Author Topic: 2016 Races...If Anybody Cares...  (Read 202845 times)

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: 2016 Races...If Anybody Cares...
« Reply #580 on: February 26, 2016, 08:00:05 AM »
Is it too soon for the Scott Walker "Miss me yet?" poster?

::exitstageleft::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #581 on: February 26, 2016, 08:11:12 AM »
You want to get in on the ground floor of something?

Try getting the jump on the "Rubio suspends campaign" announcement...it might be coming true very soon if this holds up...

http://www.weaselzippers.us/258702-new-polls-trump-beating-rubio-in-florida/

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #582 on: February 26, 2016, 01:43:15 PM »
Why do you say Cruz is cooked? Had three states' primaries. He won the first and tied for two others second. Texas is his for losing and so many others. I think we have some time before we can call it quits.

Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #583 on: February 26, 2016, 03:40:20 PM »
Why do you say Cruz is cooked? Had three states' primaries. He won the first and tied for two others second. Texas is his for losing and so many others. I think we have some time before we can call it quits.

Only because e-GOP would rather see anybody else but Ted...remember, these are the "it's theses kind of folks that give E-GOPers a bad name" kinda folk who control the board...because the PaulBots will only go for Trump...and because there are some strict constructionalists (we've had the debate here ad naseum) that are not convinced he is eligible...etc etc.  I could be wrong but to me it is a Trump/Rubio race with Trump rapidly gaining enough momentum & delegates that once we get into April this could effectively be over...the only drama is if the E-GOP engineer something to strip delegates and throw the whole thing into chaos where anything (usually not anything better!) happens.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #584 on: February 26, 2016, 04:22:06 PM »
I think it will all be over but the shouting next week.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #585 on: February 28, 2016, 09:57:00 PM »
Sessions openly endorsed Trump after helping him behind the scenes...

It just goes to show how fed up people are with the E-GOP, they don't care who the assassin is, as long as the E-GOP gets it stuffed up their ying-yang...

And I can't say they didn't have it coming...

We can argue if the choice of implement is right, but the sentiment behind it is all because the E-GOP has been treating people like crap...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #586 on: February 28, 2016, 10:26:05 PM »
In other news...Marine confronts Team Clinton, gets kicked out...

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/02/28/video-exclusive-marine-booted-from-clinton-rally-pours-his-heart-out-after-event-in-emotional-interview-311260

It's a bit like asking the Devil why he is evil, but I applaud the man for trying.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #587 on: February 29, 2016, 07:50:57 AM »
On its face this is an excellent article, a good screed against one flawed man in a multi-flawed field...but it relies on a veteran journalists skill of hiding hyperbole in plain sight by surrounding it with conjecture.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/02/three_simple_questions_for_trump_supporters.html

I have three questions of my own.

1) Everyone still deluded enough to think we can solve serious existential questions and erase decades...over a century of institutionalized statism...simply by participating in a corrupt system and backing "the right" political horse...is only fooling themselves and deceiving their friends and neighbors.  Isn't this suspiciously naive?

2) Isn't it odd that everybody who has a horse in this race, no matter how bleeped up the horse may be...acts like the New Reagan while violating the Prime Directive of Reaganism?  The 11th Commandment only applies when it doesn't, eh?

3) If I were The Butthead, I would want everyone throwing scat on each other, then I would plant as much incriminating evidence on the front-runner as I can manufacturer (if it is not their guy) so I can throw the entire field into a brokered convention and make whatever deals are necessary to get the true E-GOP standard-bearer the nomination.  Isn't that a little more substantive than pointing at who someone has or has not criticized?  (PS-We won't know if Trump is truly the E-GOP's "guy" until he secures enough delegates to take the nomination...they take it away, he's not "their guy"...they don't take it away but don't support him in the general, he's not "their guy"...roll your dice how you want, just don't be surprised either way it breaks.  Revisit "corrupt system" screed.)

And along that notion...

Apparently, both Adolph Hitler and David Duke said nice things about Jesus Christ...I reckon I gotta rethink my choice of Savior, eh?  Yeah, maybe not.  Maybe it's the morons...

#ScrewElectionsGoPlanB!

ETA - And ahh, umm...how do we factor this in?

“I would be incredibly concerned if a President Trump governed in a way that was consistent with the language that candidate Trump expressed during the campaign,” Former CIA director Michael Hayden said, in an interview with Bill Maher. Hayden also says that the armed forces would simply refuse to follow Trump's orders were he to be elected and follow through on his campaign promises. 

Here's what Hayden had to say about Trump's promise to kill family members of ISIS: "God, no! Let me give you a punchline: If he were to order that once in government, the American armed forces would refuse to act. You cannot—you are not committed, you are not required, in fact you’re required to not follow an unlawful order. That would be in violation of all the international laws of armed conflict. There would be a coup in this country."

https://youtu.be/pC7-RMhfSos

The deep state and the lunatic Maher fear Trump.

Am I supposed to cheer...or what?
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 08:14:37 AM by Libertas »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #588 on: February 29, 2016, 11:53:34 AM »
Another Captain Obvious report...

http://www.weaselzippers.us/259237-foreign-clinton-donor-made-contributions-to-u-s-political-campaigns-despite-ban-on-foreign-money/

...laws are only for little people, especially those who are not Progs...

...otherwise criminals like this would be behind bars, right?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #589 on: March 01, 2016, 08:07:22 AM »
http://www.wnd.com/2016/02/a-new-gop-is-born/

Not too surprising given Buchanan is more in the mold of a Libertarian-Conservative...so take it for what it's worth...

But I have to admit...I cannot read or hear this kind of statement often enough!

"...the returns from the primaries look like the passing of the old order, the death rattle of an establishment fighting for its life, and being laughed at and mocked as it goes down."

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #590 on: March 01, 2016, 08:40:15 AM »
Well off to see the wizard and do my civic duty.  Have decided that the best coarse of action will be the flip a coin when I get the 'cheat sheet' to put my mark on. 

Damn this is really going to be fun ----  ::unknowncomic::  ::whoohoo::
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #591 on: March 01, 2016, 08:44:12 AM »
We have caucuses - I don't know when and IDC because we also don't have any influence on anything.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #592 on: March 01, 2016, 11:15:38 AM »
If we actually got around to doing our civic duty statists of all stripes would be running for their lives and the streets would echo with reports and the cries of the wicked...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #593 on: March 01, 2016, 11:32:44 AM »

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #594 on: March 01, 2016, 08:32:51 PM »
 ::outrage:: is right!
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #595 on: March 01, 2016, 08:49:50 PM »
That's really odd. I know a BUNCH of vets and none, zero, zip, have that sentiment.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #596 on: March 02, 2016, 07:20:58 AM »
The more people advertise, through whatever means, their hostility to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of (Living!) Happiness...well, thanks.  We'll catch up with y'all in a bit m'kay?!

;)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #597 on: March 02, 2016, 07:37:34 AM »
BOT - Trump and Hitlerly roll on, Cruz stays afloat with TX & OK, but at this point all he can angle for his either a spot as VP or a promise to be seated on SCOTUS.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/0d996fcce5de470a9f73f655aa1e6e05/super-tuesday-clinton-trump-look-pull-away-rivals

This is hilarious...

http://www.nydailynews.com/complete-guide-fleeing-president-donald-trump-america-article-1.2549397

...not a single one of these bloviating hypocrites is going to go anywhere!  As always they all just talk out of their asses!

::mooning::

Some of their ex-pat destinations make no fircken sense, well to me anyway...

This is pathetic...

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/03/minnesota-dfl-caucus-candidates-speak-only-in-somali/

...once more I have to hide my Minnesota heritage...if anybody asks I a from Wisconsin.

...I swear I see some of these idiots next door to me.

Part of the Prog-economy effect...old rural outer ring areas like mine are more affordable than the pricier high-tax inner ring/core neighborhoods...so morons like this venture into my once peaceful semi-rural neck of the woods...

::gaah::

I hear their jibber-jabber and their noisy spawn too often...

When it's warmer I do my Kowalski imitation...

Oh, and if it isn't embarrassing enough to be a Minnesotan, our caucus went to Rubio!  Great, the E-GOP standard-bearer v2.0, wow...

::unknowncomic::

But realistically, it is like being provisionally named Mayor of Turdtown, caucus is non-binding.  Precinct delegates go to BPOU convention, then District convention, then State convention...that's three more whacks at gaming the thing until people have to put up at the National convention.

Congrats Rub's, you won basically nothing...

::hysterical::
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 07:47:12 AM by Libertas »

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #598 on: March 02, 2016, 08:23:19 AM »

http://www.krdo.com/news/heres-why-you-will-not-see-republican-caucus-results-tonight/38282368

Michelle went to Caucus last night and apparently the eGOP has decided that  they aren't even going to do an offical straw poll-- because reporting tallys from the general caucus would bind delegates... and eliminate  a bunch of cheating and bribery going on at the State level. They weren't even allowed to discuss the candidates - after all that vote won't matter,  but Michelle's table of 10 , 4 voted Rubio, 1 Trump, 4 Cruz, 1 Carson anyway,  and elected a Delegate ,so  there you are.

The GOP is dead to me. If I get a single call from them this election season that poor person on the phone is going to hear about it. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #599 on: March 02, 2016, 11:18:51 AM »
Yup, it used to be life would only deal you a sh*t sandwich once in a while...the frequency has risen to the point that in the Progworld of today sh*t sandwiches are coming at you on a high-speed conveyor belt...

Time to blow that sh*t up...repairs are pointless and futile.