reap some of that bounty.  It's called business.  Another thing these effeminate types are clueless about.  I bet they know all about cronyism though...even though they might not understand the word or comprehend they like it!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 08:30:01 AM »
Transplants or natives?

Not sure. If forced to guess I would say transplant.  We had way too many of them come here to Californicate Colorado.
And Yeah, I bet every one of them has their job because of who they know, not because they are good at it.  My first job was with the Telephone company in Boulder proper.   I didn't last long there though, because  they promoted you based on how well you got along with others, not based on what you actually accomplished.   I do not suffer fools well,  so my performance reviews there were less than stellar.

There was a Hispanic woman there - who was on literally on  Drugs  (and eventually got two years of paid leave so she could seek treatment!) , and of course I had to work with her.  One day she asked "Do you hate me because I am Hispanic?" I answered no. So she switched immediately to "Do you hate me because I am a woman?"  Again I answered no. I told her (as politely as I was able to manage)  that I didn't enjoy working with her because she was unreliable ( I wanted to say incompetent)   I Was still a political liberal at this point, but that was my first encounter with group based unaccountability. After all it couldn't be her actual behavior that was the problem, could it?

These Sheeple  are everywhere.  When this all started I just had no accurate accounting and had a very wrong idea of how intelligence and critical thinking are distributed in the populace. I went to an IVY, and I always selected friends by that criteria,  so my bias was to think most people were intelligent but inattentive.  As a result I felt collapse was far more imminent than it was.  Now I realize that idiots like this can be strung out for years and years on the lies the govt is telling. Yes a sudden collapse is still possible - driven by a panic of smarter people over-seas, but without that its going to be a long slow decline, because these sheeple are just plain too stupid to understand the danger. Unless the  MSM or Jon Stewart tell them to panic, they won't.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 09:07:06 AM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 08:48:25 AM »
Transplants or natives?

Not sure. If forced to guess I would say transplant.  We had way too many of them come here to Californicate Colorado.
And Yeah, I bet every one of them has their job because of who they know, not because they are good at it.  My first job was with the Telephone company in Boulder proper.   I didn't last long there though, because  they promoted you based on how well you got along with others, not based on what you actually accomplished.   I do not suffer fools well,  so my performance reviews there were less than stellar.

There was a Hispanic woman there - who was on literally on  Drugs  (and eventually ot two years of paid leave so she could seek treatment!) , and of course I had to work with her.  One day she asked "Do you hate me because I am Hispanic?" I answered no. So she switched immediately to "Do you hate me because I am a woman?"  Again I answered no. I told her (as politely as I was able to manage)  that I didn't enjoy working with her because she was unreliable ( I wanted to say incompetent)   I Was still a political liberal at this point, but that was my first encounter with group based unaccountability. After all it couldn't be her actual behavior that was the problem, could it?

These Sheeple  are everywhere.  When this all started I just had no accurate accounting and had a very wrong idea of how intelligence and critical thinking are distributed in the populace. I went to an IVY, and I always selected friends by that criteria,  so my bias was to think most people were intelligent but inattentive.  As a result I felt collapse was far more imminent than it was.  Now I realize that idiots like this can be strung out for years and years on the lies the govt is telling. Yes a sudden collapse is still possible - driven by a panic of smarter people over-seas, but without that its going to be a long slow decline, because these sheeple are just plain too stupid to understand the danger. Unless the  MSM or Jon Stewart tell them to panic, they won't.

Hey, that "group based unaccountability" right there is acronym worhty!  "GBU", kinda has a Soviet sound to it to (I am thinking GRU), so I like that.  They really do specialize in GBU, nothing like plenty of cover to hide cowards and criminals.

However, as we have seen time and again, they will turn on their own if it protects the leader of the herd because in their world that best protects the bulk of the herd!  So libiots really are like animals, aren't they?!

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 08:54:35 AM »
Should have held out a cross or a symbol for responsibility and see if they cower, hiss or fly away.  ::laughonfloor::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 09:47:35 AM »
Transplants or natives?

Not sure. If forced to guess I would say transplant.

At least you have to import your metrosexuals.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 12:05:36 PM »
Food comes from the store, duh. Everybody knows that.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 08:01:43 PM »
what I find the most deplorable about this is that none of them evidently had the mental curiosity to have researched the subject on their own at some previous time in their lives. which poses the question; just how much more do the not know? after all, you don't know what you do not know. and yet we let them vote.

I have never been that close to a farm, but at least I know what breeding stock is, have we sunk to such an unaware state? it took at least a century after the romans left Britain for the country to fall into the dark ages.
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 07:35:22 AM »
There are the known unknowns and the unknown unknowns...but with libiots it can be hard to tell which applies to them!  I'd wager the later is more preponderant in general.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 12:38:54 PM »
Food comes from the store, duh. Everybody knows that.
But this stuff is already pre-seasoned by nutritionists to taste great so knoew preoparation is required by the chef.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.