Author Topic: 2016 Races...If Anybody Cares...  (Read 202960 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: 2016 Races...If Anybody Cares...
« Reply #700 on: March 23, 2016, 08:41:56 AM »

Never claimed the man was Hitler or genocidal but fascist...absolutely. I'm still under the belief he's a coward that hides from his opposition through lawyers and twitter.

If you mean fascist in the sense of Mussolini Corporatism  - where all corporations serve the state, then their own interests,  then yeah, Trump will continue our long and well established tradition of crony capitalism most recently highlighted in Obamacare and the governments hijacking of every single Health care related business to serve the state agenda.

I just don't see the man as ideologically driven. A bullying Coward? Sure. A Nut? Absolutely. A Clown? you bet.  And that combination can do a lot of damage.   But  I think -left to his own devices-  the man is such a relenting egoist, that he will lead by poll, and never do anything that dampens his popularity. The US government is his next reality show and he will work to ensure he consistently tops the  ratings.  I don't get the sense he is malicious or hateful towards America or Americans, and like C.S. Lewis said,   his "cupidity may at some point be satiated."  However,  he may not be left to his own devices in this...and manipulated to do other things.... perhaps building the  police state apparatus to round up and deport illegals.

I just don't see why you are so concerned or angry. The window for a political solution closed when the Tea Party failed to take both Houses in 2010 - that is why the IRS was engaged at that point.  It was certainly over after Obama's re-election in 2012  which was handed to him by the eGOP deliberately. No election since can be said to have mattered, and this upcoming one  certainly not.  Would the Democrats be running Hillary - with her crimes and baggage-- if there was any chance there was going to be a fair election?  Its all theater. Don't like the show, don't watch.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 08:08:39 AM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #701 on: March 24, 2016, 11:51:24 AM »
Two interesting articles at AT -

FWIW - Cliff Notes Summary - Don fights instead of dropping his pants and bending over.

And I think an astute observation -

"If Hillary wins the White House she will have the compliance of her party and, depending on how successful the Republicans are in maintaining their majorities, will be less restrained.  Trump will face not only a terrified Democrat opposition, but the old Republican coalition that will still dominate the Congress."

Basically - If Trump wins - If they aren't doing anything, at least they aren't coming up with new ways of pissing me off!  If Hillary wins - It's all but over.

"This will be a fascinating campaign to unfold.  It was foreseen by Angelo Codevilla in his important article in The American Spectator six years ago, "America's Ruling Class and the Perils of Revolution."  While I and many others grossly underestimated the force behind the Trump rise, it does seem that this middle-class revolution will not be ignored.  The Democrats would be foolish to consider this merely a Republican problem."

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/03/a_loud_and_mighty_shift_of_governing_coalitions.html#ixzz43q8wCYyI

Got Revolution?

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #702 on: March 25, 2016, 06:20:13 AM »
I don't have a revolution, but I have my plane tickets out, May 29.

I'm probably lucky to unload the home now that I see home sales crashing.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #703 on: March 25, 2016, 07:12:38 AM »
Good for you, you deserve to do what you want with what you've earned! 

Haven't heard from my nephew the realtor so I am kind of out of touch with the local housing market these past several months, I know some areas do better than others, so hopefully you get as good a deal as you can to pad your stash.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #704 on: March 25, 2016, 07:23:47 AM »
In other news...

'Soup's guy and my early favorite as well predicts an open convention would pick somebody not currently running, not Trump, Cruz or Kasich.

http://host.madison.com/ct/news/local/govt-and-politics/election-matters/scott-walker-predicts-open-gop-convention-would-nominate-someone-not/article_e3eea03d-8f97-57ed-90bc-e5f737001d52.html

Which for those hoping for anybody but Trump is something to cheer and something to fear.  With no Cruz being considered it seems rather obvious Walker thinks an Establishment "uniter"  ::puke:: is in play, and given the track record of the E-GOP I cannot say that isn't the heavy odd's on favorite conclusion.

So, who outside the current mix and candidates and ex-candidates?

Ryan?   ::puke::

Mitch Daniels?   ::puke::

Romney?   ::puke::

They pull that sh*t I am done!!!

In other news, Muslims in US organizing in Mosques to register cultists to vote to stop Trump.

Reminds me of 1980 and Russians and Persians and all manner of disreputable ilk sh*tting their pants over Reagan becoming President.

Well, this time around a bunch of scared Muzzies appears to be reason enough to dump Trump and pick a more sensible choice.

Well, choice...heh, I made a funny.

Whatever people do, plan for the real end game...or reap the bitter harvest.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 07:48:04 AM by Libertas »

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #705 on: March 25, 2016, 08:22:02 AM »
Sat there for two weeks, did a reduction, just to end up having two bidding.  Almost got my original asking price.

So out of Crapholisota at the end of April and to a tropical locale, end of May.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #706 on: March 25, 2016, 08:24:18 AM »
Sat there for two weeks, did a reduction, just to end up having two bidding.  Almost got my original asking price.

So out of Crapholisota at the end of April and to a tropical locale, end of May.

::thumbsup::

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #707 on: March 25, 2016, 11:30:05 AM »
In other news...

'Soup's guy and my early favorite as well predicts an open convention would pick somebody not currently running, not Trump, Cruz or Kasich.

http://host.madison.com/ct/news/local/govt-and-politics/election-matters/scott-walker-predicts-open-gop-convention-would-nominate-someone-not/article_e3eea03d-8f97-57ed-90bc-e5f737001d52.html

Walker caught hell for his comments from Trumpeteers, but his comments make logical sense. Occam's razor agrees that if the GOPe mounts a brokered convention challenge to a Trump ascension they would logically pick someone other than their perceived arch enemy - right?

And listen to his words:

"I think if it’s an open convention, it’s very likely it would be someone who’s not currently running," Walker told reporters Thursday. "I mean, who knows. The one thing I qualify — it’s like the qualifications you see on those ads you see for car dealerships. I think any of us who comment on this election have to qualify that almost every prediction’s been off, so it’s hard to predict anything."

The governor, who ended his own presidential campaign in September, has yet to endorse a candidate. He plans to decide whether to endorse within the next few days, he said.

"I think it might be one of the days where the weather trumps Trump," he joked, adding that that was probably "wishful thinking."

Where my disappointment will likely come is when he endorses one of the establishment alternatives. It will be at that point when it will be a foregone conclusion that the pubbie nomination schema is hopelessly corrupt and deserves a violent death.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #708 on: March 28, 2016, 08:58:22 AM »
The air this morning is awash with Cruz's "I have no desire to copulate with a rodent" statement.

Shouldn't this be in the "I Saw This Funny Thing On The Net" Thread?

::laughonfloor::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #709 on: March 28, 2016, 11:41:47 AM »
It is hard to tell where latter day politics begins and humor starts...

For instance...

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/03/gov-mike-huckabee-ted-cruz-really-wants-fight-cheating-rumors-hell-sue-national-enquirer-video/

And...

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/03/27/stephen-miller-exposes-faux-feminism-cnn-panel-facts-muslim-migration-open-borders/

...hilarious, no?

I mean the E-GOP focused on sex scandals and Progs focused on phony wars when real war happens in front of their brain-dead faces.

What else can you do but laugh?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #710 on: March 29, 2016, 07:24:14 AM »
The beauty of a corrupt system...

http://www.infowars.com/walker-will-endorse-cruz-in-wisc-push/

...some hope for Anyone-But-Trump folks...if you can call that hope...

I am taking a bit more pleasure in this morsel - Paul Ryan faces primary challenge from wealthy businessman ‘betrayed’ by House speaker

Betrayed by the E-GOP...that's a long line...but I reckon this guy can buy his way to the front of the line...maybe he can actually unseat a sitting Speaker, its happened before...

*ETA - Ryan's challenger is identified as Paul Nehlen.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 07:28:04 AM by Libertas »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #711 on: March 29, 2016, 12:41:38 PM »
http://www.weaselzippers.us/264249-black-teenagers-rap-about-killing-donald-trump-and-digging-a-grave-for-him/

Yeah, ain't they cute?  Mouths writing checks their little racist asses can't cash.  Precious.

That'd be another way to start the party...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #712 on: March 30, 2016, 11:56:59 AM »
The myth...

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/03/greta-van-susteren-wildest-dreams-dont-see-jury-convicts-lewandowski-video/

Greta, Greta, Greta...it's not about the law, it's about the allegation and being smeared in public.

Funny how this is once again another case where it is swell to spout about equal rights and ignore equal responsibility...

The reality...

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/03/video-anti-trump-protester-slugs-elderly-trump-supporter-face/

I was raised to never strike a woman...but if I reclassify this creature the way it self-identified (hairy-legged FemiNazi), well...see if she wants to pick on another old man, eh?

And this nutbar...

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/03/ouch-unhinged-never-trumper-screams-fck-fat-btch-back-flips-head-video/

...I think Cheech loves getting his ass-kicked, so...off-camera we could have some fun with that tool.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #713 on: March 30, 2016, 06:49:26 PM »

Where to?
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #714 on: March 31, 2016, 06:58:30 AM »
The plan is Manila for a few months, to Taiwan for a few years, then back to Angeles for the longer term.

But plans are always subject to change when one no longer has to be at certain places at certain times.   :D

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #715 on: March 31, 2016, 07:05:41 AM »
Don't know about Taiwan but in the PI you have to like hot & humid...but I know they'll be good eats to be had (Lumpia, Pork Adobo, Bibinka...sea food of all kinds) and hooch to wash it down with.

::beertoast::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #716 on: March 31, 2016, 07:21:09 AM »
No surprise given the flimsiness of the allegations...

http://www.wnd.com/2016/03/lewandowski-prosecutor-outed-as-hillary-supporter/

NBPC makes its first ever primary endorsement...

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/03/30/breaking-national-border-patrol-council-endorses-trump-for-president/

And Love/Hate Trump, all should read this article in AT by Oleg Atbashian (Comrade Red Square at The Peoples Cube). 

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/03/some_of_my_best_friends_are_trump_supporters.html

I would really like to know everyone's reaction to this.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 07:55:54 AM by Libertas »

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #717 on: March 31, 2016, 02:44:45 PM »
On a sidenote.....How many are enjoying all the "Trump hates" stories pumped out each day. I believe the latest is the "trump hates" people who get abortions.

It's different every day and I always appreciate the photo of choice....Trump does make a lot of goofy faces...lol. I wonder if the media will ever figure out this feeds Trump. Nah.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #718 on: March 31, 2016, 10:47:46 PM »
Don't know about Taiwan but in the PI you have to like hot & humid...but I know they'll be good eats to be had (Lumpia, Pork Adobo, Bibinka...sea food of all kinds) and hooch to wash it down with.

::beertoast::

Mmmmm....Lumpia

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #719 on: April 01, 2016, 07:01:31 AM »
Where I'll be is 9 months of tropical summer and 3 months of beautiful...except for the once in 50 year cold fronts as they had this year.  A day in the 40s and people die, because no one has heat and the buildings aren't insulated.

I can eat most everything except balut.  Just.  No.